What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LATEST NEW'S 8

magpiemax

Juniors
Spoke to my source this afternoon and the first thing I mentioned was the Shane Walker rumour.He said to me if we are going to chase people like Walker why would'nt we just keep Mears.He said that Sheens had approached his player manager regarding some other player and that the media automatically assume it's regarding Walker.

In other new's we have made offer's to some more young player's this time from the Rugby code,the first is a young prop who has great potential and plays for Sydney Uni and the other a five/eighth lock who plays for Eastern Suburbs Rugby.We will have a definite answer by tuesday on these 2 players as they have been told should they not accept we will move on to the next best option in player signing's.

We have also spoken to Turner who for memory is a fullback at the Storm and Tony Jensen who will be released by the Dragons he is a great backrower with plenty of ability.(Please note:THESE PLAYERS ARE NOT SIGNED BY US BUT WE ARE TRYING TO ATTAIN THEM).

Now Scott Donald is very keen to join our club and is willing and able but Sheens is concerned that he may be a liability in defence but is still considering him,Matt Jobson is still there on the backburner as well.

Regarding the merging of the lower grades I have it on good authority that it won't be happening in a hurry.
Apparently the Balmain side of the JV are ready to merge tomorrow if need be, but the Western Suburbs side of it won't have a bar of it.Now please don't think that I am in anyway biast towards the Magpies regarding this issue as this is pure fact and if any of you know some one at the club i'm sure they will verify this.
That's all folk's Regards Max. ;-)

Sincas

Juniors
Well I hope we take Donald. Sheens said in January that Elford is one of the best defensive centres in the game but I'm afraid I don't agree.

Dunno about the Balmain side ready to jump on the PL merge. I know they are not unanimous unless I'm being told porkies.

daslacker

Juniors
Thanks for the info again max.Very interesting.

Steve turner is a gun.I emailed noyce about him last year.
But isn't there also a glenn turner with the storm too,a backrower/lock from memory.I think it might be the later.Glen still would be a decent
pick up.(i think :? )

Donald well,alot here want him at the club.I'm alittle more scepticial about
him.I'm starting to come around due to his speed.

Good news on trying poach some rugby guys.Another prop would be great.

Good to see we are strengthening our weaknesses

magpiemax

Juniors
daslacker said:

But isn't there also a glenn turner with the storm too,a backrower/lock from memory.I think it might be the later.Glen still would be a decent

Not sure mate,I was told he played fullback at some stage this Turner. :? :?

tiger_nick

Bench
Turner is a AWESOME, I would love him on the wing for us! But would that mean the leaving of Simon Greally? :?

tiger_nick

Bench
Max,

Turner pushed Greally onto the wing for NSW U/19s last year. He is a fullback but obviously won't push Hodgson out. However he would be great on the wing!

magpiemax

Juniors
CULLUS.ONLINE said:
Max, you are an invaluable asset for us all!

Deepest thanks for your insider news!
Thank's mate,I will find out next week regarding these 2 Rugby player's, that's if they don't sign earlier.
But I know for a fact that they are playing the waiting game as far as signing's go.
Because I mentioned to him what happened to the other NRL forward we are trying to sign and he said to me "be patient Max,Tim is very happy with the current player's we have for next year,but we will have an NRL forward signed by season's end ".

Disco Tiger

Juniors
Rugby props are useless in Rugby League.It is a totally different set of skills. Remember Tony Darcy and Kent Lambert. I am a bit confused about a five eighth/lock as they have no similarities at all in Rugby. Turner would be a great buy for the Tiges.

daslacker

Juniors
magpiemax said:
daslacker said:

Even better i'd rather steve anyway.Abit suprising though,maybe he doesn't like melbourne and wants to come back to sydney.

He isn't off contract is he?

magpiemax

Juniors
Disco Tiger said:
Rugby props are useless in Rugby League.It is a totally different set of skills. Remember Tony Darcy and Kent Lambert. I am a bit confused about a five eight/lock from rugby as they have no similarities at all in Rugby. Turner would be a great buy for the Tiges.
That's what I said to my source but he said not when there only 19/20 year's of age as there habit's are not set in yet.

magpiemax

Juniors
daslacker said:
magpiemax said:
daslacker said:

Even better i'd rather steve anyway.Abit suprising though,maybe he doesn't like melbourne and wants to come back to sydney.

He isn't off contract is he?
No, but apparently he want's out.

tigermania

Juniors
Coming from the Wests side of things i'm not surprised that the Wests side will not merge.There getting there arse kicked as per usual,unfortunatly these poor souls just like being losers , who cares!!!!! The 10 people that go to the Cambo ground to watch them good luck to you.Tradition lives on at the expence of the future !

Stellar

Juniors
Turner is a real good young player hes usually a fullback but unfortunately is behind one Billy Slater so he'd be a perfect addition on the wing for the tigers. The tries that Donald may let in will be cancelled by by how many tries he can score, would be a good buy.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Good stuff again max!

On Turner, would be a great buy but where we play him is another matter all together. Glad the Shane Walker rumour was wrong, geez that would've been sorry to sign him. Toney Jensen would be a good signing, i look at him as a player who always looks good in a good side like he is this season, an honest harworking and effective player.

Dissapointed to hear about the PL talk. Eventually it will happen, its inevitable, hopefully both sides will come round to an agreement in the future.

Albo

Juniors
Max, is the player you were referring to us chasing who is still under contract Tony Jensen??

bonstonker

Juniors
the only reason turner left penrith was because he wanted game time and is not getting it in melbourne,and would get a wing spot at the tigers.
and he would be a great back up to hodgson if he gets injured.
he is still only 19 and well worth the investment.
i sure hope he is the turner we are speaking to because i think the storm have 4 turners on their books.

jenson averages about 8 yards per hit up which is good for a second rower,geez we can't even get that from our props.

the good thing about this years recruitment is that we are going for younger players looking to prove their worth instead of players 28 and over who have finished developing.
we certainly don't look like a retirement home next year.

hopefully we can now finish off the year on a good note and jag 8th spot and give us a giant springboard for next year.