What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latimore

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
evarn and mongrel, with all due respect to the guy because he's good, don't belong in the same sentence.

blain

Juniors
haha sione... why would we want that dork back? could barely make the team BOP rugby.

Rich102

Staff member
Yep. My mistake. I meant Hame not his brother - though he has a bit too!

Anyway, none has the real mongrel in them but at least they fire up more than what we have.

I don't think the twice weekly anger management sessions are paying off, and I don't think the crowd think so either. Fortress Mt Smart is a long way off.

Now we will really see if things have changed. Will we fight back or go into a dive?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah he's not that big. Whoever keeps saying 'those massive Warriors forwards' is kidding themselves. Manly looked enormous next to us. Even if Pricey isn't that intimidating kind of forward at least he brings a bit of size.

And Penrith as well, and we played 3 props. Moronic.

Latimore couldn't break down a dunny door in a gingerbread house, let alone dent NRL defences. Deadset, he's another of those journeyman, guy-next-door paint-by-numbers signings that gives Ivan a hard-on. And allows him to sleep at night.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Yep. My mistake. I meant Hame not his brother - though he has a bit too!

Anyway, none has the real mongrel in them but at least they fire up more than what we have.

I don't think the twice weekly anger management sessions are paying off, and I don't think the crowd think so either. Fortress Mt Smart is a long way off.

Now we will really see if things have changed. Will we fight back or go into a dive?

Are you saying when Mt Smart was a fortress (if you could call it that or just the warriors playing better in NZ) was down to Hame and Evarn?

Are you meaning 08 season in terms of this fortress rich?

Hame had a bit of mongrel, I would have said Wiki but he was bust in 08' (no more head high tackles :() plus at that time Cleary was coach and was same ol same ol anyway maybe even worse with the nice guy approach.

I would say Tate and Ta'ai and maybe Maloney, sometimes even Manu can depends on the situation have a bit of it to them.

That was one poor game mate, not time to hit the doomsday button yet one game!

Rich102

Staff member
I've been working on my sidestep.:D Was hoping someone would notice.

Have to agree with your post before last. Tate is probably the most aggressive of our players. Though Luck can fire up too.
Gee, I just want to see someone get angry when we are getting thrashed, not roll over on their backs.
As far as Latimore goes I see him as a work in progress. Has a bit of size, is mobile, fit and has good skills. Lacks confidence. Needs a good coach. Hopefully he can be developed as a ball player. He may be better suited to the second row.

I was really disappointed after the Penrith game. After the false hopes of the early part of the season it is back to the ho-hum.

Meth

Staff member
I thought he probably played his best game in the Warriors jersey v the Dragons- but can this bloke play any more minutes? Probably played less than 30 again on the weekend. Is this strategic or forced?

ozbash

Referee
I thought he probably played his best game in the Warriors jersey v the Dragons- but can this bloke play any more minutes? Probably played less than 30 again on the weekend. Is this strategic or forced?

not just Latimore, Matulino, Heremaia, Hendo, Lillyman and Packer/Rapira are all way under used.

Matulino and Heremaia would both be 80 min players, surely ?

Meth

Staff member
not just Latimore, Matulino, Heremaia, Hendo, Lillyman and Packer/Rapira are all way under used.

Matulino and Heremaia would both be 80 min players, surely ?

v the Dragons

Latimore 29 mins
Matulino 40 mins
Heremaia 41 mins
Henderson 49 mins
Packer 59 mins

ozbash

Referee
Matulino 40 mins
Heremaia 41 mins

both are capable of more, wouldnt you think ?

Matulino and Tai'a should be there for 80..

surprising to see how long Packer was on, didnt actually seem like it.

ozreece77

Juniors
Matulino 40 mins
Heremaia 41 mins

surprising to see how long Packer was on, didnt actually seem like it.

I dont think Tai'a has the legs for 80mins. Hes a big bopper.
Good to see Packer doing a lot of minutes though. He is really coming along now.

Meth

Staff member
Heremaia only playing 41 minutes is criminal.

To be fair, that may have been somewhat influenced by Tate's injury?

Actually, I meant to quote Rich's post about Henderson playing more minutes than Heremaia. I agree that Heremaia should be playing more mins

Last edited:

Lego_Man

First Grade
Matulino 40 mins
Heremaia 41 mins

I wouldnt want Ta'ai playing for 80, not because i think he sucks...but because i think he's most damaging with higher energy levels and a smaller defensive load.

And yep Heremaia should play more, take some ownership. He's been invisible since Round 4.