What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell is not a fullback

And Triple M having a virtue-signalling hissy fit after years of sexual inneundo and swearing on their programs. The world's gone mad.

Phil Rothfield, of all people, had a go at 2MMM over that interview from last Thursday night. Said they were so offended by it, Ginnane dumped it whilst on air. Yet later, the staff at 2MMM put it into the audio highlights package of the call and sent it out to people. Work that one out o_O

Valheru

Coach
It's amazing how someone says something in the media and everyone believes it. SEN Radio posted an instagram story quoting Andrew Voss who said Leniu could be looking at 8 or more weeks if found guilty... Latrell shared that story with two words "And some". That's it.

It's a little ironic we'll see another week of Fox and co putting sh*t on Latrell for some naughty words, just after they spent a week pumping up the tires of Curtis "domestic abuser" Scott.

And Triple M having a virtue-signalling hissy fit after years of sexual inneundo and swearing on their programs. The world's gone mad.

I hope the club puts a media ban on him for everyone's sakes, and stick to Cameron Murray's "Full credit to the boys, just got to get the 2 points, building our season, blah blah" boring-ass cliches that everyone complains about these days.
I'm not normally a latrell basher and I certainly don't believe he is to blame for their current form.

His interview was truly bizarre though. I actually would prefer our sports stars were a bit more honest like in the states but that is not the culture. The most baffling part is he knew he would get this reaction yet did it anyways.

On the judiciary thing, regardless of what he exactly said he made a comment about what the punishment should be before the process has been finalised. You can't do that, plain and simple.

macnaz

Staff member
He is more of a fullback than Damien Cook is a hooker

5 prelims and he's either been rubbish or MIA in all of them

Constantly avoids any criticism though because he's a good bloke
good bloke . Really ?

Reactions: Vee

Chimp

Bench
Gus has nailed it on 100% Footy - basically said that if Latrell is to get the respect he craves, he also has to show respect, and that his interview carry on showed a lack of respect to the game, Souths, the media and the fans.
Gus basically said that he’s been saying since Latrell was very young, that he needed to be pulled into line, or there’s a risk Latrell will think he’s bigger/more important than the game/his club etc…. He wasn’t pulled into line, and here we are…..

bedlam breakout

Juniors
every great thing he does could still be done from centre - he is not a full back as much as he wants to be he's just not and its costing souths results and the taxi will soon be called for JD if he doesn't get tough and put LM back to number 4

This Year?

Immortal
Is Maroon now confirmed a racist?

@Pippen94
giphy.gif

Valheru

Coach
every great thing he does could still be done from centre - he is not a full back as much as he wants to be he's just not and its costing souths results and the taxi will soon be called for JD if he doesn't get tough and put LM back to number 4
Having the opinion that Latrell is a better centre than fullback is a valid one however I would suggest he is the best fullback option they have and by some margin. So yes, moving him to centre would greatly strengthen that position but it would also weaken a far more important position IMO.

yobbo84

First Grade
Having the opinion that Latrell is a better centre than fullback is a valid one however I would suggest he is the best fullback option they have and by some margin. So yes, moving him to centre would greatly strengthen that position but it would also weaken a far more important position IMO.
Yeah it's easy to say "Latrell is a centre" when you have Tedesco or Turbo or whatever at the back.

We really screwed the long-term plan when we placed all our hopes on a 17-year-old mercenary lol

Valheru

Coach
Yeah it's easy to say "Latrell is a centre" when you have Tedesco or Turbo or whatever at the back.

We really screwed the long-term plan when we placed all our hopes on a 17-year-old mercenary lol
They haven't named the team yet but the biggest head scratcher for me is not putting Wighton in the halves. Given Cody's lack of form, he is surely the best half at the club by a country mile?

Dropping Ilias in favour of Wighton is at least logical and doesn't make him look as much a scapegoat and having a proven commodity in the halves will only help Cody by taking all the pressure off him. Putting a debutante in there increases the pressure.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
He's the worst fullback in the comp. Never in position