What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell Mitchell, Jack Wighton arrested

Valheru

Coach
sounds like Latrell might be inline for the raiders famous AFP TPA arrangement if the unnamed player is to be believed :D

honestly sounds like a complete nothing burger… couple of drunk mates have getting a bit silly. Doubt anything serious will come of it

Probably a $300 fine or something like that will be all that comes of it legally which is all this probably deserves.

But you underestimate the NRL's ability to make everything about themselves and their self assigned position as society's moral compass. They tried for weeks to get something on radley in England but couldn't get anyone to talk.

Both will likely serve time on the sidelines and a fine in the 4 digit range.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
It hardly surprises me anymore when I hear Fatrell is involved in some stupidity. In their defence, the owner of the pub who hosted the party for Wighton reckons there's nothing in it.

GongPanther

Referee
Nothing good happens after midnight.
There might have been a spark of an argument inside the club in who was going to get the girl, and you end up outside the club because the woman knocked both Mich and his best buddy back when eventually she had enough of the bullshit going on between both of them. The result, both blaming each other in a fuel enraged testosterone fight outside.

Just fine the pair of them and have it done with.

Last edited:

Zadar

Juniors
Probably a $300 fine or something like that will be all that comes of it legally which is all this probably deserves.

But you underestimate the NRL's ability to make everything about themselves and their self assigned position as society's moral compass. They tried for weeks to get something on radley in England but couldn't get anyone to talk.

Both will likely serve time on the sidelines and a fine in the 4 digit range.
Didn’t Radley cop a 2 match ban and a $20k fine, for an incident where the police weren’t even involved in 2021?

The NRL would love to sweep this under the carpet, especially being all star weekend coming up, so who knows what they’ll come up with.

Canard

Immortal
"Walsh's Hotel, Queanbeyan were we come to get drunk!" - actual quote from Jack Wighton in this video

This Year?

Immortal
I'm confused. If there was nothing in it, then why were the police involved and how did they get there so fast to arrest and slap these charges on them?
None of it makes sense.

Addenum: Who is the wrestling coach for the police? Asking for a friend named Braig Cellamy.

Last edited:
From what I have heard reported, its Wighton who could be in hot water here. He has a 12 month suspended jail sentence and a suspended (iirc) $5,000 fine (court imposed) from a previous incident in 2018 in the ACT. Also he has a cluse in his contract saying he is not supposed to got to any night club in the ACT (which apparently he requested the Raiders put in his contract).

What they did was, in my opinion, very stupid.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I reckon latrell was just doing his civic duty. knowing how Jack likes to go around attacking the public when on the turps he thought he'd step in first to stop anyone else getting hurt. He deserves the community service medal for his courageous actions.