What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell Mitchell

Wittenberg

Juniors
We all agree that mitchell is a talk signing.Nothing else. Bet hey we can dream. He would stop pathways for are juniors anyways as he would be so good under Flannos strict Ways.And i say Block as he can play anywhere in the backline.. He would even make a great winger. Dont want to see how good this kid can get when his heads on straight..Frightning prospect i say.
There is an assumption that he can get his head on straight. The Roosters don’t often let a player go unless there is something seriously wrong. Yep maybe the Chooks are prepared to call his bluff thereby driving the ultimate price they will pay for him down. As for him being able to play anywhere in the backline I seriously doubt that. He demanded to try his hand at 5/8 and was dead average in the three games he played. Fullback? Not too sure there either. His pace off the mark is certainly not as explosive as many current fullbacks and his weight seems to be increasing, but his attitude is the worry. Now he is offering himself to Rugby. He is ten times the player either our two centres are but I have a feeling his star is heading downwards rather than upwards.

Y
There is an assumption that he can get his head on straight. The Roosters don’t often let a player go unless there is something seriously wrong. Yep maybe the Chooks are prepared to call his bluff thereby driving the ultimate price they will pay for him down. As for him being able to play anywhere in the backline I seriously doubt that. He demanded to try his hand at 5/8 and was dead average in the three games he played. Fullback? Not too sure there either. His pace off the mark is certainly not as explosive as many current fullbacks and his weight seems to be increasing, but his attitude is the worry. Now he is offering himself to Rugby. He is ten times the player either our two centres are but I have a feeling his star is heading downwards rather than upwards.
Yeah dead average at 6... I dont recall saying he was a HALF

possm

Coach
There is still time to sign Mitchell on a one year deal with an option in favour of the club for a further 3 years. A one year deal of 850k would seem to be affordable going on the salary saved through all the players that have left the club this year. Put Flanagan in charge of Mitchell and let Mitchell clearly understand the 3 year option would be ba given by the club upon a satisfactory performance being achieved in the 2020 season.

There is still time to rescue 2020 and Mitchell's signature seems to be the only way forward for the Dragons. Play Mitchell at right centre and Lomax at fullback at the start of the season. If Lomax does not perform well, swich Mitchell and Lomax to see if thngs improve.

Aitken to be off-loaded to an ESL team or spend most of his time in CC next season.

Dragsters

First Grade
Mitchell would be perfect at fullback..... for the wallabies!

He only has half a dozen good games in him a year and that's all he'll need there.

Perfect fit imo...

The calm one

Juniors
There is still time to sign Mitchell on a one year deal with an option in favour of the club for a further 3 years. A one year deal of 850k would seem to be affordable going on the salary saved through all the players that have left the club this year. Put Flanagan in charge of Mitchell and let Mitchell clearly understand the 3 year option would be ba given by the club upon a satisfactory performance being achieved in the 2020 season.

There is still time to rescue 2020 and Mitchell's signature seems to be the only way forward for the Dragons. Play Mitchell at right centre and Lomax at fullback at the start of the season. If Lomax does not perform well, swich Mitchell and Lomax to see if thngs improve.

Aitken to be off-loaded to an ESL team or spend most of his time in CC next season.
Life without Latrell, get to like it my brother because he is not coming here. Stay calm

boardlumps62

Juniors
Latrell would be a problem talk to Ricky Walford might get him straight. Sailor might make a great half can't see him being anything else unless he sprouts a few inches or looks like dad.

Simon

Juniors

Put yourself in the players shoes here, why would Mitchell ever entertain such an offer. The offer you put forward would never get past a players manager. In fact, the players manager probably wouldn't even reply and would set a rule that would send all future correspondence into their spam or trash folders from that club.

The reality is that if a club wants Mitchell they will need to find around 4 million over 4 years. Some clubs will pay that, I'm not sure we can given our current squad.

Crush

Coach

Mitchell would be a mistake. Nobody should touch this kid. He's likely to put on heaps of weight and go walk about.
We all want a quality centre and to be rid of our useless pair but Mitchell aint the answer.
End of.

BLM01

First Grade
Mitchell would be a mistake. Nobody should touch this kid. He's likely to put on heaps of weight and go walk about.
We all want a quality centre and to be rid of our useless pair but Mitchell aint the answer.
End of.
What quality centres are available now that Scott signed with Canberra?...especially we need 1 if we let Aitken & Lafai go and 2 if they go on with the stupid experiment of Lomax at fullback. Playing him at fullback will be a huge mistake and wont last 1/2 a season as he wont miraculously have the off the mark speed for cover and attack. Yeh maybe he can cover in emergency but thats all. Id rather Sailor or Dufty
I hope this time it is a Maryism keep your cards close to your chest surprise fool everyone comment including himself.
Dont think SSE will be ready by 2021?
I dont cae what Mary, Zac and others say. Lomax should be our 1st choice centre.
Like most positions with the NRL these days..the quality cupboard is getting emptied to spread across the game thanks to the I will play anywhere and anything on the globe policy as long as it is nmore money than last time

getsmarty

Immortal
What quality centres are available now that Scott signed with Canberra?...especially we need 1 if we let Aitken & Lafai go and 2 if they go on with the stupid experiment of Lomax at fullback. Playing him at fullback will be a huge mistake and wont last 1/2 a season as he wont miraculously have the off the mark speed for cover and attack. Yeh maybe he can cover in emergency but thats all. Id rather Sailor or Dufty
I hope this time it is a Maryism keep your cards close to your chest surprise fool everyone comment including himself.
Dont think SSE will be ready by 2021?
I dont cae what Mary, Zac and others say. Lomax should be our 1st choice centre.
Like most positions with the NRL these days..the quality cupboard is getting emptied to spread across the game thanks to the I will play anywhere and anything on the globe policy as long as it is nmore money than last time

Funny part is it could have all been avoided if Lomax was played @ right centre last year and left there....

Easily our best centre ...as judged by guys like Coyne/fittler/Johns etc...But our genius picks Aitken...LOL

Aitken needs to be cut loose and the club tried to release him but no takers....

possm

Coach
Funny part is it could have all been avoided if Lomax was played @ right centre last year and left there....

Easily our best centre ...as judged by guys like Coyne/fittler/Johns etc...But our genius picks Aitken...LOL

Aitken needs to be cut loose and the club tried to release him but no takers....
Drop Aitken and Lafai to reserve grade. They will soon ask for a release as their managers advise the increasing fall in their value.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Lets be honest, if Aitken was shopped around, this indicates he is not wanted in 1st grade at this club. Hoping he will learn to fix his errors is a waste of time, even for an experienced coach. So really he should be in CC next year and not re-signed past that. Obviously, Lomax at right centre with young Saab outside him seems an exciting duo. Sailor or Dufty at fullback.

possm

Coach
Lets be honest, if Aitken was shopped around, this indicates he is not wanted in 1st grade at this club. Hoping he will learn to fix his errors is a waste of time, even for an experienced coach. So really he should be in CC next year and not re-signed past that. Obviously, Lomax at right centre with young Saab outside him seems an exciting duo. Sailor or Dufty at fullback.
Sailor and Dufty both too small for the fullback position. We have 3 other outside backs with big frams, Saab, Ravalawa and Pearson. If we don't have the cash to buy a fullback or centre - and I believe we do - then select these youngsters and hope they do well in 2020. I mean we didn't go so well with Aitken and Lafai over the past few years anyway, so what do we have to lose? In the off-season let's start with :

Lomax - our only suitable candidate right now
Pereira - there is no doubt Mary wants him on the left wing
Ravalawa - has shown he could be a better right centre than righ winger
Pearson - has played left centre before in his junior days
Saab - probably our best winger in the club

Make this combination first choice for all pre-seasons sessions and trial games. If a player does not work out replace him for round one. I believe we will be very surprised on how well the above combination performs. Atken and Lafai to CC. May Ford to left centre if Pearson does not work out.

Last edited:

Latest posts