What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latu in trouble?

Balmain_Boy

Iafeta said:
For the record, I think it was Dene Halatau who caught him out.

That's who I originally thought, then I convinced myself it was Whatuira. Maybe it was Fats he wanted to punch on with? Either way, the Kiwis are going to suffer out of all this. When he burst on the scene 3 or so years ago, he looked like the long term option for the Kiwis at rake. Too late now.

His only option will be ESL one feels. Whether any of their clubs will be willing to take a punt on him is another matter.

Fair dinkum, I still can't believe it. Not only is hitting a woman a disgraceful, shameful and abhorrent act, but one also has to wonder how stupid the bloke is.

Jackal Dog

Juniors
We will know the truth soon enough, reports are there were about a dozen people who witnessed the incident.

Rexxy

Coach
Danish said:
In all seriousness i have heard that many lies come out of girls mouths about stories like this that i wouldnt be surprised if it were 100% true or 100% false.

Like the time one said your equipment was adequate? There's, like 12 witness FFS.

Danish said:
Hell, she might have been having a go at him

So there are times when its OK to break a woman's nose?

Danish

Referee
Rexxy said:
Like the time one said your equipment was adequate? There's, like 12 witness FFS.

She claims there were 12 witnesses. None have spoken up yet, including a dogs player.

So there are times when its OK to break a woman's nose?[/quote]

If she was abusing him, and hitting him and he pushed her away he could have unintentionally broke it, yes.

Hell she may have just been a drunken whore trying to smack him about and fell and broke her nose on the pavement without any involvement from him.

Or he could just be a merkin and have punched her in the face like she said, we dont know (although another article posted says he told a similiar story to the club).

There are apparently plenty of witnesses so i'm sure they will all let us know how it happened soon enough.

And i still find it hilarious that people feel the need to resort of personal insults for merely questioning the integrity of this girl without the full details or what went on, or even any info other than her own account to back her up.

Steel Dragon

Bench
[furrycat] said:
Cameras do not cover every square inch of the place.

Granted. But the issue hasnt been raised yet, and as I am unfamiliar with the servo's layout - i thought there may have been something caught on tape.

No skin off my nose if theres not.

Cletus

First Grade
Danish said:
If she was abusing him, and hitting him and he pushed her away he could have unintentionally broke it, yes.

Hell she may have just been a drunken whore trying to smack him about and fell and broke her nose on the pavement without any involvement from him.

Or he could just be a merkin and have punched her in the face like she said, we dont know (although another article posted says he told a similiar story to the club).

There are apparently plenty of witnesses so i'm sure they will all let us know how it happened soon enough.

And i still find it hilarious that people feel the need to resort of personal insults for merely questioning the integrity of this girl without the full details or what went on, or even any info other than her own account to back her up.

Or she could have thrown a Dorrito at him. Those things will take your eye out so maybe it was self defence.

Rexxy

Coach
Danish said:
She claims there were 12 witnesses. None have spoken up yet, including a dogs player.

"Cronulla hooker Tevita Latu is facing the sack after admitting to the NRL club he punched a teenaged woman in the face." http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/bulletins/sport/200605231846/b4907d0

So there are times when its OK to break a woman's nose?

That's the wrong answer. No excuses. Ever. Ever. Haven't you seen the Chopper Read ad?

And i still find it hilarious that people feel the need to resort of personal insults for merely questioning the integrity of this girl

Post like an idiot, get treated like one. How can you question anyone's integrity, let alone someone you've never met.

The Dominator

Juniors
cainen said:
The Bulldogs player was Ngwini or however it's spelt. Was just on ch7 then.

Seems like it was Ngawini and Patten.

Sharks CEO Greg Pierce had this to say about the Bulldog's.

"The Bulldogs players were very supportive of the girl, I can't commend their behaviour highly enough."

As for claims he may be innocent, whilst commendable, it seems Latu is admitting he has done the wrong thing.

Inferno

Coach
I very much doubt his contract has been terminated yet.

This from the sharks website

http://www.sharks.com.au/index.php?id=48&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=251&tx_ttnews[backPid]=2&cHash=7ebcc11069
The incident is alleged to have taken place late on Sunday night-Monday morning. The player in question was charged by police but was subsequently released. He will face court to answer the charges in the coming weeks and has been stood down from playing and training indefinitely.

The player in question was the only Sharks player in the immediate vicinity when the incident was alleged to have occured.

The Sharks are offering the young lady full support in dealing with her injuries.

Sharks CEO Greg Pierce will continue internal investigations which are separate from the police investigations, with the club stressing stern action will be taken should the allegations be confirmed.

Pierce will speak with witnesses and the NRL before finalising the club’s investigations. He will then make a recommendation to the board of directors in relation to the disciplinary action that will be taken should misconduct be proven.

BWNB

First Grade
Geez that was quick less than 36 hours and thats it. Im glad the club dealt with the issue quickly the only thing i dont know is if they went throught every thing.