What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lauitiiti leaving the Warriors

brook

First Grade
El Duque said:
brook said:
mickdo said:
With Lyon possibly on the way out, Parra would have room under the cap...

only if fitzy agreed to release him and let him play for wee waa - otherwise he'll sit there taking up cap space

I don't think Lyon is being paid at the moment.

his payments have been suspended but I'm pretty sure that won't matter - if they are holding him to his contract than it'll count

if they release him it shouldn't though - unless they pay him out (very unlikely) and then I think the amount payed still counts

not 100% certain about this though - anyone know for sure?

thomo

Juniors
Souths would have about $200k-$250k left under the cap. If there is one position that we have depth in though, it is in the backrow. If there is a problem there at the Warriors we may be more interested in their coach than any of their players.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Pigskin said:
Disco said:
Pigskin said:
Disco said:
Manly have 750k under the salary cap

is that all ? :lol:

Oink !
I'm serious, we are only spending 2.5 mil on players

I know, I was being sarcastic .... meaning you look like you should have $3 mill up your sleeve

sorry

Manly can't afford to spend their cap can they ?

In all honesty I'd love to see a player like Ali go to Manly or Souths for the good of the comp. Can't see it happening though.

Oink !

Well, with Tezza gone, im sure Souths could throw some cash around

Pigskin

Juniors
thomo said:
Souths would have about $200k-$250k left under the cap. If there is one position that we have depth in though, it is in the backrow. If there is a problem there at the Warriors we may be more interested in their coach than any of their players.

Souths could do worse than go after Jones and Toopi for a couple of seasons.

If there is one positive for the Warriors, they are approaching a slightly easier section of the draw (by NRL standards) so might be able to get back on their feet before they start taking on big guns again

Oink !

Agent Mulder

Bench
I hope he does go to Souths...The poor bastard have a rough time with there players ie.Mag Dog getting injured when in good form,Chris Wanker crybaby and Greedy ass Hill.

Souths deserve him and it would be good for the game...another thing i can not understand is both on this website and RLeague.com is Bronco fans wanting to sign him? why? don't you have Carl Webb and others rotting away in the Qld Cup? :roll:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I reckon he'll go to SL. he can get some good $$ there. I'd prefer him go to a struggling club but i'd doubt he'd want to do that...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I'll bet Bradford will find a way of signing him. At the rate they like to sign up our players Kiwis will outnumber Pakistanis there soon!

innsaneink

Referee
Lyon said:
I hope he does go to Souths...The poor bastard have a rough time with there players ie.Mag Dog getting injured when in good form,Chris Wanker crybaby and Greedy ass Hill.

Souths deserve him and it would be good for the game...another thing i can not understand is both on this website and RLeague.com is Bronco fans wanting to sign him? why? don't you have Carl Webb and others rotting away in the Qld Cup? :roll:
The Broncos are like the Roosters, they want everything and anything :roll:

I think he'd be limited to which club he could go to in England as well, they have some sort of overseas player limit yeh??

tdcockers

Juniors
Muffdaddy said:
We've got HEAPS of room under our cap....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

if they buy him as well as orford (like that goose frillingos is suggesting), then i think i will be compelled to join dj1, sir don and fibro man in the relentless and unfounded accusations of salray cap rorting

still, i am glad that at least one rooster supporter can laugh at it still :D

Glennb

Juniors
Disco said:
Pigskin said:
Disco said:

Oink !

There is a reason for that...Manly have no money. For that reason I can;t see him going to Manly....or the Tigers for that matter unfortunately.

Glenn B

Glennb

Juniors
Disco said:
Pigskin said:
Disco said:

Oink !

There is a reason for that...Manly have no money. For that reason I can;t see him going to Manly....or the Tigers for that matter unfortunately.

Glenn B

skeepe

Immortal
I think he'd be a great pick-up for the Raiders, especially with the likes of Wiki and Croker unfortunately on their last legs. Don't know how much we have under the salary cap though, we should have a bit as we didn't sign anyone and lost a few of our top 25 from last year...

Iafeta

Referee
This...
has....
to...
be....

the worst day ever (footy wise anyway). A bit of sports pyschology could have done Ali wonders, the Warriors have been a tight knit family, it just feels as though that family which Ali was a big part of is falling apart. God bless your soul Ali, thank you for the memories, Kia Kaha in life, I'm still holding on to that .5% chance that you don't take the release and spring back to life.

Please Warriors, don't do the Tainui dirty on us. We've lived through it with the boardroom scandals, the private meetings, the Kearney/Pongia departures, 2001-till now its been so good. Don't, don't let it sink again.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Please Warriors, don't do the Tainui dirty on us. We've lived through it with the boardroom scandals, the private meetings, the Kearney/Pongia departures, 2001-till now its been so good. Don't, don't let it sink again.

They can't capitulate on us in all of 6 months.

Anonymous

Juniors
Now the raiders is somewhere he would excel. I don't like them, but they have the best style of play for him. A very good forward pack that can cover the hard yards, with him out on the fringes, and a very regimented attack would be good for him.

I wish we would get him. :(

playdaball

Bench
Pigskin said:
I Bleed Green said:
I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Union. I don't see him sitting at home for a while waiting for an NRL club to sign him.

he isn't proto-typical for any Union forward position though .... they wouldn't want him, nor would he be any good at the game

Oink !

Ali was a star for the Otahuhu 1st XV a few years ago when they won the Auckland secondary school championship. The Warriors managed to sign him but RU were also desperate for his signature. He is stilll very good friends with Orene Ai'i the Blues RU player. BTW his position ... 2nd five eight/ inside centre, not a forward.