What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lauitiiti leaving the Warriors

LeagueNut

First Grade
Why is all the talk instantly turning to who Ali will play for next?? Apparently he is being released because he doesn't share the Warriors vision of Premierships - in other words he can't be bothered any more. It could all be just another Jamie Lyon-type case.

DJ1

Juniors
Word on The Kennel is that he has expressed interest in playing for the Dogs. (No source named so I cannot confirm the reliability) We're under the cap by $400K but need this for upgrades to young guns coming through the ranks.

Even though I go for Souths, I don't think he would go every well there or any other low club. A player like him needs strong players around him and a good coach.

Kiwi

First Grade
Lyon said:
I hope he does go to Souths...The poor bastard have a rough time with there players ie.Mag Dog getting injured when in good form,Chris Wanker crybaby and Greedy ass Hill.

Souths deserve him and it would be good for the game...another thing i can not understand is both on this website and RLeague.com is Bronco fans wanting to sign him? why? don't you have Carl Webb and others rotting away in the Qld Cup? :roll:

I don't think it's a we want him to sign, but it wouldn't shock us if he played the rest of the year with us. He is good mates with Tony, and a stint at the Broncos may be something he thinks he needs. Time at a top club with a mate to get himself back on track, then onto somewhere else next year.

I think if he is having problems now, he should go to a club that will help him for the rest of this year. I'm sorry but Souths and Manly are not such clubs. He would be going from a good team in poor form with a good coach, to a poor team in poor form with poor coaches if he went to those clubs. He would go from bad to worse I feel. After he gets himself sorted then I'd like to see him go to a souths or manly, otherwise we could lose him to retirement or the ESL.

Kiwi

First Grade
Unknown Pleasures said:
Even though I go for Souths, I don't think he would go every well there or any other low club. A player like him needs strong players around him and a good coach.

I think so too, he needs a strong club this year, for the rest of the year he needs a great coach and good team mates to help him sort himself out.

However if either the Dogs with their cap problems, the Roosters period or the Broncos if the get Tuqiri sign him, then deadset the cap is a joke.

richie8u

Juniors
im sure penrith would love him, we need another PL bench warmer, jokes aside, i think he will go to england for afew years for the $$$$ and return here later when he wants to play in a good comp,

DJ1

Juniors
Penrith are going to be under the hammer big time with existing contract upgrades due to representative inclusions. I doubt they be looking to take on anyone else yet.

Blunty

Juniors
We all know the Eels won't release Jamie Lyon because they know he will go to Manly, first opportunity he gets with Crusher down there. With this privitisation deal going through Manly would have the cash fo a couple of these guys.

mickdo

Coach
Blunty said:
We all know the Eels won't release Jamie Lyon because they know he will go to Manly, first opportunity he gets with Crusher down there. With this privitisation deal going through Manly would have the cash fo a couple of these guys.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I personally think that Melbourne would be his best bet. They have a strong side a good coach and a strong NZ flavour amongst there squad and fans. He would also be pretty much anonymous down there, but on the other side of the coin he is a person that pulls people thru the gate. If he were to play in the NRL Melbourne Storm would be his best bet I reckon.

rossy

Juniors
DJ1 said:
Word on The Kennel is that he has expressed interest in playing for the Dogs. (No source named so I cannot confirm the reliability) We're under the cap by $400K.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Agent Mulder

Bench
Well Shock horror! The Roosters want to sign Ali!
Didn't see that coming :roll:

Didn't they also once want Rhys Wesser?