What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lay Off Sean Long

HUDDERSFIELDUK

Juniors
By no means am i a sean Long or St Helens fan,but come on,hes flown home as his wife is heavily pregnant and he was homesick,so what.
Lets all just get on with it and leave him alone,could this be a chance for Richard Horne?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Arrh..the homesick excuse again! Jeez, at least the Poms are similar! Harmison, now Long!

griff

Bench
:lol: homesick

what is he, 8?

he presumably knew his wife was "heavily pregnant" before he left as well

screeny

Bench
Lay off Sean Long? Lay off Sean Long??!!! Are you kidding? He's been handed the singular honour for playing for his country and as soon as things haven't gone his way he's deserted the team.

His wife may be pregnant but before the tour all his talk was of proving himself on the int'l stage. He's proved he doesn't have what it takes to cut it.

Two English journos - at least - have corroborated the drunkenness on flight allegation so it all adds up to a piss poor performance from him.

Shame on him.

Mr Saab

Referee
Awww poor baby.
If it was an Australian that went home (if they were touring as they were 2003/4/5) you would have your pot shot.

innsaneink

Referee
HUDDERSFIELDUK said:
By no means am i a sean Long or St Helens fan,but come on,hes flown home as his wife is heavily pregnant and he was homesick,so what.
Lets all just get on with it and leave him alone,could this be a chance for Richard Horne?

You f**kin dropkick, this isnt Fielden and his recently deceased mum, this is a player who was going to prove himself to NRL clubs as the next big GB player after Moz and Carney....as stated though the only thing hes proved is when the going gets tough, he shoots through.

One minute he wants to play NRL, the next hes homesick after 5 weeks...fft :roll:

Cujo

Juniors
screeny said:
Lay off Sean Long? Lay off Sean Long??!!! Are you kidding? He's been handed the singular honour for playing for his country and as soon as things haven't gone his way he's deserted the team.

His wife may be pregnant but before the tour all his talk was of proving himself on the int'l stage. He's proved he doesn't have what it takes to cut it.

Two English journos - at least - have corroborated the drunkenness on flight allegation so it all adds up to a piss poor performance from him.

Shame on him.

Spot on mate. As a Brit I'm ashamed this has happened - he only had to stick it out for another week anyway :( . The biggest fear is that Noble is going to go for some insane team selection that's going to turn already certain defect into another 60 point drubbing.

Geordie

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Now admit he is a sook by taking the easy road and going home!:lol:

Yeah, your right, I think he fits in to the category of the Aussies who refused to fly to GB a couple of seasons ago. :lol: :lol: :lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Geordie said:
Yeah, your right, I think he fits in to the category of the Aussies who refused to fly to GB a couple of seasons ago. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Small difference, that was 2001...also after September 11!;-)

Herbie

Juniors
screeny said:

Long is an overrated player anyway, has not had any standout perfomances in the Tri-Nations series.

Homesick, bullcrap...................weak as piss more like it.

Latest posts