What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League bosses tighten eligibility rules

hutch

First Grade
If people want to change the eligibility rules, then they must aim the rules at hurting australia's ability to claim players as residents simply because any good player in the southern hemisphere is going to gravitate to the NRL.

Players in situations like Hunt should not be given the option of playing for Australia. Similarly, players like Hayne who represented Fiji should be lost to Australian selectors.

The Kangaroos exploit the current rules worse than any nation, and will only implement changes to suit their own team (which is why they won't touch the residency laws).

if a player is signed by a club to move to australia, then yes i agree, he should never be allowed to play for australia, ever! if a player emigrates to australia as a child such as hunt did, there is no problem. if they want to represent the country where they are raised and will live forever, they are ausrtalian as anyone else and should be given the opportunity to represent their country.

The best thing that ever happened to the Kiwis was cutie playing for the Aussies. It made us a stronger team, full of players proud to play for their country, and led to us building a winning team. There's no way we would of won the world cup with that tosser in our team.

Blake

Juniors
The best thing that ever happened to the Kiwis was cutie playing for the Aussies. It made us a stronger team, full of players proud to play for their country, and led to us building a winning team. There's no way we would of won the world cup with that tosser in our team.

Full of players proud to play for their country? You sure about that? Seems to me a number of players have been coming or going from the kiwi camp depending on circumstances.

Still maintain that players will gravitate to the next best option.

deluded pom?

Coach
I hate the way Love throws the SoO into the press release. The RLIF has foo call to do with SoO and vice versa. It looks to me like they tinker with the eligibility rules so that they don't harm the ARL's biggest asset. The SoO is a monster that is hindering the international game. If they just accepted the fact that players can represent their SoO and another country then it wouldn't be too bad but they have to highlight the fact that SoO is for Australians only. I don't have a problem with this but anyone who chooses SoO should be made to realise that they won't be playing for anyone else if the Kangaroos don't come knocking at their door.