What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League headed to foot of class

seajay23

Juniors
His resume indicates he is a pommy sociologist and his papers are full of post-modernist bull.
I would suspect he is a rugger bugger with the usual hatred of both rugby league and the working class.
Of all the codes in Australia union is going backwards at a very rapid rate so expect more of such crap from the leather-patch boys in the near future.

eelandia

Juniors
Unfortunately the NRL is toothless when it comes to News Ltd inspired mud slinging.

The Tigers headline was disgraceful - yet no defence from the NRL.

I don't expect them to defend our great game from this trash either, yet Annesley makes an absolute fool of himself by coming out and accusing the AFL of being 'scared of League' when he was having a whinge about the scheduling of games the other week.

The game may be doing well, but I believe it is being run by a bunch of gutless, New Ltd stooges who will never say a bad word about their ultimate boss.

YW Colonel.

Hard to disagree eelandia, I could throw a dozen nics from here who would be able to make that bloke choke on his words simply armed with material from two or three TFC threads.

Danish

Referee
Choppies said:
At least we are doing something to stop it. What do the AFL do?

They take the newspapers to court to stop them releasing any bad information about them.... like drug cheats names for example

dubby

Bench
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
YW Colonel.

Hard to disagree eelandia, I could throw a dozen nics from here who would be able to make that bloke choke on his words simply armed with material from two or three TFC threads.

Do it EA!

You would be my first choice to attack this fool and expose him for the bigot he really is.

This guys blatant flippant remarks are hidden as being a "report" from an egg head uni prof.

Its out and out sophistry.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Geez you have to worry about the future of the country when idiots like this are being employed by Uni's!

Woods99

Juniors
seajay23 said:
His resume indicates he is a pommy sociologist and his papers are full of post-modernist bull.
I would suspect he is a rugger bugger with the usual hatred of both rugby league and the working class.
Of all the codes in Australia union is going backwards at a very rapid rate so expect more of such crap from the leather-patch boys in the near future.

1. The Tom Brock lecture is jointly sponsored by the NSW Leagues Club, and is delivered at the club.

2. Previous lecturers include "leather patch boys" like Tom Kenneally and Roy Masters.

I suspect that he is just an academic with a point of view that rabid leaguies are uncomfortable with.......the sort of people who believe that "rugby union is going backwards at a very rapid rate", while all the metrics for the game here since professionalism are growing in a very healthy direction.

One man's facts are another man's crap.:cool:

Woods99 said:
1. The Tom Brock lecture is jointly sponsored by the NSW Leagues Club, and is delivered at the club.

2. Previous lecturers include "leather patch boys" like Tom Kenneally and Roy Masters.

I suspect that he is just an academic with a point of view that rabid leaguies are uncomfortable with.......the sort of people who believe that "rugby union is going backwards at a very rapid rate", while all the metrics for the game here since professionalism are growing in a very healthy direction.

One man's facts are another man's crap.:cool:

LOL

This bloke talks anything but fact and even someone with the intellectual capacity of soup like you should know that.

3 billion viewers.....

dubby said:
Do it EA!

You would be my first choice to attack this fool and expose him for the bigot he really is.

This guys blatant flippant remarks are hidden as being a "report" from an egg head uni prof.

Its out and out sophistry.

Ta mate. I would if I had realised it was on earlier, the bloke could use a bit of "Westie sledging" from the balcony methinks.

"Show us ya graphs!!"

yobbo84

Coach
To further prove what an idiot this bloke is...

Qld Wizard Cup beats AFL and Grand Prix
18.09.06 23:08
The rain may have kept some fans at bay. However those that missed Saturday’s Queensland Wizard Cup grand final still found a way to tune in, with a slot-winning audience of 167,000 watching ABC TV’s live coverage.

In the metropolitan region alone, a whopping 120,000 fans watched the 2006 State League decider – 23,000 more than watched the grand final in 2005.

Such was the Queensland Wizard Cup’s drawing power it easily won its slot from 2pm in the metropolitan area.

At an average of 90,000 metro viewers, the gritty decider between Redcliffe and Toowoomba was second only in Saturday sports programs to the Brisbane Broncos v Newcastle Knights match.

Combined, the NRL and QRL fans drew an average 440,000 metro viewers on Saturday.

ABC’s Australian Indoor Bowls Championship averaged 68,000 viewers in the same region, while the AFL semi final between West Coast and the Bulldogs only just averaged 61,000 statewide.

Day 1 of the 2006 Phillip Island Grand Prix failed to register in the top 50 programs listed on Saturday.

A particularly pleasing aspect of the ratings was the large percentage of fans in the 25-54 age category, making it the 14th highest non-news program in this bracket on Saturday.

Source: http://www.leaguenet.com.au/index.php?id=126&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=1069&tx_ttnews[backPid]=59&cHash=4ce249e303

Hahaha AFL beaten by lawn bowls....

El Diablo

Post Whore
The Prof must of been in a coma.

AFL is without doubt the code that has more players in court than any other.

Ari Gold

Bench
Union going from strength to strength?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

aids

Bench
union's alright, it's got a clean image
and they handled that sailor drama well

what they lack is an entertaining game.
i don't mind watching it, but i've been more excited watched bottom of the table clashes that some international games.

and afl would have to be the most attented competetion in australia(at least 2nd to cricket) but i'm sure league pull better scores on tv ratings in the bigger states.

in summary, league isn't the cleanest code, but it's a long way off the dirtiest.

and ui would say this guy is pretty biased as well, or he would have mentioned the other codes with problems as well.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
This is the future for our game, the media are forming a perception of our game, whilst not the worst code, clearly we are not part of the overall picture, they would clearly love nothing more than AFL to take hold infact they encourage it. We maybe OK today but where will we be in 20-30-40 years?
Why is our sport treated this way?

Calixte

First Grade
Christ, it's not rocket science.

The "media" is a group of people. Each person brings their own prejudices to the table.

Many of them follow AFL, rugby union and/or soccer. Many of them don't like rugby league because it is the dominant sport in this part of the world.

Many of them lack the professionalism to reason and write objectively.

End of story.

j5o6hn

Juniors
Yes I often wonder why the Sydney media seems to go after Rugby League but AFL is left alone,watching the back page non of them includeing the Rugby League bloke from the Telecrap defends RL,they just kiss the AFLs backside.
If this is the way our so called friends treat us I would hate to meet some one who dont like the game, I think you can do anything in Union, head high, spear tackle(when the tackle if at all) in AFL you can hit a bloke in the head kick em, climb all over them,knees in the back, take drugs and not one word from our fearless Sydney scribes,its a fair dinkum joke

Latest posts