What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League players and the Comm/Olympic Games

Green Machine

First Grade
Just out of interest, which Union players elect to play 7s instead of playing Super 14 and/or test matches for the Wallabies, All Blacks or Springboks?

Loudstrat

Coach
See.. proof positive i CAN control a bowel movement.. i got you to post again...
Pity you cannot control your own. Your mum is the only woman in the shaky isles who needs a pooper scooper when she walks you to the school bus.

Thats a lie... when you have to reort to lying that shows you have nothing.
How the f*ck would you know what Wendell Sailor's mate said? There are at least three that rate him the best Union winger of his time: Wendell's mate, Wendell himself, and me: 3. There ya go. He has been rated. Thrice.

You yet again show how little you know... Argentina and france where 2rd and 4th at the last qorld cup... hardly crap... and the french 7's team have actually won some 7's tournaments... Once again it shows you dont have a clue what you are talking about... and thats not including Fiji who are the 2nd best 7's team in the world.
so how does that equate to this.....

History also shows that the time those players where in the sides.. they won NOTHING.. hardly a great endorsement.... only ONE former League player, Jason Robinson has won anything as a Rugby international... and he never played in the NRL.
More twisted nonsensical logic. 2nd in 7's is great, unless you are Australia, which means you are sh*t. Second in 15's, and even FOURTH, is hardly crap, yet second - if close enough to be level until the last minute - is crap.

And you are supposed to be mounting a credible argument on behalf of Rugby Union! You couldn't mount a kerb in a runaway Kenworth!

Aside from the fact that not all the best 7's players make great 15 aside players and not all great 15 aside players make good 7's players... 7's players have there own skill sets... there have been some players who started international Rugby playing 7's that moved on to be a success in the 15 aside game... but i wouldnt expect you to know who Cullen or Lonu are... you arent very smart
I thought the sevens players all ELECTED not to play 15's. Now "not all the best 7's players make great 15 aside players' I guess it's easy to elect NOT to join a team when you have no chance of geting selected, yet Souffs reggies get the red carpet rolled out and begged to join, while you are asked to hold the car door open for them.

I elected not to play Wimbledon this year, and also decided against the US PGA, The Tour de France, and the Highland Fling. I also made myself unavailable for Origin this year. Geez I'm talented.

And of course I know who Cullen was - trouble is, are you rogering yourself over Bruno (There is no evidence that Heather tacked a barman) Cullen or the legendary Max (I once saw him do an impression of the pope - "mumble mumble mumble STOP THAT OR YOU WILL GO BLIND mumble mumble" Classic).

Dunno who Lonu is or was, unless you refer to the famous Himmoze Lonu, a classic Jewish song performed by the Choir of Michael Turetsky from the Moscow Synagogue (Who, incidently once famously mentioned to Dame Joan Sutherland: "This Wendelski, he sh*ts on other Unionski wingers, but is crapski compared to Fitzhenry! Da!" to which she famously replied "F*ckin oath mate!")

Because most dont even earn that much... and again you use a SINGLE Australian players salary and consider that the norm... Super 15 salaries start a lot less than that.
I believe I used the words UP TO - not AVERAGE

How stupid are you?? really???
Certainly not in your ballpark, maestro. I'm merely a one note stummer to you Joe Satriani. I'm Darren Lockyer to your Pavarotti. I'm a Datsun 200B to your Ferrari. I'm, well, Dan Carter to your Jarryd Hayne. And to prove it, I strutted through a flock of merino ewes the other day - and they all ran away. None of them presented.
As has been already said.. they have a differnt skill set to there 15 aside counterparts.. they are better at that skillset than those counterparts
yes they elect to play those tournaments
There are 8 to 10 7's tournaments a year plus the chance to be in the comm games and now the Olympics.
The base Salary is between 80-100K
You can't have a range for a base salary you fruitcake! If 80k is the lowest, than it's the base! Talk about made up!

8 tournamnets - 16 weeks max if they win. Half the NRL - same as the part time Stupid 12.

And a chance to compete in the commonwealth games? You mean a chance to being called crap if you only come second (except for France, who are f*cking awesome if they come second, right f*cknuckle)????

No it doesnt... coming second in ONE tournament doesnt prove you are a good team.. and thats second..
But France were phenomenal when they came second in ONE tournament?
they have NEVER come first in the games... EVER.
They won Olympic Gold in 1908. Then most of then joined the NSWRL, and watched Souffs beat them and win premierships.

NO dipsh*t... changing the goalposts again, now that you know you know sh*t about anything... You previously stated that a team made up of NRL players would win the comm games gold... they wouldnt.
Compared to some of the things you posted, if I claimed Group 9 could win Commonwealth Gold it would be completely sane and credible. In fact, making Julian O'Neil the ambassador for clean footwear would be sane compared to your demented drivel.

And to prove I can control a bowel movement... post again.
What, is your sphincter going to remain closed until my next post? Or have you superglued your butt cheeks together to try and stop the leaks?

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
I doubt it. Players from the big pro sports are notorious for downplaying the Olympics. I still remember Harry Kewell wimping out of Sydney 2000 because he had a runny nose. If a side was going to be chosen from players from the national 15's squads it might be a chance. And there would be a chance that the public would give a sh*t too. There is nothing like a household name to generate interest. If the CG Yawnion 7's had some names from the test sides it would be different than the joke of a yawnfest it became. When such a known sport around the Commonwealth such as Yawnion becomes a nuffy sport struggling for recognition over handball, badminton and balancing on your left toe with a beachball and a f*cking chopstick, you know you have problems!

Parra

Referee
I doubt it. Players from the big pro sports are notorious for downplaying the Olympics. I still remember Harry Kewell wimping out of Sydney 2000 because he had a runny nose. If a side was going to be chosen from players from the national 15's squads it might be a chance. And there would be a chance that the public would give a sh*t too. There is nothing like a household name to generate interest. If the CG Yawnion 7's had some names from the test sides it would be different than the joke of a yawnfest it became. When such a known sport around the Commonwealth such as Yawnion becomes a nuffy sport struggling for recognition over handball, badminton and balancing on your left toe with a beachball and a f*cking chopstick, you know you have problems!

I am impressed that you watched the 7s in the CG's in India.

You watch more rugby union than most people.

Loudstrat

Coach
Yep. Saw at least a minutes worth of Australia's "finest" struggle against a team of malnourished pygmies, and came away laughing and also somewhat depressed that suddenly it was possible for Barry O'Farrell to become an elite athlete..........

Te Kaha

First Grade
Pity you cannot control your own. Your mum is the only woman in the shaky isles who needs a pooper scooper when she walks you to the school bus.
Who needs to control their own when they can control you... you are a bigger bowel movement then i could ever have.

How the f*ck would you know what Wendell Sailor's mate said? There are at least three that rate him the best Union winger of his time: Wendell's mate, Wendell himself, and me: 3. There ya go. He has been rated. Thrice.
Because you made it up...

More twisted nonsensical logic. 2nd in 7's is great, unless you are Australia, which means you are sh*t. Second in 15's, and even FOURTH, is hardly crap, yet second - if close enough to be level until the last minute - is crap.
Coming third or fourth in a tournament that involves ALL the best teams is a tad harder then coming second in a tournament missing some of the best teams even a simpleton like you should be able to figure that out.... now lets look at AUS Tournament wins on the 7's circit
99-00 ZERO wins
00-01 Four wins... there best year ever
01-02 Zero wins
02-03 Zero Wins
03-04 Zero Wins
04-05 Zero Wins
05-06 Zero Wins
06-07 Zero Wins
07-08 Zero Wins
08-09 Zero Wins
09-10 One Win
Thats 5 tournaments out of 164 in that time... or about 3%... THAT is a crap 7's team.
I thought the sevens players all ELECTED not to play 15's. Now "not all the best 7's players make great 15 aside players' I guess it's easy to elect NOT to join a team when you have no chance of geting selected, yet Souffs reggies get the red carpet rolled out and begged to join, while you are asked to hold the car door open for them.
I have never said ALL .. again you make sh*t up.. I said the best 7's players elect to play 7's and they do... and as i have already said several times some of the players who start out in 7's have gone on to higher honors.

believe I used the words UP TO - not AVERAGE
And how many players even get close to that??? less than a handfull of tthe hundreds of thousands of players in the world.

You can't have a range for a base salary you fruitcake! If 80k is the lowest, than it's the base! Talk about made up!
You can you muppet if you have diffent countries you moron... each country has its own base salary... geeezzzzz you are dense.

8 tournamnets - 16 weeks max if they win. Half the NRL - same as the part time Stupid 12.
Which is why the are comparably paid you idiot.

And a chance to compete in the commonwealth games? You mean a chance to being called crap if you only come second (except for France, who are f*cking awesome if they come second, right f*cknuckle)????
And you leave out the rest... coming second in one tournament doesnt make you a good team... winning tournaments makes a good team... Aus has one 5 out of 164.. NOT a good team.

Just out of interest, which Union players elect to play 7s instead of playing Super 14 and/or test matches for the Wallabies, All Blacks or Springboks?
Cant speak for the the ARU or SARU but in NZ
DJ Forbes, Tomasi Cama, Zar Lawarence, Lote Raikabula, Soloman King all selected 7's. They have been they base of the NZ team for years... they elect to do so because they are better 7's players then they are at 15 aside Rugby... And they are not making the choice between 7's and All Blacks... they are choosing between 7's and Super 12/14/15.

Last edited:

Green Machine

First Grade
a good team... Aus has one 5 out of 164.. NOT a good team.
DJ Forbes, Tomasi Cama, Zar Lawarence, Lote Raikabula, Soloman King all selected 7's. They have been they base of the NZ team for years... they elect to do so because they are better 7's players then they are at 15 aside Rugby... And they are not making the choice between 7's and All Blacks... they are choosing between 7's and Super 12/14/15.
So they would not be good enough to player Super 14 or be selected for the All Blacks?

Te Kaha

First Grade
So they would not be good enough to player Super 14 or be selected for the All Blacks?

no evidence to suggest that...They havent played enough 15 aside to be considered for the All Blacks since the All Blacks are a 15 aside team i thought that would be self evident. ... As for Super 14 they have elected not to be selected...

Parra

Referee
Yep. Saw at least a minutes worth of Australia's "finest" struggle against a team of malnourished pygmies,

So you have no first hand experience. All your vitriol and bias is based on third party information.

You need to form your own opinions.

Green Machine

First Grade
no evidence to suggest that...They havent played enough 15 aside to be considered for the All Blacks since the All Blacks are a 15 aside team i thought that would be self evident. ... As for Super 14 they have elected not to be selected...
It would be more like they wouldn’t be good enough to make Super 14. What is the basic contract for a New Zealand 7’s player?

Loudstrat

Coach
Who needs to control their own when they can control you... you are a bigger bowel movement then i could ever have.
Must be hard to sh*t when you have your head up your arse I guess

Because you made it up...
Aren't all opinions "made up"?

Coming third or fourth in a tournament that involves ALL the best teams is a tad harder then coming second in a tournament missing some of the best teams even a simpleton like you should be able to figure that out.... now lets look at AUS Tournament wins on the 7's circit
99-00 ZERO wins
00-01 Four wins... there best year ever
01-02 Zero wins
02-03 Zero Wins
03-04 Zero Wins
04-05 Zero Wins
05-06 Zero Wins
06-07 Zero Wins
07-08 Zero Wins
08-09 Zero Wins
09-10 One Win
Thats 5 tournaments out of 164 in that time... or about 3%... THAT is a crap 7's team.
Which proved my point. The silver medal winners ere crap, and NRL 7's would smash everyone in a comp here such a sh*t side wins silver. You get it yet gimp?

I have never said ALL .. again you make sh*t up.. I said the best 7's players elect to play 7's and they do
There's a difference???
... and as i have already said several times some of the players who start out in 7's have gone on to higher honors.
ffs ballboy for the Orara Valley Axemen is a high honour!

And how many players even get close to that??? less than a handfull of tthe hundreds of thousands of players in the world.
Now there's hundreds of thousands of players in Stupid 14................:lol:

You can you muppet if you have diffent countries you moron... each country has its own base salary... geeezzzzz you are dense.

Which is why the are comparably paid you idiot.
Contradict yoursel. It's easier to fell like a winner if your argument is utterly ridiculous! So they are completely different by so much they cannot be compared, but are comparable?

And you leave out the rest... coming second in one tournament doesnt make you a good team... winning tournaments makes a good team... Aus has one 5 out of 164.. NOT a good team.
The NRL plasyer we spek of come first in such tournaments as NRL gf,origins, tri and quad nations. Again, you confirm that Union 7's would be like lambs to the slaughter (sorry about the pun) against the NRL's average Joe.

Choosing? OR CANOT GET A GIG? The latter more likely.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Must be hard to sh*t when you have your head up your arse I guess
Well you would know.. you have had your head up your arse for years.

Aren't all opinions "made up"?
Indeed... but falsly claiming someone holds an opinion is lying.. something you do well.

Which proved my point. The silver medal winners ere crap, and NRL 7's would smash everyone in a comp here such a sh*t side wins silver. You get it yet gimp?
bullsh*t arsewipe... You claim they could "smash everyone" based on a team that didnt win, and hasnt won anything... you are a moron of the highest order...

There's a difference???ffs ballboy for the Orara Valley Axemen is a high honour!
To you maybe... but then you are a f**kwit.

Now there's hundreds of thousands of players in Stupid 14................:lol:
And now you are illiterate as well.... I clearly stated, if you could read properly that there are hundreds of thousands of rugby players in the WORLD i made no refference to the Super 14 moron.

Contradict yoursel. It's easier to fell like a winner if your argument is utterly ridiculous! So they are completely different by so much they cannot be compared, but are comparable?
f**k you are so stupid its amazing how you can even function... you asked what the base salary was.. i told you... you whined and whinged saying there couldnt be a "range", I told you how... now you whinge about that... ohhh boo whoo to you.

The NRL plasyer we spek of come first in such tournaments as NRL gf,origins, tri and quad nations. Again, you confirm that Union 7's would be like lambs to the slaughter (sorry about the pun) against the NRL's average Joe.
No tournaments of which are Rugby 7's.. and yet where history shows that NRL converts are no better than their Rugby counterparts, you still claim that NRL players would "slaughter" professional 7's players in a game they have never played... you lack even simple rational thinking skills....

Choosing? OR CANOT GET A GIG? The latter more likely.
As usual you talk bullsh*t... unles you can prove that claim, which you cant, you are once again talking out of your arse.

Loudstrat

Coach
Looks like little Te has his undies all twisted at the thought of NRL players being better than players at the bottom of the Yawnion food chain. Face it ewe rooter. The basis of your argument is that you hate Australians and hate the NRL. Whch baffles me that you are a moderator on an Australian NRL site.

Yet, the Wallaby 7's are crap because they only came second, yet France is wonderful because sometimes they come second! Yet the NRL's best wouldn't even DEFEAT (let alone flog) the same crap Wabblies '7s because NRL players are even crappier.

And the science behind that reasoning? The 7's players don't play 15's!

Wow. Astonishing! Einstein had nothing on you! There you are driving a volvo around a sheep paddock on saturday night looking for a quick shag and you came up with that genius. Where did you go to school? Dumb F*ck high????

It certainly bloody wasn't Keebra Park High, you know, where league players smash everyone in UNION comps.

I loved how the 7's players on a base wage of 80-100k refuse to play 15's where they earn stacks more, and have fame (you know, can get a root quicker, with a human like us Aussies prefer), and get a decent crust.

You stupid git. A 7's from evey NRL side would wipe the floor with that amateur crud in to commonwealth games and you know it!

hellteam

First Grade
The 7's players do play 15's. They play club rugby at parks around Brisbane and Sydney. Real elite...

Te Kaha

First Grade
Looks like little Te has his undies all twisted at the thought of NRL players being better than players at the bottom of the Yawnion food chain. Face it ewe rooter. The basis of your argument is that you hate Australians and hate the NRL. Whch baffles me that you are a moderator on an Australian NRL site.
I dont hate australians and i dont hate the NRL.. and it certianly isnt the basis of my argument... if you could read you would know that... but your lack of decent literacy skills is holding you back.

Yet, the Wallaby 7's are crap because they only came second, yet France is wonderful because sometimes they come second! Yet the NRL's best wouldn't even DEFEAT (let alone flog) the same crap Wabblies '7s because NRL players are even crappier.
how many times do i have to repeat it genius, the Aussie 7's team is crap because they havent EVER won anything... and i never said an NRL team couldnt beat the Aussie 7's team, i said they wouldnt flog the professional 7's teams... the ones who actually won something... get it... moron!

And the science behind that reasoning? The 7's players don't play 15's!
And NRL players dont play Rugby 7's dumbarse... its not that hard to understand... even for a simpleton like you...

It certainly bloody wasn't Keebra Park High, you know, where league players smash everyone in UNION comps.
f**k... you are so dumb you dont even know what you are talking about... you did know that those Keebra park students, almost to the player, played Rugby as well as League... once again you dont have a clue about anything...

I loved how the 7's players on a base wage of 80-100k refuse to play 15's where they earn stacks more, and have fame (you know, can get a root quicker, with a human like us Aussies prefer), and get a decent crust.
Refuse??? you still cant read... i have said, and will again, for your little brain... they choose to play 7's because they are better at it than they are 15 aside... and they earn just as much as most of the Super 15 players dumbarse.... oh.. and you couldnt get yourself a "root" if you were locked in a brothel with a house load of nymphomaniacs.

You stupid git. A 7's from evey NRL side would wipe the floor with that amateur crud in to commonwealth games and you know it!
And they still wouldnt win the gold dumbf**k.. they still have to beat the professional teams.

Latest posts