What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leagueunlimted player of the year

The person that gave the Eels and Roosters points on Saturday night must have had a rule that said "Nathan Hindmarsh not eligible" He killed the Roosters forward pack. Michael Witt was also outstanding. Matt Petersen was better than Hindmarsh don't think so.

The Colonel

Immortal
Southern Rooster said:
The person that gave the Eels and Roosters points on Saturday night must have had a rule that said "Nathan Hindmarsh not eligible" He killed the Roosters forward pack. Michael Witt was also outstanding. Matt Petersen was better than Hindmarsh don't think so.

:clap:

salivor

First Grade
Mate, I did the update for that match and gave the points, there was no live TV coverage and no live radio feed so it's a bit hard to give acurate points when you haven't even been able to see the match with your own eyes.

Razor

Coach
Instead of guessing the best players why don't you wait until it's shown before rewarding points?

weasel

First Grade
I think people should be happy he's using his own time to provide a free service to us. Although I suppose with Hindy you could probably give him a random spot in the 1-2-3 points scoring every match parra wins or even comes close to winning and you wouldn't have gone too wrong, he does that much for them.

Johns Magic

Referee
3. Burt
2. Vella
1. Hindmarsh

After watching the match, I think that that would have been more accurate.

Petersen and Witt were very unlucky to miss out.

Davester

Juniors
Michael Witt played well that night, funny drop-kick he did against Penrith...never seen that before!

salivor

First Grade
Well the process we go through is awarding the player points at fulltime and then writing a match report which includes the full transcript of the live update and the player points. The points can be changed afterwards and it's probably the best way to go to have an acurate player of the year come seasons end.

Still, I watched the game that night and I gotta say Burt and Vella definetly deserved to be in the points but yes I agree that Hindmarsh was better than Peterson.

Johns Magic

Referee
Davester said:
Michael Witt played well that night, funny drop-kick he did against Penrith...never seen that before!

He nearly stuffed up again on Saturday.

The ball looked certain to go out on the full from his goal-line drop-out, when Stuart Webb left it, and it landed in by centimetres.

Eels Dude

Coach
Johns Magic said:
Davester said:

The ball looked certain to go out on the full from his goal-line drop-out, when Stuart Webb left it, and it landed in by centimetres.

Well it didn't go out on the full did it? Instead of Witt 'nearly' stuffing up, Webb did stuff up by not catching it.

Player of the year points should not be decided by someone who isn't watching the game. Either watch the game later and award points then, or designate somebody who is at the game or watching it live to decide them instead.

Johns Magic

Referee
Eels Dude said:
Johns Magic said:
Davester said:

Well it didn't go out on the full did it? Instead of Witt 'nearly' stuffing up, Webb did stuff up by not catching it.

Hence I used the word "nearly". He nearly stuffed up.

fatshark

Bench
I did the update for that match and gave the points, there was no live TV coverage and no live radio feed so it's a bit hard to give acurate points when you haven't even been able to see the match with your own eyes.
:lol: :lol:
You are joking , right?
What a farce.

salivor

First Grade
fatshark said:
I did the update for that match and gave the points, there was no live TV coverage and no live radio feed so it's a bit hard to give acurate points when you haven't even been able to see the match with your own eyes.
You are joking , right?
What a farce.

Short of having somebody with a laptop at the game how else do you suggest we update matches with no live TV or Radio to either side of the Tasman? It's a free service we provide so feel free not to use it.

Gooba

Juniors
id do the points i watch the match as i watch 90% of the matches through out the year.... giving points without acctually watching the match is silly

Johns Magic

Referee
I just want to say thanks to Salivor.

He is doing a good job, and giving up his time for others-don't criticise him for helping others.

Eels Dude

Coach
salivor said:
fatshark said:
You are joking , right?
What a farce.

Short of having somebody with a laptop at the game how else do you suggest we update matches with no live TV or Radio to either side of the Tasman? It's a free service we provide so feel free not to use it.

Easy. Get one person to do the live updates, and get somebody else to watch the game and decide the points, which can either be processed later or submitted immediately via sms. Sorry he's right, it's a bit of a farce.

Anonymous

Juniors
LOL. You guys take yourselves too seriously. In 90% of the cases, the updaters are spot on.
FYI, the guy who compiles the tally each week, our very own Monday's Expert, agrees with salivor totally. In fact, he just told me that Hindmarsh sucks. :lol: