What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Learoyd-Lahrs out for six weeks

Again I question the strengh and conditioning structure in Canberra as I did at the same time last year. I know some injuries can't be helped and are just bad luck, but it happens far too often to the Green machine. Usually after a diabloical year with injuries (as we had last year) you would expect a fairly good run the next with a heavy emphasis on this area from the club,

So far this year we have Miller and Thurling out for the season, Leyroid lahs possibly out for a year, Weyman didnt begin playing first grade until midway through this year after being out all 2004 and 2005, Woolford has missed about 5 weeks through injury this year, Zillman has missed 4 weeks etc etc. IMO its not good enough. I know many can't be helped, but I think the club underestimates the role that good strenght and conditioning plays in preventing injuries.

Ill be happy to see Jenno piss off to Penrith

Panjabi

Juniors
Macko8 said:
Why couldnt it of happened to Hodgson or Croker.........a player we dont need to make the finals!!!.

You call yourself a fan? Wishing an injury on any player is pretty low, but Jason Croker? On a day like today, it borders on sacrilege.

Your obviously too young to know anything about our history and how important Toots has been to our club.

Paullyboy

Coach
Bugger it. Thats not the news I wanted to hear.

The only good thing that could come of it is he might get that leg back to full strength for next year so he can become the force he was pre-origin.

woodgers

Bench
Knee injuries such as Miller, TLL and Thurling are pretty much unpreventable though.

Those Rib Cartilige ones though were a worry.

Edwahu

Bench
waltzing Meninga said:
Again I question the strengh and conditioning structure in Canberra as I did at the same time last year. I know some injuries can't be helped and are just bad luck, but it happens far too often to the Green machine. Usually after a diabloical year with injuries (as we had last year) you would expect a fairly good run the next with a heavy emphasis on this area from the club,

So far this year we have Miller and Thurling out for the season, Leyroid lahs possibly out for a year, Weyman didnt begin playing first grade until midway through this year after being out all 2004 and 2005, Woolford has missed about 5 weeks through injury this year, Zillman has missed 4 weeks etc etc. IMO its not good enough. I know many can't be helped, but I think the club underestimates the role that good strenght and conditioning plays in preventing injuries.

I think thats a bit harsh. We have had a pretty good run with injuries this year and most of the guys you mention have had injury plagued careers.

Macko8

Juniors
I Bleed Green said:
Yeah great idea Macko, wish an injury on our most capped player so he doesn't get to play out the year before he goes overseas.

Excellent idea.

Tool.

before you two start whinging and bitching about this, I had no idea croker was going overseas, yes i take back what i said now!!
When i logged onto the page i saw the learoyd-lahrs icon and clicked on it and had my say.
Than i went back to the main page and found that article about jase going overseas.
But yeah i take back what i said now about Croker, i wish him all the best in his last weeks at the raiders. His been a revelation here at the club and probably our most consistent player over the past what 12-15 years, and indeed my fave player along side lozza and furner in the 90s.

But geee im deeply hurt by this and sorry if i offended anyone!!

Macko8

Juniors
Panjabi said:
You call yourself a fan? Wishing an injury on any player is pretty low, but Jason Croker? On a day like today, it borders on sacrilege.

Your obviously too young to know anything about our history and how important Toots has been to our club.

Get over yourself you f**king fruitcake.
Ive said i was sorry and f**king thats the end of it......read up you cat.
Ive been supporting the raiders for 14 years and i know a bit about the clubs history.
Soooo yeah im not going to apologise to everyone who reads the article i wrote.....it was a mistake for crying out loud....now get over it!!!

skeepe

Immortal
Macko8 said:
Ive been supporting the raiders for 14 years and i know a bit about the clubs history.
Soooo yeah im not going to apologise to everyone who reads the article i wrote.....it was a mistake for crying out loud....now get over it!!!

Why change your tune just because he's leaving? Are you saying that if he was staying next year you would wish the injury on him?

Edwahu said:
I think thats a bit harsh. We have had a pretty good run with injuries this year and most of the guys you mention have had injury plagued careers.

the club has to turn that around IMO. We have had a pretty good run with injuries this year compared to last, but when you compare it to say that of the Melbourne storm, bulldogs etc we're still pretty piss poor

woodgers

Bench
Macko8 said:

He wrote that 27 minutes before you said you were sorry!

Chachi

Bench
Really sh!t news, but I think we'll be right. As long as he gets it right for next year I'm happy, although it's a real worry to have so many injuries so early in your career.

All the best Tom.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Macko8 said:

I dont like you,

Not because of what you said about Toots but because your comebacks are pathetic and on a forum using words such as "cat" and "fruit cake" make you look less educated then a 2 year old.

Having said that im sure you dont care but i figured at the very least i could perhaps bring out the very best in your comebacks (as mentioned above 'cat') for one last hurrah.

nickraider

Juniors
Not good news at all. I don't think Kahler will have the same impact as LL at all!! Hope he makes a speedy recovery - we need him!!!

lotm

Juniors
waltzing Meninga said:

err ... as woodgers said, it's pretty hard to prevent the injuries to miller, thurling and lahrs. weyman's a (naturally) walking injury crisis and zillman was out with a broken hand which was initially meant to keep him out for 8 weeks, not 4.

i think you have absolutely nfi about what the strength and conditioning staff do, what they should be doing and what they are able to do to prevent injuries.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
waltzing Meninga said:

This is just dumb. We have fewer injuries than many, if not most, other clubs. Do you ahve a single clue what you're talking about?

legend

Coach
Is Miller due back for the finals and is the prognosis on Tom LL definite at this stage?

Latest posts