What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Least Favourite TV Commentator (New Poll)

Least favourite TV Commentator

• Warne

Votes: 40 51.3%
  • Slater

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Healy

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Nicholas

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Lawry

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Ian Chappell

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • KP

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Tubby Taylor

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Border

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Clarke

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters

TheParraboy

Staff member
says who ?

did he get the flick ?

Looks like he gives himself a wrap commentating on the first test, dead set delusional

http://indianexpress.com/article/sp...-to-skip-india-australia-test-series-4546826/

Former Australian leg-spinner and current commentator, Shane Warne took to social media to announce that he will no longer be a part of the commentary team in the ongoing four match Test series between India and Australia.

Why the 47-year old leggie is departing suddenly to Los Angeles is a matter of conjecture and whether it is due to personal or professional reasons, only time will tell. However, he did acknowledged BCCI and Star Sports for hosting him as a commentator in the current Test series.

“Thank you so much for having me BCCI & Star Sports. Always love coming to India & being involved with cricket as I love the passion of the fans here. I hope to be involved more down the track with either an IPL franchise, more commentary with Star or both. I also hoped you enjoyed the commentary on the 1st test too.This will be a great series. Disappointed not be part of it, but will be watching from LA, NZ & Melbourne over the next few weeks. Good luck to both teams & may the best team win !!! See you tomorrow Los Angeles !”

Mr Bean

Juniors
Warne. Where should one start?

Slats is juvenile & should grow up.

Old grouch Chappelli gets on my nerves. Once he has bee in his biased bonnet you hear about all summer long.Which usually extends to the following summer. His & Warne's venom towards tugga is disgraceful.

Clarke says some interesting things but long term I can't listen to him. His voice is too boyish.

Agree on Healy same old wicket-keeping bullshit each test.

Taylor needs to take a breath and the marbles out of his mouth to put up with him.

undertaker

Coach
Clarke, Lee and Huss over the years provided some sanity in the shit mix. The trouble is when the others pull them to their level.
I was very disappointed at back in October last year when it was announced that Lee and Hussey had parted ways with Ch9. Whether they left Ch9 on their own terms or whether Ch9 boned them, I don't know. But, they were two of the best commentators on the Ch9 roster.

Lee has been good so far in this current India vs Australia test. Much better than Warne and his campaign against Steve O'Keefe.

So what happened? Did Warney legtimiately have some business to do in L.A, or was he boned from India and he's using the L.A. trip as an excuse to cover it up? Either way, Lee and Haydos coming into replace him has been a Godsend so far in this test.

Bazal

Post Whore
Lee has a similar problem to Clarke IMO....he's quite a good commentator, he's pretty astute and he talks cricket, but I just don't reckon the way he speaks is necessarily suited to it. He sounds off. Huss and McGrath had the same issue when they were on Nine, they just didn't seem like they were speaking naturally and it can get jarring after a while

That said all four are much better than what's on Nine even with that issue