What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Least Favourite TV Commentator (New Poll)

Least favourite TV Commentator

• Warne

Votes: 40 51.3%
  • Slater

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Healy

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Nicholas

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Lawry

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Ian Chappell

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • KP

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Tubby Taylor

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Border

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Clarke

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters

TheParraboy

Staff member
You know what i reckon it showed more about slater and his issues back then that he was the only test cricketer that i remember that didn't get on with Gilly.

Gilly was the glue i haven't come across another ex cricketer who has criticized Gilly as a bloke like slater did.

Warne and Gilly had a minor issues as warne wanted Darren Berry as keeper but i think thats been sorted now as they get on pretty well on the fox coverage together

Never liked Slater as a commentator. Over the top, over descriptive, and a lot of useless drivel

The Footy show spiraled down hill real quick when some fruitcake decided to give Slater a co-hosting role for a couple of years.

Just started watching Cricket again after many years. Brendon Julian is the worst, by plenty. His voice grates and his constant referral to AFL is annoying. I've started listening to SEN and hitting the mute button on the TV when he's on.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Checking the results its no surprise Warne is up there. After watching Fox during the Ashes it seemed like you couldnt go 5 minutes without hearing Warne. Most of the time he was so negative and couldnt stop talking about something that happened 30 minutes ago. Cmon Warne get over it. Starting to sound like Chappelli.

Unfortunately if I wanted to mute and switch to ABC, Chappelli was on there.

And people out there actually want cricket back on Ch 9? Please. The days of Bill, Tony, Richie are long gone.

Fox commentators, aside from Warne, do it for me.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, Fox would be screwed without Huss and Gilly and Jnr to a lesser extent

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Warne is poison and everything he touches, when he’s not on everyone is good at theirs jobs to a certain extent. Even Howie “ Listen to my Podcast please” vicderp.

He did the same at nine.

69-05-41

Juniors
Can't believe Warne is still being paid to talk about himself and his many agendas. Today one of those agendas won the Allan Border Medal and delivered a big up-yours to Warne. Next Warne will be boasting how he was entirely responsible for Starc's transformation. Still the King of Spin & BS.

Helluva career

Ian Chappell ends 45-year commentary career
It’s the end of an era. I grew up with Richie, Tony, Bill and Ian plus Max Walker and others. The Twelfth Man probably gave them all some more kudos too. The last decade he’s been in grandpa mode but I’d take him over the current former players.

I’ve really enjoyed the banter in here about him in commentary too. Summer just won’t be summer without John Snow, onion belts, horse blankets and way back then flights of fancy.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
For all his outdated opinions, obsession with English fast bowlers of the 1970s, agendas against Bradman and others I'd still have Chappelli over some of the giblets 7 are going to roll out this summer like Brayshaw, Fleming and Mathew f**king Hayden.

mozza91

Coach
For all his outdated opinions, obsession with English fast bowlers of the 1970s, agendas against Bradman and others I'd still have Chappelli over some of the giblets 7 are going to roll out this summer like Brayshaw, Fleming and Mathew f**king Hayden.
Low bar though. Listening to Gilbert Gotfried screech for 10 straight hours is preferable to listening to the 3 wankstains above.

Latest posts