What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lee Hookey retires

thommo4pm

Coach
Hookey back to Bunnies
February 4, 2005

Lee Hookey will return to South Sydney after an NRL retirement of just two months.

Hookey, 25, quit the game in December, citing a lack of motivation, but he said today he has decided to return following a conversation with new coach Shaun McRae and chief executive Shane Richardson.

"I took some time off to work out what I wanted to do and I know now that I want to be playing football again," Hookey said.

"I'm back in training now and I'm enjoying being part of the team again, for me and my family."

Richardson said the Souths junior wanted to play the game again.

"Lee sat down with Shaun McRae and myself and we talked about his football career and what he wants to achieve," he said.

"Lee realises that rugby league is his best avenue to provide for his family's future and he wants to give the game another go with the Rabbitohs.

Latest posts