What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leeson

TruSaint

Referee
Have watched the game twice.

Thought he warranted his own thread.

Many will differ, but I thought he stood tall last nite.
Bent the line time and again, was solid in D. Seems to have picked up on his speed as well.

Not an 80 minute player, but will be in our starting 17. Has a unique running style, very low to the ground, but the legs keep pumping.

Understand it was a trial against a depleted Bunnies outfit, but you can only play whats in front of you and he more than held his own.

My buddy, jenninga will give it to me I know, and thats cool. ( c'mon jen ... I enjoy our banter).

Just calling it the way I saw it.

On a side note, it was nice to see Big Georgy on the paddock.

gorilla

First Grade
Have watched the game twice.

Thought he warranted his own thread.

Many will differ, but I thought he stood tall last nite.
Bent the line time and again, was solid in D. Seems to have picked up on his speed as well.

Not an 80 minute player, but will be in our starting 17. Has a unique running style, very low to the ground, but the legs keep pumping.

Understand it was a trial against a depleted Bunnies outfit, but you can only play whats in front of you and he more than held his own.

My buddy, jenninga will give it to me I know, and thats cool. ( c'mon jen ... I enjoy our banter).

Just calling it the way I saw it.

On a side note, it was nice to see Big Georgy on the paddock.

Leeson will be in the 17 but needs to work out how to be more effective.

He's going OK, but could be better.

If he can lift, good. If not, well we need to look around and chuck him over.

NB: effort is part of the way to outcomes and results.

TruSaint

Referee
Leeson will be in the 17 but needs to work out how to be more effective.

He's going OK, but could be better.

If he can lift, good. If not, well we need to look around and chuck him over.

NB: effort is part of the way to outcomes and results.

Fair point G... Just based my assessment on last nights game, so as you say time will tell.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
septic-guarantee.jpg

BrissyRedV

Bench
Mary finally selected him for where he should be playing, prop. Have no hassles with Ah Mau picking up a bench spot. Needs to develop an offload, but he ran hard and bent the line.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Point is, we already know what leeson offers, he has been consistently picked in FG since 2013. He is absaloutely rubbish on th edges. In the middle he is ok, but I doubt that other clubs will be linning up to sign him. Why not try someone else like O'Brien? He went ok last night.

gorilla

First Grade
Point is, we already know what leeson offers, he has been consistently picked in FG since 2013. He is absaloutely rubbish on th edges. In the middle he is ok, but I doubt that other clubs will be linning up to sign him. Why not try someone else like O'Brien? He went ok last night.

Available for 'lower duties' in the Cutters in case of injury ?

BrissyRedV

Bench

Why not use both? Ah Mau was good last night as he was finally used in his correct position. I would not be unhappy to see a bench of O'Brien, Ah Mau, Rose/Nutira. Certainly a lot bigger then what we ran with last year.

rasaint

Juniors
Lesson has always bent the line and makes good metres. He will go well this year. Good courage Trusaint.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Fair point G... Just based my assessment on last nights game, so as you say time will tell.

Well Tru I have made an early decision with the coming season and that's to start enjoying my footy again win or lose...look I know we have not recruited the way we may have liked and we still are way under strength in our forward pack when compared with teams like Souths and The Roosters etc, but the cold hard facts are that's the way we are placed at present and nothings going to change for a while.....so as long as the boys give 100% week in week out then that's all we can really ask for....believe me as I said last year when you are lying in a hospital bed after recovering from a major scare is it really worth beating yourself up week after week....not this boy anymore... so c'mon Dragons give your best..thats all we ask for

Highland Saint

Juniors
Well Tru I have made an early decision with the coming season and that's to start enjoying my footy again win or lose...look I know we have not recruited the way we may have liked and we still are way under strength in our forward pack when compared with teams like Souths and The Roosters etc, but the cold hard facts are that's the way we are placed at present and nothings going to change for a while.....so as long as the boys give 100% week in week out then that's all we can really ask for....believe me as I said last year when you are lying in a hospital bed after recovering from a major scare is it really worth beating yourself up week after week....not this boy anymore... so c'mon Dragons give your best..thats all we ask for

Well said champ :clap:

GT0007

Juniors

Good call mate look after yourself

Dragon66

Juniors
My view was he worked very hard while he was on the field. The issue from my point of view is that though he made plenty of strong charges he rarely worried the defence of a pack of forwards missing most of it's starting NRL stars.
It was just like last year. One out running. Plenty of effort but a lack of impact, no offloads and no second phase play.

maybe off the bench but he will not be a game changer.

Latest posts