What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leeson

TruSaint

Referee
Well Tru I have made an early decision with the coming season and that's to start enjoying my footy again win or lose...look I know we have not recruited the way we may have liked and we still are way under strength in our forward pack when compared with teams like Souths and The Roosters etc, but the cold hard facts are that's the way we are placed at present and nothings going to change for a while.....so as long as the boys give 100% week in week out then that's all we can really ask for....believe me as I said last year when you are lying in a hospital bed after recovering from a major scare is it really worth beating yourself up week after week....not this boy anymore... so c'mon Dragons give your best..thats all we ask for

Fantastic post buddy.

Minh

First Grade
Leeson runs the ball well, there is a slight concern with him in defense from games I saw him play in.

bottle

Coach
It's early days. Consistency is his challenge. Once he masters that, improvement. I would love to see him try and develop a popped offload when he pokes his nose through from time to time, but a well considered and measured attempt, not a haphazard flop back.

bottle

Coach
Leeson runs the ball well, there is a slight concern with him in defense from games I saw him play in.

Has real issues with edge defensive reads, which is why he's better suited to the middle. Doesn't have to think too much.:sarcasm:

Highland Saint

Juniors
My view was he worked very hard while he was on the field. The issue from my point of view is that though he made plenty of strong charges he rarely worried the defence of a pack of forwards missing most of it's starting NRL stars.
It was just like last year. One out running. Plenty of effort but a lack of impact, no offloads and no second phase play.

maybe off the bench but he will not be a game changer.

This concerned me across the field. Not sure if our new gambles lack the skills or have been told to play some simple no frills footy. Either way a bit of second phase and support play could have added to that performance.

Highland Saint

Juniors
It's early days. Consistency is his challenge. Once he masters that, improvement. I would love to see him try and develop a popped offload when he pokes his nose through from time to time, but a well considered and measured attempt, not a haphazard flop back.

This^

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I have been his biggest critic and agree with some other posts. He will be solid as a prop (Well done Mary for selecting him there) and will provide good competition for other props. Just keep him away from the backrow. Please.

saint06

Juniors
I am a critic too. I don't think he offers much.

He is ordinary in defence - the worst goal line defence in the team.

In attack - no offload, is ok at running at little guys, but very very rarely (if ever) overpowers the bigger guys. Not good enough for the back row, too small for the front row.

Prefer others.

dragonrickjs

Juniors
I am a critic too. I don't think he offers much.

He is ordinary in defence - the worst goal line defence in the team.

In attack - no offload, is ok at running at little guys, but very very rarely (if ever) overpowers the bigger guys. Not good enough for the back row, too small for the front row.

Prefer others.

100% agree

kit66

Bench
I like him, always have. He's good and getting better each year and will do even better in the front row with a good partner like Packer. His defence is fine, don't know why his critics question this when the stats are there for all to see.
Hope he has a great year.

hardbaby

Coach
Ah Mau is a good player that needs to move tight. Price played so many guys out of position it was sickening. Leeson will go well for us.

mickeylane

Bench
Ah Mau is a one dimensional average player in a world where the modern day gun
backrower is more athletic, quick and has a skill set check...not in my 17!!

Sonny Bill (circa 2014)
Glenn Stewart
Sims
Guera
Tony Williams
Josh Jackson
Feliti Mateo

Jubileeboy

First Grade

Sonny Bill (circa 2014)
Glenn Stewart
Sims
Guera
Tony Williams
Josh Jackson
Feliti Mateo

And that's probably got a lot to do with him being moved to prop !

Charity shield performance of Leeson exceeded my expectations. Ran hard, made metres. Hit hard.

Don't at present have any better options. Expect Leeson and Cooper to start as front rowers with Rose and possibly O'Brien/the Butcher or Wakeman claiming the fourth front row spot.

GT0007

Juniors

Sonny Bill (circa 2014)
Glenn Stewart
Sims
Guera
Tony Williams
Josh Jackson
Feliti Mateo

And that's probably got a lot to do with him being moved to prop !

Thats was I'm guessing but hey I think I said that 100yrs ago. Judge him on this year and any player or coach at the end of the season?

Latest posts