What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Left of centre.

sladden road

Juniors
So the chat that’s flowing around appears to indicate Iro for Sifas centre spot.
If not for the first round but for sometime this season.
I like the idea. Iro will be a weapon, as Sifa is. It’s that Sifa seemed to get a little worked out towards the end of the year, shoulder injury not with standing .
Put Iro there and have Sifa on the bench ?
40 minutes of fully for Sifa on the edge..devastating.
For Iro,sky could be the limit .

azzah72

Bench
It's an interesting conundrum, Sifa essentially filled a role when we needed it and kind of cemented it last year but he is "supposed" to be an edge forward.

But if you make this change, who makes way? the sharks always seem to have stocks in backrowers and it's no different this year. I know everyone will say Graham but he's the captain, if he's fit, I believe he's playing, even if it's off the bench.

Eion

First Grade
Iro will get his shot. We’ve got enough second rowers, we can’t even find our captain a spot in the 17.

I don’t want to cost Teig or Briton a starting position. Sifa to stay centre for now

DJDL

Bench
I can’t see it happening in the early rounds, but I think Iro will get his shot at some stage.

While we’re on the subject of centres, what’s happened with Jensen Taumoepeau? I thought he’d left, but saw somewhere the other day that had him still contracted to us.

Special K

Coach
We just signed Sifa long term. He might have the longest contract at the club currently. I wonder where they think he will be playing in 4 years.

Special K

Coach
I can’t see it happening in the early rounds, but I think Iro will get his shot at some stage.

While we’re on the subject of centres, what’s happened with Jensen Taumoepeau? I thought he’d left, but saw somewhere the other day that had him still contracted to us.
Signed with the Jets. Similar to Billy M situation I believe

Hiku running around sifa who was stuck in quick sand sticks in the memory, whether that was anything to do with the hip drop tackle from the knights spud the week before, maybe.

Can't say I've seen enough of Iro to say he's demanding a spot at the minute nor do i think Teig is any kind of certainty to have a mortgage on that left edge.

Interesting conundrum anyway.

Weaponhead

Coach
I want to see Sifa play centre after an off season training there and getting his body ready for that position. A bit more agility and acceleration to go with the power and footwork will make him even more formidable.

The other interesting parallel will be who plays left edge. His hot form early was when Teig played there. The left edge changed when Wade came back into that spot and Sifa didn't get the same sort of ball. Looks like Teig will start the season.

Iro is ready made centre should there be an injury. Coming off a season as NSW Cup player of the year and a World Cup, he will confident and ready to go when the opportunity arises.

The crystal ball, not meth, tells me that Sifa is slotted in there for the season, barring injuries. Of course if there is injuries to Nikora or Wilton then he will slot into those positions with Iro coming in.
Wado to play his last season from the bench.
Next season Sifa will take Wados spot on the bench, with Iro taking left centre. Unless Wilton doesn't re-sign, he is up for contract this season isn't he?
Ramien and Kennedy haven't signed on yet either, have they?
My crystal ball just changed pictures..... all I can see now are dominos.

bluefox68

Staff member
The crystal ball, not meth, tells me that Sifa is slotted in there for the season, barring injuries. Of course if there is injuries to Nikora or Wilton then he will slot into those positions with Iro coming in.
Wado to play his last season from the bench.
Next season Sifa will take Wados spot on the bench, with Iro taking left centre. Unless Wilton doesn't re-sign, he is up for contract this season isn't he?
Ramien and Kennedy haven't signed on yet either, have they?
My crystal ball just changed pictures..... all I can see now are dominos.
I reckon Wilton should be a priority signing.

We should low-ball Ramien and Kennedy, as I don’t think WK will attract offers from anywhere else, and Ramien was burned by the Newcastle experiment…

Special K

Coach
I really wonder what we would have done with WK if Dykes was fully fit this year.

A smart club should swoop on WK. If we have to lose one of WK, Raimen and Katoa he is the guy to go imo. He is a good player but just balancing the books I think he goes. Though word around was the club saw a way to keep him and Dykes and I can't see WK breaking the bank.

Back on topic I agree Sifa plays the year there. Iro is next man up ideally. Sifa in defence is way more of a concern to me than Iro. Wilton is a must sign so you can't really move Sifa into Wiltons role. Sifa is the perfect bench guy but he is really well paid. Interesting when the club posted the team photos from the launch we only had 4 backrowers - Nikora, Wilton, Graham and Colquhoun. Sifa will surely spend some time there.

Give me that meth ball.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Have you lot seen Sifa in the pre season training pics on the website or insta or wherever you look?

He's going to be in the centres. His body shape has changed. Targetted training for sure. He looks lean and mean.

shaggs

Coach
@Frenzy. i don’t care what the crystal ball is telling you, I want to know what the meth told you.

I can’t see Sifa not being in the centres for the best part of the season. The Tieg combo will do wonders. Will also help in defence.
If we find that defensive mobility is an issue then Iro comes in.

He does play a physical style and has been injured regularly over the past few years with niggles. Will see how this goes if he has been training to be a centre