What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lehmann, Kasper dropped for third Test

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I do not get it.
Kasper missed out for McGill in my eyes.

WTF did we need 5 geunine bowlers for team 4 have been knocking off easily.

For the record I remain unconvinced Watson is an all-rounder. At this stage for mine he is a batsmen who can bowl pretty well.
His first spell was solid without being dangerous.
I would give him a run in this dead rubber as the up and coming batsmen.
He and Clarke are the young guys who have put the runs on the board.
He is not the outstanding young quick, that is Tait.

Watson will be expected to make runs, as Lehmann was.
McGill like Kasper is not.

wittyfan

Referee
pogo said:
flintoff is proven at test level.

i agree with an earlier poster re the "ghost hunt" for an all rounder...what is the need.

most definitely kasprowicz should have played in front of watson, the selectors say they dont lightly give away test caps.
in this case i think they have.

Comparisons between Flintoff and Botham are laughable!!! Flintoff will get carved up by the Aussies this year.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Southern Rooster said:
Tommy Smith said:
Watson is a hack. He is the beneficiary of the Australian selectors ghost hunt for a good all-rounder that does not exist in Australia at the moment. He bowls pies and is unproven at international level with the bat.

His selection is similar to that of Cameron White IMO. White is quite possibly the worst first-class spinner in history yet gained selection because of the Aussie selectors blind hope that they would find a replacement for the ageing Warney.

His first class stats sh*t on Flintoff's and Flintoff has an advantage of playing county cricket against some rubbish.

First class

Batting

Flintoff 36
Watson 48

Bowling

Flintoff 34
Watson 28
First class averages aren't the be all and end all. If that was the case, Michael Clarke would be considered ordinary and shouldn't be near the test side. Whislt they can be a good guide, they count for little if you show nothing go at international level. Speaking of international level, Flintoff was one-day player od the year last year and his stats over the last 18 months in tests have been awesome. As for Watson, well his one-day stats are sh!t. He bowls pies as the stats show and has been be ordinary at best with the bat. Until he proves himself in ODI or tests he cant be mentioned in the same breath as Freddy Flintoff.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
Mr Angry said:
I do not get it.
Kasper missed out for McGill in my eyes.

WTF did we need 5 geunine bowlers for team 4 have been knocking off easily.

For the record I remain unconvinced Watson is an all-rounder. At this stage for mine he is a batsmen who can bowl pretty well.
His first spell was solid without being dangerous.
I would give him a run in this dead rubber as the up and coming batsmen.
He and Clarke are the young guys who have put the runs on the board.
He is not the outstanding young quick, that is Tait.

Watson will be expected to make runs, as Lehmann was.
McGill like Kasper is not.

Tait will be the next spearhead of Australia. If he had blond hair then he would have played this test ahead of Watson.

Macca

Coach
Cricketer said:
MacGill?? He did f**k all in Sri Lanka - hence why he wasn't picked for India and now he gets a gig here, what a Joke! I feel for Kaspa. MacGill = sh*t.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wittyfan

Referee
Pensacola Q.C said:
Tait will be the next spearhead of Australia. If he had blond hair then he would have played this test ahead of Watson.

They say Gentlemen prefer Blondes. :lol:

nöyd

Staff member
I don't see any good coming from a guy who can bowl 140-plus km/h (Watson) when all he has to do is slow it down to 130 and put it on the spot to increase his chances of getting wickets. From what I have seen of Watson, he cannot control his pace. Sort of sums up why McGrath has had a spectacular Test career while Brett Lee is needing someone to get injured to get a call-up.

Having said that I hope Watson comes out tomorrow and blazes a century in even time. :D ;-)

pogo

Juniors
are you suggesting i compared flintoff to botham ?? i hope not.

by the way mcsharkie who was spruiking brett lee earlier in the season saying wait until he bowls in australia this summer must be choking on his coco pops today!

how did he perform in perth????

1/52 ........

mightnt get a bowl in australia this summer except in the suicide form of the game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
that's what happens when you become a drink waiter for so long

he needs games under his belt

Tommy Smith said:
Southern Rooster said:
Tommy Smith said:
Watson is a hack. He is the beneficiary of the Australian selectors ghost hunt for a good all-rounder that does not exist in Australia at the moment. He bowls pies and is unproven at international level with the bat.

His selection is similar to that of Cameron White IMO. White is quite possibly the worst first-class spinner in history yet gained selection because of the Aussie selectors blind hope that they would find a replacement for the ageing Warney.

His first class stats sh*t on Flintoff's and Flintoff has an advantage of playing county cricket against some rubbish.

First class

Batting

Flintoff 36
Watson 48

Bowling

Flintoff 34
Watson 28
First class averages aren't the be all and end all. If that was the case, Michael Clarke would be considered ordinary and shouldn't be near the test side. Whislt they can be a good guide, they count for little if you show nothing go at international level. Speaking of international level, Flintoff was one-day player od the year last year and his stats over the last 18 months in tests have been awesome. As for Watson, well his one-day stats are sh!t. He bowls pies as the stats show and has been be ordinary at best with the bat. Until he proves himself in ODI or tests he cant be mentioned in the same breath as Freddy Flintoff.

Andrew Flintoff was the most improved player in international cricket last year for mine no questions there. But at the same stage of these two players development (first class) Watson has a better looking allround scorecard. Flintoff has improved this last year due to playing international cricket. Playing the best usually brings out your best. Shane Watson in years to come could be a top class player for this side. He could also be revered in the same company as Tony Dodemaide.

Macca

Coach
Brett Lee still hasn't had a chance Pogo, so we won't know will we.

I predicted that he would do well at the WACA and the MCG. Shoaib certainly came away with the wickets so there is no reason to suspect that Lee wouldn't have against lesser batsmen.

If Lee had played in Test cricket and failed then I would definately admit that I was wrong but he hasn't so you'll just have to go on hoping that the Aussies will fail one day. Personally I think you are un-Australian.

pogo

Juniors
yeah thats fine mcsharkie but you spruiked him up and he cant even get a spot in the side so either you or the selectors are wrong.

he played in perth against lesser opposition and got 1/52.....he couldnt force his way in with figures like that.

but dont let the facts get in the way.

Macca

Coach
Playing Western Australians on their home pitch is not bowling at lesser opposition you fool. WA beat Pakistan easily. You missed the point as usual.

pogo

Juniors
you are the fool mate......

your prancing posing mate cant get a start in the side and cant get enough wickets at shield level to force a spot in the side despite a mammoth press and media push.

pakistan first up at the waca were always going to struggle with the bounce.

as kerry okeefe continues to say why is everyone obsessed with brett lee s extra pace?

have a look at how his record has deteriorated, dont let facts screw your story mcsharkie

Macca

Coach
blah blah blah . . . what facts? You are dribbling hypothetical crap.

My prediction was that he would do well this summer if selected. That didn't happen, so please go harrass someone else's predictions. Perhaps ones the were able to be played out.

Comparing Pakistan to Western Australians. Stupid.

pogo

Juniors
check lee s deteriorating record and inability to get a start those are indesputable facts.

you predicted he would do well this summer and hes done diddly squat!!

end of story.