What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua to Dogs

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
If Leilua leaves we should move on. Surely with the money freed up by the departure of Creagh, Farrell, Marshall Matautia and Rein there would be around $1.5million after the purchase of Sims to spend on quality players and retaining good juniors.

"Surely with the departure of Hornby, Gasnier, Boyd, Cooper, Smith, Costigan and Scott, we will be in the market for players maybe not 2012, but 2013"

Not having a go at you buddy, but I've heard this story before...........

Dragsters

First Grade
Nothing on the dogs website.

I feel like scratching my eyes out now.

Think I'll go take a shower, I feel dirty.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
You don't just hand over money like it means nothing.

Thats why the club is in trouble as it is now.

Exactly why the club is in trouble now, because they can't rationalise by smartly investing in the right players/coach, you will surely get a return with on-field success which translates to memberships and merchandise. The equation is that simple really.

moving forward

Juniors
They have signed
Robson
Dufty
Herbert
Sale
Host
Aiken
Issac Thompson
Zac lomax

These kids are the best kids in our junior system..
Lealua seems to be a sticking point and some people just arn't loyal to clubs.. he may stay, he may go but i think the club has nailed the kids they want bar him.. and bird which i think everyone agrees is a big mistake..
Remember ian millward started this role at the begining of the year so i think he has done a great job.. whichever the leilua one goes.. just my opinion

moving forward

Juniors
They have signed
Robson
Dufty
Herbert
Sale
Host
Aiken
Issac Thompson
Zac lomax

Lealua seems to be a sticking point and some people just arn't loyal to clubs.. he may stay, he may go but i think the club has nailed the kids they want bar him.. and bird which i think everyone agrees is a big mistake..
Remember ian millward started this role at the begining of the year so i think he has done a great job.. whichever the leilua one goes.. just my opinion
Apologies.. meant this for another thread but does also have relevence here

mickeylane

Bench
Leilua is 50/50 staying in my eyes....I know we are an "inch" away from Tony Williams..

I rate Williams and very excited of a back row rotation of
Williams
Sims
Frizzell
Thompson
De Bellin

Front Row of
Packer
Mason
Ah Mau
Plus one more Ive heard Perrett from Bulldogs

SaintHarry

Juniors
If he wants to go f@#k him next year mosse will steam roll the f@#ken dumpling thinks he is too good for the club have fun stuffing your face with KFCiano.

mickeylane

Bench
Actually I apologize - we have just lost him to the Bulldogs!..
http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/storm-v-broncos/
Hang the f**king retention team...this is ludicrous to lose Hastings, Bird, Leilua in the last 2 years.. McGregor is the problem - every coach's role is to talk to their players and let them know there wanted...the kid has just flown the coup to a team that has at least 7 forwards in front of him ...what did Des say to him that we couldn't? FMD we are shit!!

Leilua is 50/50 staying in my eyes....I know we are an "inch" away from Tony Williams..

I rate Williams and very excited of a back row rotation of
Williams
Sims
Frizzell
Thompson
De Bellin

Front Row of
Packer
Mason
Ah Mau
Plus one more Ive heard Perrett from Bulldogs

I'd much rather Leilua over Williams.

Dogs know what they're doing. We don't.

Straight Shooter

Forster Dragon

Juniors
We have not just Leilua,for what is is worth he was gone several weeks ago,just not announced as a courtesy to the Dragons.So much for blooding the kid in first grade.
This is just another confirmation of our inept coaching staff and management.

Dragsters

First Grade
We have not just Leilua,for what is is worth he was gone several weeks ago,just not announced as a courtesy to the Dragons.So much for blooding the kid in first grade.
This is just another confirmation of our inept coaching staff and management.

If this is the case then we are even a bigger rabble than I thought!

Why then would we give him first grade experience for the grubs benefit???

Make no sense.

mickeylane

Bench
The sooner Cleary is appointed the sooner we will be able to sign players...no one respects McGregor - no one!!

If he has gone and they played him over Host if i was Jacob i would be far from impressed.

Come to think of it Sele could be rather shitty aswell.

BennyV

Referee
They have signed
Robson
Dufty
Herbert
Sale
Host
Aiken
Issac Thompson
Zac lomax

Fair enough. Welcome to the forum Ian.

Bench
Yeah IF true, they should put him back to Holden Cup for the final 2 games.

I don't see anywhere that says that he is going to the bullgrubs or anyone else, we just need to be patient to see what happens with his contract, but the silence from the dragons is deafening

Walpole

Juniors
Tony Williams is the biggest marshmallow in the comp. Watch the Cowbyoys/dogs highlights from Thursday to see young Coen Hess run straight through him for a try. Hmm, let one of our best young players leave to be replaced by a fat lazy grub. Actually, it does fit with our current business model.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Actually I apologize - we have just lost him to the Bulldogs!..
http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/storm-v-broncos/
Hang the f**king retention team...this is ludicrous to lose Hastings, Bird, Leilua in the last 2 years.. McGregor is the problem - every coach's role is to talk to their players and let them know there wanted...the kid has just flown the coup to a team that has at least 7 forwards in front of him ...what did Des say to him that we couldn't? FMD we are shit!!

That 'story' from Tony Adams (aka RLW Mole) was posted this morning & jut accelerated the whole "Leilua's gone to the Dogs' hysteria. Part of this was Andy Raymond mentioning it during the Sea Eagles v Raiders game & so the momentum continued spreading the news like it's 100% fact.

Everyone needs to calm down & wait for Leilua to be announced as staying at the Dragons or leaving. As weak as it sounds, things do change with these negotiations & often the player doesn't talk directly to the existing club or potential new club until the deal is done. This is a direct reference to Raelene Castle saying they hadn't spoken to Leilua.