What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leon Bott signs with Sharks.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
Well, just heard on the footy show. They said he could play as early as this weekend. I wonder where they will play him? Personally i feel for Sharks fans. I mean, he just dropped in form so dramtically. Hopefully now a bit more room to move with regards to the salary cap for brisbane.

Special K

Coach
we started this season nearly 300k under the cap and have picked up Villa and Bott for depth. Not bad...

Bott and Albert teamed up could be a lethal combo of pure speed.

Inferno

Coach
lol you do know Covell was originally a Halfback don't you, its not that far fetched to be honest.

But I don't see it happening unless 2 halves go down.

I'll wait till someone credible confirms this, but I see it as a solid signing providing we didn't pay overs for him. Not worth much more than 60 - 80k to be honest, and I don't see him overtaking Covell or Albert anytime soon.

Special K said:
we started this season nearly 300k under the cap and have picked up Villa and Bott for depth. Not bad...

Bott and Albert teamed up could be a lethal combo of pure speed.

Raper has speed on the brain Im afraid.

He definately won't be playing for us this weekend, they said the same thing about Villa and so far he has played one game for us off the bench.

innsaneink

Referee
f**kin idiot sharks, if they held off on unCo for 24 more hours, they'd be rid of him once & for all....

McLovin

Staff member
He's a short chunky fellow. I'd play him in the centres with Vagana. Drop Scott...Could have the fastest centre, slowest winger combo going...

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
Inferno, just reporting what i heard. It was Danny Wiedler that said it. I honestly can't see where to fit him though. Maybe for depth but when would he get a run on?

Inferno

Coach
I doubt this week

If we signed him, he'd probably get a run in PL next week, but who knows. I don't see him playing much FG this year unless injury strikes.

rugged

Juniors
AsPiRiNg YoUtH said:
Hopefully now a bit more room to move with regards to the salary cap for brisbane.

Bott would have only been on a base salary so don't know how that would free up much cash, particularly as Hunt probably signed at an increased salary.

rugged

Juniors
Good luck to Bott.

It's obvious Bennett is trying to recreate Tuqiri and Sailor on the wings. But with Fraser Anderson and Tame Tupou to work with I don't think it's going to work.

what happened too Ben Pomery ? thought he looked good last year in the limited appearnces he made for penrith

theres a reason why brisbane got rid of Bott cause he aint that good maybe a change of club might help hes career

miccle

Bench
Good luck to Bott and to the Sharkies - hope the move works out for both parties.

I'm not overly unhappy that we got rid of him. He still had a lot of areas to improve in, and over the past twelve months has been well and truly overtaken in all facets by the likes of Darius Boyd, Denan Kemp and Steve Michaels at the Broncos.... with fellas like Jason Moon and Gideon Mzembe quickly getting better too.

Yes, he has pace to burn, but I've watched all the Clydesdales games (bar one) this season and he still really needs to work on his defence and positional play. If things work out for him though, he could potentially be a really good game-breaker.

sharknows

Bench
innsaneink said:
f**kin idiot sharks, if they held off on unCo for 24 more hours, they'd be rid of him once & for all....

Although a bit slow he is playing very well this season with a lot of ticker. I'm happy to keep him. He has been a big contributor to where we are at the moment. All of our "shlt" players are going well. :D