What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Less games at Henson 2006?

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Have heard from a reasonably reliable source that there will be considerably less home games @ Henson Park in 2006? I dont know either way but when I was told I remembered that the Yearly tickets were under review? is this due to there being less home games next year?

Jeffles

Bench
There won't be less VB Premier League home games at Henson in 2006 than there were in 2005. That's a fact. What we may see is less match days. Hopefully the NSWRL matches our PL and JBC home games up so we get more double headers.

The season tickets/memberships are under review. The reason being that fans want more value. Eg. instead of giving fans the same old T-shirt every year, that may be replaced with a merchandise voucher so you can choose what you want.

Bluebag

Juniors
Unlike this season where we agreed to play two games at shark park next year all games will be at Henson.

CYUONTHEHILL

Juniors
I heard that p/l games will be put on at aussie stadium so that roosters fans wont be left out, is this right.

Jeffles

Bench
It is not right. There will not be any less VB Premier League games at Henson Park in 2006 than there was in 2005. You can quote me on that!

but if easts aer the big boss on teh deal wont they wont more games at sfs to keep there fans happy ? make sence for them to look after there own back yard before the jets

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
c'mon I mean until its in print how do we know? This is all a bit like the boy from the bush dealin with the fast talkin, fast wheelin, smooth operating city slicker! there has to be changes which will be adverse to Newtown? I mean it is a joint deal is it not...it wont all be our way so whats the real deal??? dont get me wrong the club/team is at the forefront of my concerns but we can go so much further if we know what obstacles (if any) lay ahead?

newtownbluebags said:
c'mon I mean until its in print how do we know? This is all a bit like the boy from the bush dealin with the fast talkin, fast wheelin, smooth operating city slicker! there has to be changes which will be adverse to Newtown? I mean it is a joint deal is it not...it wont all be our way so whats the real deal??? dont get me wrong the club/team is at the forefront of my concerns but we can go so much further if we know what obstacles (if any) lay ahead?

The club has stated that ALL the home games will be at Henson Park next year. What's the big deal? Think that the Roosters will suddenly decide that all our home games will be at Aussie and we'll have to wear the Red White and Blue? Stop kidding yourself....

steveb69

Juniors
they suld be at henson for sure for their home games.
if not. no more then two games away from there

Jeffles

Bench
newtownbluebags said:

Suffice to say this is in writing. Our home ground will be Henson Park.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
The fact that Henson is the home ground was not the question...its the ratio of games home/away thats the question?

Jeffles

Bench
I don't understand. In the spirirt of an even draw the NSWRL gives teams an even number of home and away games. The draw won't be released for at least 2 months anyway.

You can put this rumour to bed.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
There must be something in this if "You can put this rumour to bed" is the response! Its a simple question,,, draw might be the same per club but if the club in question is splitting its games between two venues to please two parties then this will affect the amount of home games (henson). As a merged entity and the possibility of having to play a certain number of games at a venue to satisfy the "other half" this will affect the overall games played at henson! when someone in the know can put their hand up and say no its cast in stone that the new venture will in no way affect the number of games played at henson and catergorically scotch any rumours of aussie stadium games then we can put it to bed! I for one certainly hope no games will be played at Ausssie stadium (finals aside) as henson is a far better venue!!!!!!!!!

Jeffles

Bench
I said earlier in the thread that "there will be no less VB PL games at Henson Park in 2006 than there was in 2005." And you still carry on!

What is it about that above quote that you don't understand.