What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets be honest

thickos

First Grade
Come on Titties no need to make this a grammar rodeo :)

Woodgers mate I feel your pain, the crowd figure was extremely disheartening. I know the Warriors aren't the best drawcard but you'd have to think our form is a major factor in everything as well.

At the end of the day I feel similar to IBG that essentially 2006 is a write-off; just take as many wins as we can, give the juniors a strong go and hope that the noises Henry is making about 2007 are going to eventuate.

Stranger things have happened in footy but I honestly believe that if the players were given a chance to 'express' themselves on the field, we could make the 8 comfortably.

Sully

Juniors
2 POINTS IS 2 POINTS BOYS

I can recall about 6 of you blokes in this thread singing a song (and whole heartedly I might add)

"WE ARE BACK... WE ARE BACK...."

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I too agree that this year is a write off. A good reason to keep Carney in number 7, especially while Smith is still around.

sydraider

First Grade
Walt Flanigan said:
I too agree that this year is a write off. A good reason to keep Carney in number 7, especially while Smith is still around.

If we all see that this year is a write off, then why dont the management?

If this is the case, why dont they punt elliot, let furner caretake under advisement of henry as to what he wants done in preperation for next season.

Im willing to suffer losses under the guidance of a future more than losses under guidance of a man who is off to ruin another club.

dubby

Bench
I can't believe some of the comments from you guys.
Sure, we played poorly. Yes, the team is not playing with flair or creativity.
But wait! We got the 2 points didn't we? To play poorly and still come up with the 2 points has to be a positive sign IMO.
It is obvious that Elliot has put a hold on the type of footy we saw against Manly. I think this must be due to a lack of confidence in his players ability to play skilled & controlled football. Remember the Dogs game? The ball handling was atrocious, if we hold onto it we win.
Elliot must be drilling to the players: hold onto the ball! He wants us to hold onto the ball because we throw it away needlessly (due to young exuberance) and in defence we aren't numbering up.
I think until the guys demonstrate better ball control, we will see this no-frills style of play until 2007.
I hope Henry can install some self belief into these guys next year.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
our goal line defense has been very good this year.

i wouldnt say this year is a write off, i feel even though we had the sh!t kicked out of us vs the knights and the Roosters we still played very well till about the 60th minute, had we played like throughout the entire game we could be on a 5-1 record.

Bay56

First Grade
canberra_raiders2k2 said:
our goal line defense has been very good this year.

i wouldnt say this year is a write off, i feel even though we had the sh!t kicked out of us vs the knights and the Roosters we still played very well till about the 60th minute, had we played like throughout the entire game we could be on a 5-1 record.

:lol: :lol:

yea and if the tooth fairy was real we'd be 6-0