What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets Go Back 10 Years

Moggles

Juniors
mightybears said:
the singo bid was very secure financially.
3 leagues club, singo money and a stadium designed to have a low break even point

some fans are more "fundamental" than others
to quote don mc kinnon "no norths no interest"
i didn't ever have a second team, other than the one playing manly each week!

i have not watched any nrl since 99, only origin until my bears are back

THE BEARS WILL BE BACK AT NRL LEVEL IN 2007!

You haven't watched NRL since 99?
Well you are missing out.

You should try watching it sometime, you may remember why you loved it in the first place.

Wrighty79

Juniors
The 90's sucked BIG TIME! The only good thing to happen was in '99 when the MIGHTY BALMAIN TIGERS merged with the MIGHTY WESTS MAGPIES to become the greatest Rugby League force EVER!

Why bring SL in to it when SL was not thought of then in Australia.

I don't like SL but they brought one good thing Rulling wise for the Rugby League fans

The Video Ref. how often would the Ref get it wrong.

apart from Anything else SL then can go to hell.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Wrighty79 said:
The 90's sucked BIG TIME! The only good thing to happen was in '99 when the MIGHTY BALMAIN TIGERS merged with the MIGHTY WESTS MAGPIES to become the greatest Rugby League force EVER!

Get off the drugs.

Billy Gunn

Juniors
WHY would any of you whingers want to bring back 1994??????

There was no Internet !!!!!!!!

You would have no one to read your tripe!!!!!

If it were 1994 you guys would only have you mates who thought you carried on like pork chops now you have the entire world with access to the persistant dribble about how it's not fair, the Roosters are too good,
everyone is over the salary cap, I don't wan't to play anymore!!!!!
and anything alse you can find to winge about.

The thing that amazes me about this site is 99% of all threads are negative or end up in some stupid argument that almost always ends up mentioning the Salary cap.

Anyway I think the game is in a great state at the moment 12 teams up until a week ago all still able to reach the semi's.

Crowds are getting bigger there are upsets every week tipping has never been harder.

Bring it on!!!!!!

Billy

Be thankful

Billy

Hoggy

Bench
chemicalbrother said:
Why bring SL in to it when SL was not thought of then in Australia.

I don't like SL but they brought one good thing Rulling wise for the Rugby League fans

The Video Ref. how often would the Ref get it wrong.

apart from Anything else SL then can go to hell.

Well because of SL we exist. :?

macavity

Referee
yup how unfortunate is it that the high point of RL is in a time where mullets, flannos, hypercolour and stone wash was still plentiful.... (then again, its been a while since ive been to parramatta.... in 01 it was still like that... :lol: )

if SL never happened how great would our game be now..... we would have prob lost a few clubs through natural attrition, Fittler would still be playing for Penrith, Daley wouldn't be commentating on Fox (how bad does he go....), and Newcastle would probably still have a heap of their best juniors that left.... :cry:

Parra wouldn't have got Pay, Smith etc..... the Reds and Chargers would still be running around... Norths would be CC, and hell, the Tigers or someone might be in Brisbane, who knows?

All I know is that if we had a decent admin from about 94 on, we would now be far and away Oz's #1 winter sport.... instead of a shadow of potential....

it hurts to think about it....

Quigs

Immortal
If the game didn't keep evolving then we wouldn't have all these athletic androids running around programmed for every move. The androids are now even evolving into pommy soccer players. You can see em' carrying on and gesturing to the referee and raising their ten fingers into the air everytime something happens to one of their own. Or flapping and gesturing everytime someone has the audacity to tackle them into touch.

And what about the whistle blowers, in the not to distant past referees actually made a decision during a game. But hey lets go upstairs. we can get a great camera shot of the ref with the big screen in the background.... hey wait a minute .... whats that..... refs call ......refs bloody call.

aaahhhh well if we keep evolving down this magic road of sports entertainment ( just like the WWF) we might end up having Ohh-ficials throw hankies on the spot and the game coming to a halt as the Deee-fence takes up its position and the Offf -fence can then mount an assault. In the background we can all hear the gentle toans of we will we will rock you.....

I'm still trying to get me old beer washed brain around the "ad" line and the "dominant tackle" Throw in a few more new wizz bangers. I used to follow a game I think was called Rugby League. No voluntary tackles....

Interesting question here punters, how many rule changes have they made in the last ten years...... the mind boggles.... would like to get an answer some where.

Turn it back and let the characters run free. i know I'm dreamin' but it was the time of good dreams.

bluesmall.gif

Cheers
Quigs

Latest posts