What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's talk about the Canberra Raiders

Alex28

Coach
Their fans are generally massive knob jockeys, however to my disgust I hope they do well in the finals.

Big Pete

Referee
After years of telling us they have the next big things in Rugby League they've finally unearthed some very decent prospects and I believe they'll turn around an uninspiring decade an actually win a premiership in the not too distant future.

As long as they find themselves a halfback.

He is also the perpetrator of the weakest/doggest act of violence on a football field in some time.

Their fans will blame anyone and everyone if they are bundled out of the finals on Friday night.

Skeepe will complain that the refs were against Canberra in every minute of the 2010 season when they are bundled out of the finals on Friday night.

Their fans have the audacity to call other fans arrogant, but yet they actually believe that they will win the GF (no other fans have claimed this).

The club is based in the most boring city in Australia.

If they manage to win this weekend their fans will start planning GF victory celebrations.

The club will still not be able to attract any decent players without paying overs.

Poor old stain fan

a-crying-baby.jpg

bronco_buddy

Juniors
Actually I was more impressed with winning 8 from 9, and our last 5 in a row. But I won't lie, beating Broncos at Red Hill in front of 40,000 to ensure they didn't make the finals for the first time since 1991 felt pretty good.

You're not in the finals. One of your best players just defected to AFL. Your key 2011 signing already wants to go back home. Your coach-player relationship is apparently ruined. Yep, Brisbane sure is the home of Rugby League. Enjoy the off-season.

Most Broncos fans had excepted Brisbane's fate after the Newcastle game and it was a relief to have that monkey off our back. It had to come some time.
Even with a team of exciting, young, inexperienced players to come that close was very pleasing, and to think you have Inglis, Hodges, Lockyer and Hannant to come back into the team next year I think more success is to follow the greatest sporting club in this country.
By the way can any Raiders fans give me some tips on how to enjoy watching the NRL finals when your teams not playing? Because for me it's been a while:D

RSK

Juniors
Most Broncos fans had excepted Brisbane's fate after the Newcastle game and it was a relief to have that monkey off our back. It had to come some time.
Even with a team of exciting, young, inexperienced players to come that close was very pleasing, and to think you have Inglis, Hodges, Lockyer and Hannant to come back into the team next year I think more success is to follow the greatest sporting club in this country.
By the way can any Raiders fans give me some tips on how to enjoy watching the NRL finals when your teams not playing? Because for me it's been a while:D

You don't watch it because it hurts too much :(

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
I'm ecstatic that the raiders have made the finals. As a raiders fan i'd love to put on my green eyes and say yes we'll make it to the grand final, but at this stage, it dont see happenening. I do think a lot of raiders fans are getting ahead of themselves when they say this. I think we should be happy that we've made the finals after appearing dead and buried 2 months ago. I thought our season was over for sure, so i'm just happy we've made it this far. If we get any further, I will be all the more proud of what we have achieved this season.

The one this I can say is, raiders WILL be a premiership force in 2011!

sarahk

Juniors
I'm ecstatic that the raiders have made the finals. As a raiders fan i'd love to put on my green eyes and say yes we'll make it to the grand final, but at this stage, it dont see happenening. I do think a lot of raiders fans are getting ahead of themselves when they say this. I think we should be happy that we've made the finals after appearing dead and buried 2 months ago. I thought our season was over for sure, so i'm just happy we've made it this far. If we get any further, I will be all the more proud of what we have achieved this season.

Nice that you're realistic. Not something you see from raiders fans on this forum.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
nawwww poor thing.

It isn't just Raiders supporters who rate Dugan over Hayne at the back either. Maybe Hayne can spend the summer watching videos of Josh Dugan and learn where to stand at fullback.

adamkungl

Immortal
nawwww poor thing.

It isn't just Raiders supporters who rate Dugan over Hayne at the back either. Maybe Hayne can spend the summer watching videos of Josh Dugan and learn where to stand at fullback.

Nah man, its all Raiders bias. And not Parra bias. Hayne is a god.

bileduct

Coach

Yep, I agree with this guy.

I wrote em off after the Storm game, just couldn't see it happening considering what was required.

Dazraider

Juniors
I can never be over confident in the raiders as i know how bad we can play and that frightens me every time the ball gets kicked off.
if we can mantain consistency then we are a huge chance to get to the grandfinal and maybe win it.
will be hard to beat panthers but i feel if we turn up with right attitude then we should win comfortable as panthers can play like the cowboys at times with their defence

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I'm ecstatic to see them in the finals, the way their fans are carrying on about how they are unbeatable is going to make it hilarious when the bubble bursts, they're already on the slide.

Every team in the 8 is within an even shot of getting the title, but deadset the way the Canberra fans have carried on since being a remote chance is ridiculous. I don't think they're even remotely close to being as good as Parra were at this time last year, and they looked VERY shaky against the Broncos

It was sweet to end the Broncos finals streak. If anyone was gonna do it, it was us. Let that early 90s rivalry begin again.

Oh yeah and Dugan > Hayne in case you didn't know. :lol:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
It was sweet to end the Broncos finals streak. If anyone was gonna do it, it was us. Let that early 90s rivalry begin again.

Oh yeah and Dugan > Hayne in case you didn't know. :lol:

I think the 3 games they lost prior to playing you guys may have played some part as well, in any case you did it very unconvincingly :roll:

Noname36

First Grade
They struggled to beat a Bronco's side without Lockyer that had been getting flogged in previous weeks. They might get a win over Penrith, but I can't see them beating anyone else. They did well to make the finals ( in a very weak comp), but they have been extremely overrated by their fans on this forum.

Still though...
Dugan -> Hayne as a fullback
Hayne -> Dugan for actual talent

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Don't hate.

We drove the final and most important nail in that coffin.

You didn't "drive" anything in.. You barely tapped it in. Broncos suffered their least convincing loss in the last month at the hand of the Raiders. You were damn lucky to come away with it IMO.

If we lost by 15 points the Broncos would be playing in the finals. We didn't lose by 15 though, actually we won the game against a very desperate side who wanted to keep the streak going. They were unable to do that because we were better.

You should be happy. It means they won't be knocking you out of the finals again....we might though.

You're just hating because you didn't rate us at the start of the year.
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=353101&page=9
^Still waiting for you to eat your humble pie in that thread btw.

Latest posts