What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's talk about the Canberra Raiders

MrAnonymous

Bench
Your foresight is without equal
He's a Merrit, a handful of decent games after years of plodding and he is ready for rep football lol Bronco fans, The merkin is useless always has been. Was one of the worst wingers in the comp last year, pretty sure most Dragons fans will agree.

Rep teams:crazy: Shouldn't even be making the Samoan side.

nick87

Coach
I dont understand the bump. Nothing that happens here in 2014 has anything to do with where the Raiders where positioned and what they could have achieved in 2010, had Campese's knee not shit itself

stick to bumping Choker threads GKD. You got greedy here.

POPEYE

Coach
While this thread is on the board I for one reckon the effort the Raiders put in last night was more than enough to win games. The coach perseveres with a couple of wrong players but the rest of them only need to be practiced in enterprising attack. To dump the Raiders playing group into the 'too hard' basket is shortsighted

Tipster

Bench
While this thread is on the board I for one reckon the effort the Raiders put in last night was more than enough to win games. The coach perseveres with a couple of wrong players but the rest of them only need to be practiced in enterprising attack. To dump the Raiders playing group into the 'too hard' basket is shortsighted

Isn't that what Ricky Stuart did to the Eels last year?

Jason Maher

Immortal
I dont understand the bump. Nothing that happens here in 2014 has anything to do with where the Raiders where positioned and what they could have achieved in 2010, had Campese's knee not shit itself

stick to bumping Choker threads GKD. You got greedy here.

Stick to changing accounts. Dean didn't bump the thread. Nice couple of posts by your good self waxing lyrical about the forthcoming Raiders dynasty, by the by. ;-)

Aragorn

First Grade
Stick to changing accounts. Dean didn't bump the thread. Nice couple of posts by your good self waxing lyrical about the forthcoming Raiders dynasty, by the by. ;-)

I think he mean's GKD bumping all those out-dated quote's dumbass.

;-)

Apey

Staff member
Zzzzz.

Probably would have been funnier to bump this at the end of 2011, since all the talk in 2010 was about how amazing the Raiders were going to be in 2011.

the raiders will be a feared team in 2011.

:lol: I was wondering when this gem would come out.

You and other Raider's fans say it every year.

I suppose you will get it right eventually. Throw enough mud and some will stick.

2011 Raiders: 15th

nick87

Coach

I stand firmly by it. But then I wasn't to know Campese would see about 10 games over the next three years and that Ferguson and Dugan would end up being sacked for disciplinary reasons.

If you want to have a crack at me for being very optimistic about the clubs immediate future at the end of 2010, then I'm more than happy to wear that. We were in a great spot, fantastic, talented, young team poised to be a serious contender, most posts in this thread confirm it wasnt a biased point of view, many neutral fansfelt the Raiders were on the cusp of something good. We also had and have continued to have a very successful U20's side.

It didn't pan out, for a lot of reasons out side of the club's control, but there was absolutely no reason not to be optimistic at the time those posts were made, which is not to say even if it was biased, who cares. Fans are biased, when their club is in a position like the Raiders were, you can hardly hold it against them for feeling excited about the situation.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I'm sure Dragons fans have made incorrect predictions before. It's just that they're the only ones who would take the time to dig around threads from 4 years ago. A touch sad.

I don't think I posted in this thread originally but I did share that optimism for our club. No one could foresee what would happen to Campo and then the Monaghan, Dugan and Ferguson incidents that followed.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I'm sure Dragons fans have made incorrect predictions before. It's just that they're the only ones who would take the time to dig around threads from 4 years ago. A touch sad.

I don't think I posted in this thread originally but I did share that optimism for our club. No one could foresee what would happen to Campo and then the Monaghan, Dugan and Ferguson incidents that followed.

It's amazing how far that optimism has fallen. Hell you could go back to 08 with Toddles what a disaster.

God-King Dean

Immortal

I once thought Barba would be better than Slater.

I laugh at myself everyday.

Canard

Immortal
Made the right call ditching Carney.

It's only a matter of time before Duges and Fergo play up again.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Made the right call ditching Carney.

It's only a matter of time before Duges and Fergo play up again.

I think Dugan will grow out of his issues. He doesn't really have a problem with the booze, more like a petulant child.

I have no confidence whatsoever in Ferguson though.

nick87

Coach
Yeah i think Dugan has a good chance to grow out of it. I think he honestly thought he was untouchable and now realises that clubs wont hesitate to sack him, irrespective of talent

Ferguson is in big trouble, his career could be done before he's 27

kbw

Bench
After seeing Dugan in some interviews I think he may have grown up a little and may want to turn his life around.
Carney was offered loads of help at the various clubs and basically is just wasn't interested in changing.

Latest posts