What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Letter from DUI to David

Danish

Referee
People grossly underrate the "That's My Team" campaign. It was f**king phenomenal.

The members of the hoodoo gurus probably added another 3 zeros to their bank account because of its success. They were an average pub band at best but any 12 year old can sing "that's my team" verbatim.

Great campaign

beave

Coach
That's my team was f**king awesome!!!!!!!!

Mainly because I was the cowboy fan in the 2004 ad with the blue howdy hat!!!:p:p

In all honesty, that song still shits me to this day though........

bobmar28

Bench
Quick question - Who is DUI?

And to add to the Gallop assessment - He had this to say in the sycophantic Rothfield article at the DT League Central site: The innovations like blah, blah, blah... the anthems from the Hoodoo Gurus and Bon Jovi, blah blah blah... have all been great.

The blahs were all well and good, but why did he have to go and add the anthems from the Hoodoo Gurus and Bon Jovi in there as a point of pride. It's a point of shame. Rugby League is the worst marketed sport in the world. The game is so successful despite the pathetic attempts by the marketing team at League HQ. They all need to be fired. Anybody could do a better job. And yeah, I certainly could.

Let's hear some then. The "That's my team " promotion was better than anything the AFL has ever done.

Last edited:

Haffa

Who are these vicious, full of back-biting and highly political people in rugby league that DUI speaks of??

It's another pot shot at Gould. DUI and the sloth see themselves as doing a duty while Gus is a trouble maker harming the game.

Haffa

You sure you aren't David Gallop?

The most successful? I hate to admit it, but the AFL knows how to market their game. League flourishes in spite of itself. That's because League is such a great game and luckily we don't need great advertising campaigns.

That's My Team was flogged to death by the end.

But that Bon Jovi rubbish is utter shit. If they want to use something American, they need to looking at the marketing for the NHL. Now there is some amazing marketing at work.

League marketing is rinky dink.

Give us an example of the AFLs ad campaigns that were better then "that's my team". Or just name the one they had at the same time as "that's my team" which was so good only you remember it.

Brutus

Referee
It's another pot shot at Gould. DUI and the sloth see themselves as doing a duty while Gus is a trouble maker harming the game.

It's pathetic isn't it.

A great deal of the vicious, back-biting stems from the organisation that part-owns the game.

But of course DUI wouldn't see it that way. This company has given her so much, starting with the Super League media manager's job. lol

This company has also given David a public profile that he most likely would have never acquired.

Latest posts