What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Letter from DUI to David

Brutus

Referee
"Ten years ago a wet-behind-the-ears lawyer became the chief executive of the newly formed National Rugby League. David Gallop may have cut his teeth at Super League , but nothing could have prepared him for what lay ahead in the vicious back-biting and highly political world of rugby league. Today marks his 10th anniversary.
Gallop's decade is a one-finger salute to the forces who have conspired against him over many years. Congratulations David."

Such a lovely little letter from a friend to a friend.

From page 135 of the Telegraph 4/2/12

Rugby league is so vicious, full of back-biting and highly political...

Nice Beaver

First Grade
2 f*ckwitted peas in a pod. (Thats DUI on the right you may not recognise her she had her hair done, I think it was the Dally M's last year...)

images

beave

Coach
What a f**king hypocritical f**king mole, she is one of the main forces in the media giving it to league every opportunity she can get. This bit of praise is like getting a xmas card from Hitler.........

Stiffy Rogers

Juniors
Quick question - Who is DUI?

And to add to the Gallop assessment - He had this to say in the sycophantic Rothfield article at the DT League Central site: The innovations like blah, blah, blah... the anthems from the Hoodoo Gurus and Bon Jovi, blah blah blah... have all been great.

The blahs were all well and good, but why did he have to go and add the anthems from the Hoodoo Gurus and Bon Jovi in there as a point of pride. It's a point of shame. Rugby League is the worst marketed sport in the world. The game is so successful despite the pathetic attempts by the marketing team at League HQ. They all need to be fired. Anybody could do a better job. And yeah, I certainly could.

docbrown

Coach
David Gallop has had to deal with a lot of merkins in his career and DUI Becky is probably the smelliest of them all.

skeepe

Immortal
Quick question - Who is DUI?

And to add to the Gallop assessment - He had this to say in the sycophantic Rothfield article at the DT League Central site: The innovations like blah, blah, blah... the anthems from the Hoodoo Gurus and Bon Jovi, blah blah blah... have all been great.

The blahs were all well and good, but why did he have to go and add the anthems from the Hoodoo Gurus and Bon Jovi in there as a point of pride. It's a point of shame. Rugby League is the worst marketed sport in the world. The game is so successful despite the pathetic attempts by the marketing team at League HQ. They all need to be fired. Anybody could do a better job. And yeah, I certainly could.

Are you kidding? They're the most successful Australian sporting promotions since Simply The Best.

f**k me. That's My Team in particular was a massive success.

Of all the things mentioned, and not mentioned, in that interview the promotional songs are probably the least troublesome issue. The lack of leadership and planning, poor TV and radio rights deals, lack of action on expansion and other practive issues and not standing up to the likes of Nein are far more serious reasons to be critical.

Raider_69

Post Whore
My only critic of Gallop would be the hopelessly negotiated media agreements, day to day i think gallop's done a decent job but his work with the media deals, be it FTA, Pay TV, radio or online has been f**king woeful

he can redeem himself big time with a great deal in the next FTA agreement
but mostly i think he's ok. Trouble is, his failure is the biggest sticking point in the progression of this code.

Brutus

Referee
My only critic of Gallop would be the hopelessly negotiated media agreements, day to day i think gallop's done a decent job but his work with the media deals, be it FTA, Pay TV, radio or online has been f**king woeful

he can redeem himself big time with a great deal in the next FTA agreement
but mostly i think he's ok. Trouble is, his failure is the biggest sticking point in the progression of this code.

Letter from RL community to DUI

"Hey merkin,

Kill yourself.

Regards, RL community

P.S. Lol @ your humiliation on the footy show."

Brutus

Referee
Who are these vicious, full of back-biting and highly political people in rugby league that DUI speaks of??

Last edited:

jbl31649

Juniors
Are you kidding? They're the most successful Australian sporting promotions since Simply The Best.

The one I remember the most is Friday (night football) on my mind, by the easybeats.

Honestly stop reading this Scabs stuff. Just ignore her or set up a fund for everyone to contribute. Then higher a hitman...problem solved

Stiffy Rogers

Juniors

You sure you aren't David Gallop?

The most successful? I hate to admit it, but the AFL knows how to market their game. League flourishes in spite of itself. That's because League is such a great game and luckily we don't need great advertising campaigns.

That's My Team was flogged to death by the end.

But that Bon Jovi rubbish is utter shit. If they want to use something American, they need to looking at the marketing for the NHL. Now there is some amazing marketing at work.

League marketing is rinky dink.

Loudstrat

Coach
AFL knows how to peddle a shiny version of horse sh*t. It makes their product sound great until you start to think - and not very hard at that.

AF IS better at marketing, but apart from their excellent and clever "Unbelievble" ads, we have crapped all over them. "Simply The Best" is the best sporting ad campaign ever in Australian sport. That's my team was good, so was the "I get knocked down" from a few years ago. The centenary season ads were phenomenal = no sport has something like Craig Wing putting Ron Coote over.

Back to topic. I am convinced that Brutus wants a threesome with Wilson and Gallop! Lube up mate, your more femenine than the other two - marginally ;-)