What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lewis: Our fans will cheer for Hindy

Parra Guru

Coach
Penrith star Luke Lewis has predicted a standing ovation from the Panthers' home crowd for Eels legend Nathan Hindmarsh on Saturday night.

The Eels skipper plays his 300th game at Centrebet Stadium and will be honoured with a tribute on the stadium screens as well as a post-match presentation.

Lewis said he expected a huge applause when Hindmarsh takes the field.

"I think it's a great achievement for Hindy," Lewis said.

"You'd like to finish your 300 games at Parramatta Stadium but I think everyone here on Saturday night willl give him a standing ovation.

"Hopefully we get a pumping crowd.. and he walks off the field having a great game.

"It's a goal everyone in rugby league would love to achieve.

"The way that he's played the game, full credit to him and it gives me the bit of the feeling that I'd love to be in the position he's in."

The Eels will hold further celebrations for Hindmarsh's incredible milestone at their next home game - Round 21 against the Melbourne Storm.

To see the full version of what Luke Lewis had to say about Nathan Hindmarsh CLICK HERE

http://www.parraeels.com.au/default...130&title=lewis-our-fans-will-cheer-for-hindy

Thanks for the sportsmanship showed by Penrith for putting on a post-match presentation. I'm really looking forward to the occasion regardless the outcome.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
Meh...it's the least the Panthers could do with Hindy's 300th getting them the most fantastic media coverage and they will be laughing all the way to the bank with a near-capacity crowd.

boxhead

First Grade
Luke Lewis is a true gentleman, he's one of the nicest and most hard-working players in Rugby League. I think we can all be grateful that a rival club would go out of their way to honour the greatest Eel of all time, so a big thank you to Luke Lewis, the Panthers players, and the Penrith club and their staff for doing this.

SDM

First Grade
I just hope that if we lose, Hindy doesn't have a sulk A.Johns style.

WA Eel

Juniors
Great work Luke Lewis. Good to see a bit of class off field by some of the games older brigade. Some of the younger loud mouths can learn a bit from guys like Luke Lewis, Petro and Hindy.

hybrideel

Bench
Do you think that there is a chance that the post match presentation won't be soured by some panthers fans if we beat them. And i'm not singling out the panthers here, it would probably happen at almost any away ground

Glen

Bench
Classy move by the Panthers. I was hoping they would do something but there is still no obligation

Parra Guru

Coach
Do you think that there is a chance that the post match presentation won't be soured by some panthers fans if we beat them. And i'm not singling out the panthers here, it would probably happen at almost any away ground

Why would it be soured? It's their choice to hang around if they want, I wouldn't think they are obliged to. It's nice of their club to be putting it on regardless.

hybrideel

Bench
Yes it is nice of the panthers to put this on for him. My point isn't that some panthers fans would hang around, hopefully they do and cheer on the great man, more about some drunken idiots trying to ruin it if we beat them

Parra Pride

Referee
Yes it is nice of the panthers to put this on for him. My point isn't that some panthers fans would hang around, hopefully they do and cheer on the great man, more about some drunken idiots trying to ruin it if we beat them

When we beat them.

Latest posts