What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liechardt Oval cant wait to reunite next year.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
PINGU said:
Unike the diehard Jets fans who get out and support thier team through thick and thin. At least the Jets had the courage to stand alone and not bow down to some joint venture.

Yeah so thats why they preferred to arrange to become feeder clubs for both Souths and the Bulldogs - not to mention of course the fact they have merged with the Sharks but hey they could never do a thing like that now would they :roll:

PINGU

Juniors
Yeah a feeder clubs looking after the youth of Australian Rugby League, giving them a chance and letting them prove thier worth.

Unlike the Wests Tigers who poach and steel players from other clubs. :clap:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
PINGU said:
Yeah a feeder clubs looking after the youth of Australian Rugby League, giving them a chance and letting them prove thier worth.

Yeah BS look at the juniors coming through the ranks at the moment moron and you still avioded the JV part with the Sharks which was agreed to not that long ago for next year IDIOT!!!!!!

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Eddie. said:
6000 in a GF year, GEE that is bad :?

Relatively it's not...

the league averaged 8,647 in 1981, and the Jets averaged 6,044 = 70% of average.

That'd be a team averaging 10,150 today making the GF.

Bears averaged 5, 524
Souths 7, 086
Balmain 7, 437

Sure Newtown were 2nd lowest averages, but much different circumstances than now.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
PINGU said:

Name 1 player who we have "Poached" or "Stolen" that was a junior from another club ????

We will be waiting with Baited breathe :roll:

Kurt Angle

First Grade
How about Canberra's 6,918 in 1987.

Canterbury's 7,941 in 1988.

Not really a unique situation with the Jets.

That said, I don't believe they deserve a place, PL is their proper sport. Souths too I'll be thinking.

Eddie. said:
Ah the bitterness of some of these haters :lol:

How they must hate us being in the 8 and getting all these record crowds

So all they can come up with is the one game against melbourne, in 10 years time PINGU will probably still be going on about this game.

Eat Sh!t WT's haters, we are here to stay

:lol:

Lets not forget the 4000 odd that the WT's got against the Broncos on a Sunday arvo last year, during the height of the team of the century celebrations. New jersey and all.

I don't hate the Wests Tigers, just pity their supporters who have been taken in by the News Ltd lies. Must have hurt when the Souths supporters from the Burrow chanted "We might be crap, but you're still merged", "two teams, no pride".

TIGERPies

Juniors
no it didnt hurt at all

i gave the burrow shit all day

we won by 50, are club is going forwards whilst souths may aswell be out still

as many fans are dissapoited, more love the club

:idea: :arrow: have fun at henson. maybe u can park u car on the oval

hybrid_tiger

Coach
PINGU said:
Henson Park Hornets said:
PINGU said:
The Storm game certainly proved the fairweathered fans get behind the side.

Still the highlight of the year for the Wests Tigers was the 2 weeks where 106 points were scored against them and they scored Ummmmmmmmmmmmm 0 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly! Where were all those WT's fans on that Saturday night? Probably having a latte in Starbucks in Balmain. Was it too cold for you little darlings to go to the footy?

Damn right, they only seem to turn out to the games when they have a 75% chance of winning. If there is a chance of a loss the fairweather fans sit at home on the internet and complain about ref's, bag the crap out of players and talk about re-painting the toilet block at Leichardt hovel.

Unike the diehard Jets fans who get out and support thier team through thick and thin. At least the Jets had the courage to stand alone and not bow down to some joint venture.

I would bring back the mighty Newtown Jets in a second and relocate the Wests Tigers down to Adelaide and re-name them the Adelaide Magpies.

No-one cares what you think.

Your analysis' are repetitive, boring and bordering on insanity. Take a few pills, have a lie down and try not to think about Balmain too much. ;-)

That was what Newtown averaged in their last season.

Great days eh HPH?

Remember Manfred Moore?

A master stroke if ever there was one, nearly saved the Jets.

:lol:

What would you have supporters of the JV clubs do HPH, follow Souths or AFL?

:roll:

BuffaloRules

Coach
Lets not forget the 4000 odd that the WT's got against the Broncos on a Sunday arvo last year, during the height of the team of the century celebrations. New jersey and all.

I don't hate the Wests Tigers, just pity their supporters who have been taken in by the News Ltd lies. Must have hurt when the Souths supporters from the Burrow chanted "We might be crap, but you're still merged", "two teams, no pride".

Hurt... :lol:

Yeah we are still crying about it :lol:

What was the score again??

Newtown hey???

I was reading recently that they have undergone some type of merge??

Is that right??

TIGERPies

Juniors
as if we dont have pride either

that burrow are self indulgent idiots who seem to think that rugby league owes south something. or that they are an icon for how a struggling sydney club can make it.

neither of these are the case

BuffaloRules said:

Newtown hey???

Is that right??

Newtown have gone into deal with Cronulla, so that we are the Cronulla PL team. With the team called the Newtown Jets, the royal blue jersey running around, home games at Henson Park with a couple of Cronulla NRL off casts thrown in. Not really a merger, is it?

Honestly, it must have been hard to take on Sunday. Huge crowd at Leichhardt, Balmain team song, Balmain jerseys running around in the NRL, a winning team playing really good footy. And knowing that you sold out? Souths were there... After fighting for their right to be in the NRL AND WINNING.

By the way... I was a Balmain supporter until they merged. After selling out they lost me.

TIGERPies said:
as if we dont have pride either

that burrow are self indulgent idiots who seem to think that rugby league owes south something. or that they are an icon for how a struggling sydney club can make it.

neither of these are the case

I've a mate who is in the Burrow and he says that they are a great bunch of people who love their footy and want to have a sing song. How can you say that they are self indulgent or that they think the NRL owe Souths something? I dunno I've never sat with them, just listened to my mates stories from the Burrow. He said that the Wests Tigers Fanatics have been given alot of help from the Burrow in getting organised.

BuffaloRules said:

Newtown hey???

Is that right??

Newtown have gone into deal with Cronulla, so that we are the Cronulla PL team. With the team called the Newtown Jets, the royal blue jersey running around, home games at Henson Park with a couple of Cronulla NRL off casts thrown in. Not really a merger, is it?

Honestly, it must have been hard to take on Sunday. Huge crowd at Leichhardt, Balmain team song, Balmain jerseys running around in the NRL, a winning team playing really good footy. And knowing that you sold out? Souths were there... After fighting for their right to be in the NRL AND WINNING.

By the way... I was a Balmain supporter until they merged. After selling out they lost me.

So why haven't Newtown lost you for selling out?

You tried to do nothing more than wave it away but it's no different apart from the level of Football.

Hypocrite.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Oh geez HPH, joins the ridiculed society that contains nospam49 and the poor unfortunate soul they called PINGU. You guys are losers!! you make yourself feel better by putting others down. Geez i wanna aspire to be like you!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

At least we have a club Henson that not filled with losers who will never play first grade, at least our side has a chance of playing in a grand final, all you have bloody memories and a bunch of part timers playing PL and JBC.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
HPH the funny thing is that you sold your self out idiot - changing clubs and not sticking with Balmain yeah I'm sure you can hold your head high Idiot :roll:

You of all people shouldn't comment on anyone else selling out because changing the club you support and not sticking with the club you support through thick and thin is worse than "selling out" IDIOT :roll:

innsaneink

Referee
LOL....a Newtown PL band waggonner puttin shit on us....thats rich.

This is the NRL forum HPH......your team aint here and neither should you....run along now :lol: