What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Likely team

Avenger

Immortal
Jodeci said:
Inu has played a lot of lower grade games on the wing so he can play wing. Hayne just hasn't got the size for the time being but is a freak.

Inu does deserve a shot before Hayne. I'd rather Reddy on the wing since McKinnion wont give up his no.1 jersey

I thought Reddy would take over from Wade, but Wade has bought his game to a new level.

Jodeci

Bench
Also I can see Marcus getting the no.9 jersey, Morris at 6 and Wagon on the bench.

Marcus will go off at the 20 minute mark, move Morris to no.9 and Wagon plays a five eight/back rower role

Brian wont name Jeremy Smith and people who are close to him know that

ParraAds

Juniors
I cant see Vella getting dropped again somehow, especially when hes playing far better football than Stringer and Cayless.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I just think Inu and Hayne aren't quite ready yet and would only play them if it's absolutely neccesary, they are joy to watch in PL but it's a completely different ball game in firsts and I just think they're still green.

dazeely

First Grade
PIG said:
If thats the team he picks we might as well not show up- Id be going with:

1. McKinnon
2. Inu
3. Delaney
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. J.Smith
7. T.Smith
8. Tsolous
9. Morris- god I hate him here but we're out of options
10. Peek
11. Hindy
12. Zeb
13. Robbo

14. Storer
15. Widders
16. Jack Affa
17. Fui

I expect your one to be closer to the money though

Not knocking your team but tried to be more realistic. BS will not make that many changes. Caylo doesn't deserve it but will be there. I'm a huge Peek fan so would like to see him squeezed in somewhere. Haven't seen Jack play in premmies so can't comment. Doubt whether another back will be blooded especially with favourite Burty around. Was a big Petersen fan but he has more than blown is chances IMO (doesn't deserve any more)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jodeci said:
Also I can see Marcus getting the no.9 jersey, Morris at 6 and Wagon on the bench.

Marcus will go off at the 20 minute mark, move Morris to no.9 and Wagon plays a five eight/back rower role

Brian wont name Jeremy Smith and people who are close to him know that

I beg to differ, however if Wags gets the 6 shirt ahead Jeremy, I'll be happy to label you a genius.

PIG

Juniors
Again it's Brian being a knobhead. Jeremy has had some problems in his life/attitude in the past but has worked hard to turn it all around- Brian hold too many grudges...get over it and do whats best for the team.

lucablight

First Grade
PIG said:
If thats the team he picks we might as well not show up- Id be going with:

1. McKinnon
2. Inu
3. Delaney
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. J.Smith
7. T.Smith
8. Tsolous
9. Morris- god I hate him here but we're out of options
10. Peek
11. Hindy
12. Zeb
13. Robbo

14. Storer
15. Widders
16. Jack Affa
17. Fui

I expect your one to be closer to the money though

He's worse than Stringer and Cayless combined atm

Jodeci

Bench
Stringer should be dropped and there is no buts about it. Did someone see O'Meley stats for the last 2 weeks?

Raiders: 22 hit ups - 187 metres - 3 offloads - 0 errors
Bunnies: 21 hit ups - 201 metres - 5 offloads - 2 errors

Lets see Stringer:

Cowboys: 15 hit ups - 128 metres - 3 offloads - 4 mistackles - 2 errors
Panthers: 8 hit ups - 55 metres - 1 offload - 2 errors and 2 mistackles

Stringer needs a spell in PL to work on speed and agility. Bring Cordoba back up

8 hitups, what a joke!!!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
PIG said:
Again it's Brian being a knobhead. Jeremy has had some problems in his life/attitude in the past but has worked hard to turn it all around- Brian hold too many grudges...get over it and do whats best for the team.

you are right, but you should ask Timmy who he's preference at 6 is?? ;-) ..I'm lead to believe that he wouldn't mind striking up a combo with Jeremy.

eelsta644

Juniors
1. McKinnon
2. Burt
3. Delaney
4 Tahu
5. Grothe
6. J. Smith
7. T. Smith
8. Stringer
9. Morris
10. Tsolous
11. Hindy
12. Chad
13. Zeb

14. Marcus Perenara
15. Widders
16. Cannings
17. Fui Fui Moi Moi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
eelsta644 said:
1. McKinnon
2. Burt
3. Delaney
4 Tahu
5. Grothe
6. J. Smith
7. T. Smith
8. Stringer
9. Morris
10. Tsolous
11. Hindy
12. Chad
13. Zeb

14. Marcus Perenara
15. Widders
16. Cannings
17. Fui Fui Moi Moi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

providing Moro's not there, I'd live with that side.

PIG

Juniors
eelavation said:
you are right, but you should ask Timmy who he's preference at 6 is?? ;-) ..I'm lead to believe that he wouldn't mind striking up a combo with Jeremy.

Mate I have no doubts Jeremy is the man for the job- none at all. I was saying it last year and getting hammered. I played alot of junior football with Jeremy growing up and let me tell you, he is bar none the most talented junior footballer I have seen- he just had a terrible attitude to football and got himself in trouble alot. From all reports his turned his life around, and he's dominating the premier league. Yes, it's a step up to firsts but he is an attacking minded player who holds his on in defence.

He is without a shadow of doubt the best 5/8 at the club and deserves his shot. He'd do fine.

Stagger eel

Staff member
PIG said:
Mate I have no doubts Jeremy is the man for the job- none at all. I was saying it last year and getting hammered. I played alot of junior football with Jeremy growing up and let me tell you, he is bar none the most talented junior footballer I have seen- he just had a terrible attitude to football and got himself in trouble alot. From all reports his turned his life around, and he's dominating the premier league. Yes, it's a step up to firsts but he is an attacking minded player who holds his on in defence.

He is without a shadow of doubt the best 5/8 at the club and deserves his shot. He'd do fine.

he was labeled the best prospect the kiwi's had at halfback for a long time before his discpline got the better of him.

Jodeci

Bench
I also played against Jeremy years back. He flogged my side 102 - 0.

Players include Matt Utai, Junior Langi, Dean Byrne, Hastings Jnr and a few other talented kids. It was a long afternoon for me ket me tell u that

lucablight

First Grade
ParraAds said:
Stringer is the worst prop in the NRL.

He's just having a bad trot right now. Last year he was touted as a possible kangaroo tourist. Some people sure have some short memories.

PIG

Juniors
Jodeci said:
I also played against Jeremy years back. He flogged my side 102 - 0.

Players include Matt Utai, Junior Langi, Dean Byrne, Hastings Jnr and a few other talented kids. It was a long afternoon for me ket me tell u that

Mate thats nothing- We led Jeremys side 36-0 at half time, Jeremy finally decided to turn up for the second half and we lost 44-40 or something like that- he was an absolute gun.

Jodeci

Bench
He has had his fair share of trouble but that is all behind him now.

I want him to play in our first grade side but I just cant see Smithy picking him. Hopefully with all this NZ talk, Smithy will give him a chance.

With regards to Morris, Timmy made him look good as well as our success at the back half of the season was also helping Morris out

eelsta644

Juniors
if Fui is not there, I will chop off Brian Smiths balls...

When the boogeyman goes to sleep at night, he checks in his closet for Fui Fui