What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Likely team

Utey

Coach
Eelementary said:
Wasn't Jeremy Smith's early season form bad? Has he been playing better recently?

If so, he NEEDS to be our number 6. We're struggling in attack, because we have little falir - we just can't put our opponents away.

What if we scored one or two tries MORE against the Cowboys? What if the score was 20-6 or 26-6 at half-time, instead? Perhaps we could ahve gone on with the job...

Also, we need form forwards.

Played with a groin injury to try and get a run in 1sts.

Utey

Coach
Jodeci said:
The NZ coach actually called him last week and has stated to him that he will be a surprise guest on Friday Night so I wish him all the best and I hope he is given a chance.
Smith or Moi Moi?

Eelementary

Post Whore
So it wasnt' me imagining things? lol He was poor early on - but because he was injured.

So he's playing well now?

He SHOULD be playing for us.

Perhaps he'll be on the bench - to see how he goes.

BG

Juniors
ParraAds I didnt think he was any good last year either. [/quote said:
Wow. Sure his defence was occasionally sloppy; he's a big guy. But his metres up the middle and offloads played a huge part in Parra nabbing the minor premiership.

ParraAds

Juniors
BG said:
Wow. Sure his defence was occasionally sloppy; he's a big guy. But his metres up the middle and offloads played a huge part in Parra nabbing the minor premiership.

Yeah you are entitled to your opinion...but from my point of view he is just too slow and moves horribly latterally...
I think there are 5 or 6 props at the club who are better.

Sean7

Juniors
If Smith picks Wagon at 5/8 this week I'll just about give up. That would be a serious step backwards. Basically hoisting the white flag. He has to look for the permanant answer, the one that will hopefully make us a genuine threat, not the "keep my head above water for this week" one.

I think this will be the side:

McKinnon
Burt
Delaney
Tahu
Grothe
Morris
Smith
Tsoulos
Someguy
Cayless
Hindmarsh
Zeb
Robinson

Perenara
Widders
Vella
Stringer

Fui
Wagon

I feel like he'll pick Morris at 5/8 again, but the starting hooker spot is a mystery to me. I can't see him picking Perenara in the starting side based on his defense in the last game.

I don't know where Wagon will fit into all of this. He's a pointless bench player, but I feel he'll be somewhere. Smith is always one to fall back on past failures.

I'd like to see Jeremy Smith or Mateo given a chance (we're in desperate need of a second creative option), but I just can't imagine jumping on the internet tomorrow and seeing their names.

I don't think I've ever looked forward to seeing a line-up more.

sooperdooper

First Grade
wade
burt
delaney
tahu
grothe
j smith
t smith
stringer
perenara
vella
hindy
zeb
chad

j morris
widders
fui
cayless

lucablight

First Grade
ParraAds said:
I have an excellent memory thankyou, I didnt think he was any good last year either.
as for Kangaroo tourist...please....he was never close.

I don't know what games you were watching but he was pretty good last year. If you don't believe me about him being a potential Kangaroo tourist go back and read one of the articles about the Eels by Roy Masters after the loss to the Panthers.

jayman

Juniors
hodgson is very much in doubt this friday.. should ease our game a bit...

dont know what impact that has on team selections.. if any...

oldmancraigy

Coach
Sean7 said:
If Smith picks Wagon at 5/8 this week I'll just about give up. That would be a serious step backwards. Basically hoisting the white flag.

That comment applies to 'if Smith picks Wagon in first grade again this year' (unless we have SERIOUS back row injuries)

The team I would pick:

1. Wade McKINNON
2. Luke BURT
3. Brett DELANEY
4. Timana TAHU
5. Eric GROTHE
6. Jeremy SMITH
7. Tim SMITH
8. Justin TSOULOS
9. John MORRIS
10. Paul STRINGER
11. Nathan HINDMARSH
12. Zeb TAIA
13. Chad ROBINSON

14. Marcus PERENARA
15. Dean WIDDERS
16. Nathan CAYLESS
17. Michael VELLA
18. Fui Fui MOI MOI

The main question would be over Burt - is that John Williams fellow fit? Because if he is then there is no question, bring him in!! There's no way that Peterson can be in based on the last few weeks - I am no Burt supporter, and Peterson usually plays pretty well, but his recent form has been hopeless, and he looks slower than ever....

I'd also like to see how fit Fui is before just tossing him in there - although I'm assuming Hindy and Chad and even Morris would play the whole 80 if needs be, so the other forwards could be rotated a little around that (Marcus playing a little lock if neccessary...)

Looking forward to seeing our forwards aim up for the whole 80 minutes this week instead of around 45...

Utey

Coach
oldmancraigy said:
That comment applies to 'if Smith picks Wagon in first grade again this year' (unless we have SERIOUS back row injuries)

The team I would pick:

1. Wade McKINNON
2. Luke BURT
3. Brett DELANEY
4. Timana TAHU
5. Eric GROTHE
6. Jeremy SMITH
7. Tim SMITH
8. Justin TSOULOS
9. John MORRIS
10. Paul STRINGER
11. Nathan HINDMARSH
12. Zeb TAIA
13. Chad ROBINSON

14. Marcus PERENARA
15. Dean WIDDERS
16. Nathan CAYLESS
17. Michael VELLA
18. Fui Fui MOI MOI

The main question would be over Burt - is that John Williams fellow fit? Because if he is then there is no question, bring him in!! There's no way that Peterson can be in based on the last few weeks - I am no Burt supporter, and Peterson usually plays pretty well, but his recent form has been hopeless, and he looks slower than ever....

I'd also like to see how fit Fui is before just tossing him in there - although I'm assuming Hindy and Chad and even Morris would play the whole 80 if needs be, so the other forwards could be rotated a little around that (Marcus playing a little lock if neccessary...)

Looking forward to seeing our forwards aim up for the whole 80 minutes this week instead of around 45...

Good side!

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I remember a few years ago someone on this forum was so mad after an eels loss they spat at their tv.#-o

Well thats I'm gonna do if Sideshow is picked this week.

Parra Guru

Coach
1. Wade McKINNON
2. Luke BURT
3. Brett DELANEY
4. Timana TAHU
5. Eric GROTHE
6. Jeremy SMITH
7. Tim SMITH
8. Justin TSOULOS
9. John MORRIS
10. Paul STRINGER
11. Nathan HINDMARSH
12. Zeb TAIA
13. Chad ROBINSON

14. Marcus PERENARA
15. Dean WIDDERS
16. Nathan CAYLESS
17. Fui Fui MOI MOI

PB

Bench
dazeely said:
Brian Smith sit up and take notice. I have the game plan.

Rotation system:

Stringer: 35min (old bull: also 1/2 time as extra break)
JT: 50min (young bull: also 1/2 time as extra break)
Caylo: 35min (less game time = more impact)
Fui: 20min (impact)
Hindy: 80min (machine)
Zeb: 80min (mini-machine in the making)
Chad: 55min (10min stint up front-versitility)
Deano: 35min (less game time = more impact)
Perenara: 40min (30min 5/8th & final 10min hooker with tired forwards)
Wagon: 50min (defence around the middle & help out Timmy)
Morris: 60min (at hooker)

......quote]

The problem with that is (apart from the likehood of injuries the way we are going), is that the Tigers play a very fast brand of footy. I would not imagine that Zeb could play the full 80 minutes and be effective having played only 1 game thus far. One day, he may be an 80 minute player, but now definatly not.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
PB said:
dazeely said:
Brian Smith sit up and take notice. I have the game plan.

Rotation system:

Stringer: 35min (old bull: also 1/2 time as extra break)
JT: 50min (young bull: also 1/2 time as extra break)
Caylo: 35min (less game time = more impact)
Fui: 20min (impact)
Hindy: 80min (machine)
Zeb: 80min (mini-machine in the making)
Chad: 55min (10min stint up front-versitility)
Deano: 35min (less game time = more impact)
Perenara: 40min (30min 5/8th & final 10min hooker with tired forwards)
Wagon: 50min (defence around the middle & help out Timmy)
Morris: 60min (at hooker)

The problem with that is (apart from the likehood of injuries the way we are going), is that the Tigers play a very fast brand of footy. I would not imagine that Zeb could play the full 80 minutes and be effective having played only 1 game thus far. One day, he may be an 80 minute player, but now definatly not.

I know Hindy is a machine but just once I would like him to go off at the 60th minute mark and come back 5-10 minutes later, to give it his all for the final minutes. I think that it may be something that would see him be more effective.

PB

Bench
Jodeci said:
Also I can see Marcus getting the no.9 jersey, Morris at 6 and Wagon on the bench.

Marcus will go off at the 20 minute mark, move Morris to no.9 and Wagon plays a five eight/back rower role

Brian wont name Jeremy Smith and people who are close to him know that

you must be water tight with him then.....