What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Likely team

lucablight

First Grade
eelavation said:
he was labeled the best prospect the kiwi's had at halfback for a long time before his discpline got the better of him.

What is it with Kiwis and discipline? The same line keeps being trotted out for Mateo. I'm surprised he's in his mid 20s and still hasn't got an NRL berth yet. Is his discipline that bad or does he simply not have the talent? If he does why can the coaching staff never see what you guys see? The warriors need some halves badly so I'm surprised he didn't leave for there if he isn't overrated and does have the talent.

Jodeci

Bench
The NZ coach actually called him last week and has stated to him that he will be a surprise guest on Friday Night so I wish him all the best and I hope he is given a chance.

Stagger eel

Staff member
lucablight said:
What is it with Kiwis and discipline? The same line keeps being trotted out for Mateo. I'm surprised he's in his mid 20s and still hasn't got an NRL berth yet. Is his discipline that bad or does he simply not have the talent? If he does why can the coaching staff never see what you guys see? The warriors need some halves badly so I'm surprised he didn't leave for there if he isn't overrated and does have the talent.

I don't know, he appeared to have shot his career in the foot at every club he's been and i'm pretty sure he's been at a few.

PIG

Juniors
Jeremy is an arrogant lair- apat form Piggy Brian doesnt seem to like that. Sometime a team needs that type of guy- esp a team thats down in cofidence. Look, i'd give him a shot for sure, but i'm not so sure Brian will- infact i'd bet against it.

yy_cheng

Coach
PIG said:
Jeremy is an arrogant lair- apat form Piggy Brian doesnt seem to like that. Sometime a team needs that type of guy- esp a team thats down in cofidence. Look, i'd give him a shot for sure, but i'm not so sure Brian will- infact i'd bet against it.

Well, come to think about it, not many of our guys are arrogant. The only one I can really think of (besides Piggy) is possibly PJ.

Jamie was a bit arrogant to but it could be more confidence than arrrogance.

dazeely

First Grade
dazeely said:
IMO likely team

1. Wade
2. Burt
3. Delaney
4 Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Wagon
7. T. Smith
8. Stringer
9. Morris
10. Tsolous
11. Hindy
12. Zeb
13. Chad

14. Marcus Perenara or Jeremy Smith
15. Widders
16. Caylo
17. Fui

Led to believe :- PJ (no hope of recovery) , Morro (no hope of recovery) & Chalky ( 4 - 6 weeks).

Brian Smith sit up and take notice. I have the game plan.

Rotation system:

15 min : off Stringer & JT
on Caylo, Fui

props: Caylo & Fui
hooker: Morris
2nd row: Hindy & Zeb
lock: Chad
5/8th: Wagon

25min : off Fui & Chad
on JT & Deano

props: JT & Caylo
lock: Deano

30min : off Caylo & Wagon (Perenara & Morris to share 5/8th - hooker)
on Stringer & Perenara

props: Stringer & JT
5/8th: Perenara

Half time : 6 interchanges

10 min : off Stringer & JT
on Caylo, Chad

props: Caylo & Chad
5/8th: Perenara

20min : off Morris & Deano
on Fui, & Wagon

props: Fui & Caylo
hooker: Perenara

30min : off Fui & Caylo
on Stringer & JT

props: JT & Stringer
hooker: Perenara

Full time : 12 interchanges

Game time:

Stringer: 35min (old bull: also 1/2 time as extra break)
JT: 50min (young bull: also 1/2 time as extra break)
Caylo: 35min (less game time = more impact)
Fui: 20min (impact)
Hindy: 80min (machine)
Zeb: 80min (mini-machine in the making)
Chad: 55min (10min stint up front-versitility)
Deano: 35min (less game time = more impact)
Perenara: 40min (30min 5/8th & final 10min hooker with tired forwards)
Wagon: 50min (defence around the middle & help out Timmy)
Morris: 60min (at hooker)

Touch wood no injuries to backline or else all this is a f**king waste of time. Thank god for Hindy and mini Hindy (Zeb).

Oh yeh I have too much time don't I. The wife keeps telling me that anyway.

Carn the eels.......

Eelementary

Post Whore
PLEASE, oh PLEASE put Burty in for Muzza!

Burt may not be perfect, but at least he has a spark in attack and some genuine pace!

dazeely

First Grade
the trick is to keep rotating the props IMO. They definately have the goods but unfortunately only in short bursts. Wrong end of their careers. Use them well and we will see the rewards.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Wasn't Jeremy Smith's early season form bad? Has he been playing better recently?

If so, he NEEDS to be our number 6. We're struggling in attack, because we have little falir - we just can't put our opponents away.

What if we scored one or two tries MORE against the Cowboys? What if the score was 20-6 or 26-6 at half-time, instead? Perhaps we could ahve gone on with the job...

Also, we need form forwards.

ParraAds

Juniors
lucablight said:
He's just having a bad trot right now. Last year he was touted as a possible kangaroo tourist. Some people sure have some short memories.

I have an excellent memory thankyou, I didnt think he was any good last year either.
as for Kangaroo tourist...please....he was never close.

yy_cheng

Coach
Deano hardly comes off. He gets on between 20-25 min mark and usually stays till the end of game