What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Linkin Parks new Album

Stonecutter

First Grade
It's called Minutes to Midnight. It comes out on May the 14th.

I watched a song from the album called " What I've Done" on MTV this arvo around the time Jackass was on. I thought it was pretty good and I will for sure get the Album as soon as it come out.

If anyone else has seen it, what are your thoughts??

It's f**king terrible. Wait till you get your mits on a copy, it's a crappy attempt at early 90's garageband.

'what I've Done' is the only song that really sounds like Linkin Park. The rest of the album is like jumping in a time machine and hearing some punks rehearsing in their uncles warehouse. It's sh*t

Stonecutter

First Grade
Mixmasterreece said:
It's f**king terrible. Wait till you get your mits on a copy, it's a crappy attempt at early 90's garageband.

'what I've Done' is the only song that really sounds like Linkin Park. The rest of the album is like jumping in a time machine and hearing some punks rehearsing in their uncles warehouse. It's sh*t

I hope it's not as bad as you say it is. My judgement was passed by listening to the one song, and aparently their only good one. :?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I actually dont mind Linkin park.......

Love the singers voice and the actual sound of the band i like.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
I actually dont mind Linkin park.......

Love the singers voice and the actual sound of the band i like.

Yeh they're my favourite band. Meteora and Hybrid Theory are really good albums.

Stonecutter said:
Yeh they're my favourite band. Meteora and Hybrid Theory are really good albums.

if you like those albums and that particular style of music, you will not like this album at all.
It deviates wildy from their previous work, and its a poor attempt.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Yeah i like them. Everytime they come on in the car I turn them up, love the way the songer holds a note, you dont hear it anymore...aswell as the sound, I think they incorperate the electronic sound very well into their music.

I generally dont like these bands, but i like Linkin Park. I will buy their new album.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I downloaded a couple of their songs, and I have to agree - they're awful in this new album.

Whilst I'm not a huge fan of theirs, I don't mind them. They certainly have talent. But their new album is just sh*t. I mean, one of their songs is just Fred Durst-style lyrics and rapping to a pathetic rap/nu-metal beat...I thought ther rap and nu-metal cross died in the 90's...Oh how wrong I was...

2 True Blues

Coach
I like some of their stuff, though they do have a very similar sound in many of their songs. I don't mind em though.

Megalomaniac

Juniors
Yay! Can't wait for the new album. I heard they changed their style a bit, like the lyrics are more personal or something? Just hope they don't go too crazy on the swearing lol

Perrymatta

Juniors
Holy sh*t, i WAS a huge Linkin Park theme but this terrible. Rubbish rubbish rubbish. They changed everything that made them unique!

yosh64

Juniors
Sh*t im a massive linkin park fan. They have been brilliant in the past but it doesnt sound good so far. Still im a good chance of getting their album when it comes out. Is the 'what ive done' song the one thats out on the radio now?

HevyDevy

Coach
Perrymatta said:
Holy sh*t, i WAS a huge Linkin Park theme but this terrible. Rubbish rubbish rubbish. They changed everything that made them unique!

They were never unique. They are a commercial nu-metal with nothing to distinguish them from the crowd. It is simplistic and dull.

Nu-metal as a genre is a disgrace anyway. It's embarassing to metal bands that the word metal is in there in the first place.

Latest posts