What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little known TV series/underrated TV series

The Colonel

Immortal
Was a big fan of The Pretender. Watched the whole series and the two tele-movies and then they cut it when it was starting to get interesting.

Had been watching Dead Like Me on Fox 8 on Sunday nights. It "mysteriously" disappeared a few weeks ago only for me to find out that it only ran two seasons and was cut. Was a big fan of Mandy Patinkins character and they were starting to develop the characters quite well and now I'm stuck not knowing what happens.

I hate it when they cut shows before they let the storyline play out....

Samwise

Bench
Arrested development and freaks and geeks are defintely under appreciated shows.

I think Futurama was another one which didn't get a fair go. I've heard rumours they are bringing it back though. Could get lucky on that one.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I used to love all of the above shows, although Maid Marion didn't really stand the test of time with me. I still get a chuckle out of Keeping Up Appearances.

HevyDevy

Coach
You know when a show is so crap that it actually becomes more interesting than other shows?

Breakers was that show - the best (or worst, depending which way you look at it) Aussie soap ever!! The only one I could watch anyway. Still have the last few episodes on tape!!

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
HevyDevy said:
You know when a show is so crap that it actually becomes more interesting than other shows?

Breakers was that show - the best (or worst, depending which way you look at it) Aussie soap ever!! The only one I could watch anyway. Still have the last few episodes on tape!!
:lol: Good old Breakers!..used to be on twice a day!......I remember it well :D :crazy:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Entourage is easily the best new show to come along in years, but as it's on pay-TV only (HBO in the US, Arena in Aust) comparitively few people know about it. I reckon I've got at least 110 poeple in my workplace hooked on it though!
In terms of older shows I always thought the shows that Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondosn did after The Young Ones deserved more attention than they got, Filthy, Rich and Catflap was decent but it sank without trace (I did find VCDs of all the episodes online though) and Bottom was easily the best thing they ever did but never seemed to get as much attention as the Young Ones, despite being a far better show.

McLovin

Staff member
"Cops"...The best show EVER!!!! They still play it at around 1am some nights.

Also, a little aussie show that i loved back in the 90s was "The Extraordinary". It was about the paranormal, ufo sightings, etc. Anybody know if there is a dvd version out??

Phillips

Referee
MC84 said:
Also, a little aussie show that i loved back in the 90s was "The Extraordinary". It was about the paranormal, ufo sightings, etc. Anybody know if there is a dvd version out??

that show used to scare the sh*t out of me 8-[

not sure if they have it on DVD..

Caged Panther

First Grade
newtownbluebags said:
Twisted Tales - Bryan Brown

sequel to that series is due to be shown on channel 9 in the next few months. Too twisted or maybe two twisted I think it's called.

Beyind a sci fi fan Space Above and Beyond was a great show back in the mid 90's.

I think Scrubs although hugely popular isn't well recognised in the mainstream.

Howard the Duck the granddaddy of the likes of American Dad and Family guy and far more politically incorrect to boot.

News Radio...Phil Hartman's character was a classic.