What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little known TV series/underrated TV series

strewth_mate

Bench
NewsRadio was great.

Perfect Strangers
Duckman
Marion and Geoff
Not a series technically but used to watch Liquid Television on SBS, just a bunch of short cartoons (also Eat Carpet)
Golden Girls was pretty risque and seems to be largely forgotten
Other gems like Ren & Stimpy have disappeared into the ether
Absolute Power hasn't got a great deal of publicity, though it's pretty clever
Which leads into the skit shows like Fry & Laurie, Smith & Jones and Not the Nine O'Clock News, which I don't know were much appreciated over here
The New Statesman was very clever, Rik Mayall was perfectly evil
The Micallef P(r)ogram(me) was surprisingly ignored by a lot of people, even moreso Welcher & Welcher
Big Train and The Fast Show
Seaquest DSV was mostly rubbish but I loved it at the time

And Don't Forget Your Toothbrush seemed to slip by too many people :(

Phillips

Referee
The Mick Molley show was great, and then it was gone :(

The Thin Blue Line, was better then Mr Bean imo

Choppies said:
For mine it is the Brittas Empire made in the raly to mid 90's is a British comedy about a leisure centre and a manager who you would call odd,
IMO very underrated and that you never hear much about it anymore.
Thankfully they are releasing them on DVD (Upto series 5 of 7 are out)

What do you think are little known or underrated shows.

I have a couple of Brittas DVDs, it first came to my attention because the star is on Red Dwarf.

Funny show.

Sir Biffo

Bench
One Tree Hill - The poor man's OC. Cheesy stereotypical characters (a black basketballer called "skillz", please). The most diabolical evil character EVER (Dan Scott) and the most ridiculous plot twists ever and equally poor acting skills make this soap opera a must watch.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Sir Biffo said:
One Tree Hill - The poor man's OC. Cheesy stereotypical characters (a black basketballer called "skillz", please). The most diabolical evil character EVER (Dan Scott) and the most ridiculous plot twists ever and equally poor acting skills make this soap opera a must watch.

And it had sophia bush in it.

Sliders was excellent for the first few seasons started to go down hill after John Rhys Davies left and became absolutely abysmal when jerry o'connell left.

Munky

Coach
Point Pleasant

Quality viewing for those still awake after midnight on Tuesday evening. Essentially a mix of the OC crossed with Supernatural crossed with armageddon theories.

McLovin

Staff member
Munky said:
Point Pleasant

Quality viewing for those still awake after midnight on Tuesday evening. Essentially a mix of the OC crossed with Supernatural crossed with armageddon theories.

Reminds me of a show called "Passions" that was playing a few years ago. I'd know because as soon as i got home from school, it'd be the only thing on that was worth watching. Started off ok then became a supernatural bold and the beautifull show...

Munky

Coach
MC84 said:
Reminds me of a show called "Passions" that was playing a few years ago. I'd know because as soon as i got home from school, it'd be the only thing on that was worth watching. Started off ok then became a supernatural bold and the beautifull show...

It's far less soap than Passions.

It's one of those Prison Break/Lost style shows with a continuing storyline rather than self contained episodes.