What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live in France, China, USA, India, Hong Kong... BUT NOT MELBOURNE!

Azkatro

First Grade
Thread title says it all.

NRL said:
Rugby league celebrates 25 Years of Origin at Suncorp Stadium this evening with a viewing audience that will spread across most of the globe.

As well as the three million plus fans who will see the game in metropolitan and regional Australia on the Nine Network, the opening match of the Harvey Norman State of Origin series will be telecast live into the UK through Sky Sports.

In the USA Fox Sports will carry a live telecast across America and also through their affiliated networks in Canada and the Middle East.

Canal Plus in France, will carry the match live to France, Monaco and Africa, while the ABC's Asia Pacific Service's signal will take State of Origin I throughout the Pacific Islands and as far as China, Hong Kong, Japan Indonesia, India as well as a long list of other countries in the region.

Closer to home Sky Network Sports in New Zealand will deliver a live telecast of the game along with EMTV in Papua New Guinea.

"The international telecast footprint is a reminder of the growth of the Origin concept over 25 years," ARL chief executive Geoff Carr said today.

"Clearly the sport is hardly a household name in many of these areas but the fact that broadcasters see it as a significant sporting event exposes the game to an enormous audience."

And they wonder why Melbourne struggles to pull good crowds.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
It's all fluff. The NRL don't care who gets to see the games. They can't get nine to show it around Australia. They have stoped people from overseas watching the game on the internet with their Bigpond joke. I'm really sure there will be millions of Chinese watching the game. Pull your head out of the sand NRL.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Tap Twist Snap said:
It's all fluff. The NRL don't care who gets to see the games. They can't get nine to show it around Australia. They have stoped people from overseas watching the game on the internet with their Bigpond joke. I'm really sure there will be millions of Chinese watching the game. Pull your head out of the sand NRL.

ARL

Paley

Juniors
From BigPond

The viewing audience for tonight's State of Origin opener in Brisbane will spread across most of the globe with live telecasts being shown everywhere from France and the US through to Africa and China.

If you happen to be in one of the few places without access to a telecast don't despair – you can catch all the action as it unfolds tonight with NRL.COM's live stats from 8pm AEST.

You can also catch a replay of the game on NRL.COM from 8pm AEST tomorrow night (Thursday 26 May).

This year's State of Origin promises to be a thrilling contest with punters in NRL.COM's Origin fan poll hardly able to separate the two teams.

http://www.nrl.com/news.cfm?ID=11562

Morenito

Juniors
Foxsports in america is free to air right?? Along with the hundred other channels they get...

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I know theyre showing games this year, (that dont work that well) but they dont show games before 2004. Thats what I was meant to say.

knights 2004

Juniors
ill be in thailand for origin 2, anyone know where i could catch it??? il be in phuket or bankok i cant remember which one ill be in at the time

Nugby

Juniors
FOX Soccer Channel? That's a bit of a suprise. Still better that than being in Melbourne!

gottabegood

Juniors
knights 2004 said:
ill be in thailand for origin 2, anyone know where i could catch it??? il be in phuket or bankok i cant remember which one ill be in at the time

There are loads and loads of pubs in those areas, Sumkhavit (?) Rd in Bangkok is a good choice. Just check the time it's on and then find a pub and ask them if they can show it. I think it is on Star Sports.

Beware of yellow fever.

LESStar58

Referee
fuck this for a game of soldiers! I'm moving to Beijing!

What do they put on in Melbourne instead? The Ted Whitten Legends Game? A bunch of so called "hardmen" of the 70s and 80s making even bigger dicks of emselves when they first played! Ted Whittens been dead for 10 years! Get over it!