What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live Updates ****spoiler***

Can i say that we honestly just played god damn shit!!!
The game was long over even before halfway through the second half.

And another thing.... a lot of you have been saying that robbo should be dropped...well what did u think of his performance today, my honest opion is that he played pretty good. Best player overall was weyman!!

edabomb

First Grade
I didn't rate Robbo at all. He hasn't shown why he's in first grade in about 6-7weeks.

Bay56

First Grade
The same ol crap that you all witnessed today will keep on happening until we get a decent coach and untill there is a change at the top.

You guys can put a positive spin on it until the cows come home.

I have been resigned to this for some time ... thats the reason I dont get so upset after a lose anymore .. I half expect it, and a win is almost like a bonus ... my wife thinks I am a better person for it :) :)

Will these changes come quickly ... I dont think so unfortunately .. in the mean time I will buy my season tickets, gork at the raiderettes, bag the ref and barrack for my team knowing they aint the best in the comp.

The only question now that remains is "what's elliots one liner going to be at the press conference"

cya lata guys.

You all probly think im an idiot or something...for wat i think of robbo...i have faith in him and always will...because i dont see every other player having a blinder every week so...plus robbos only young... i made my point

who would you guys say played the best out there...

What a s*** performance.

Elliot made a crucial decision which came back to bite him on the arse, and that's not having Weyman and Wiki - our two best go-forward men - on the field to start the second half. We were bashed out of the game and our defence was non-existant.

Weyman was the best forward on the park... again.

11 tackles
15 hit-ups
169 metres

And he only had about 35-40 minutes.

Elliot has to bite the bullet and do several things:

- Carney at halfback. I don't care if Elliot doesn't want to use him, he has too. I agree with azza... McLinden ain't a halfback. Even if it means we sacrifice every game this year, in the long run Carney will be better for it.

- Start Weyman. O'Hara is ordinary. Weyman has shown more in 2 games than O'Hara has since he was selected for SoO. I know he provides an impact of the bench but the more you play him the better the side will go.

edabomb

First Grade
I have no doubt Robbo has promise, just don't think he is first grade material at the moment. He is a very adequate back up player. I don't think he has the build to see him through a full season of NRL, he was awesome the first 10weeks but has dropped off big time since.

I thought Croker and Weyman went well, that was about it.

azza

Juniors
IBG, I have more credibility than you re Macca :p because I was even saying he aint a halfback after the Broncos game where he had a blinder. An incredibly handy utility but does not have the all round game to consistently be a playmaker. We need Carney in there. I don't care if he stuffs up, he deserves a chance, god knows Macca has had about 60.

I agree. Macca's kicking game is woeful every week... his long kicking game is pretty good now, he can actually find space. But close to the line it's either crappy grubber or even crappier bombs. Dare I say it, even Drew's bombs are better than McLindens........

Raider_69

Post Whore
next week must see monaghan droped, robertson dropped
gafa to the wing, macca to 5/8th, carney to half and anyone but boogs to centre

Im in love with robbo...but if it means winning games.......... :( well........we drop him......but if they dont win im gonna fume!!! This is really hard for me to say you guys...

Bay56

First Grade
I Bleed Green said:
Elliot made a crucial decision which came back to bite him on the arse, and that's not having Weyman and Wiki - our two best go-forward men - on the field to start the second half. We were bashed out of the game and our defence was non-existant.

IBG I mentioned that in one of my earlier posts ... it makes the mind bogle how a 1st grade coach couldnt have worked that out for himself.

Unfortunately Elliot is usually three or four passes behind the opposition coach ... oh yea, he's a good guy and all, gets on well with the media (one of the reasons why more pressure has not been applied on to him in the past) ... but a smart 1st grade coach ... nop !!!

brenno

Juniors
other than a decent run or 2 robbo was a massive liability in defence along with Mark Mclinden. Weyman (if healthy he will play rep footy sooner rather than later) croker & wiki were the best but, the rest of the fowards were garbage and kept dropping the ball e.g. michael hodgson about 3/4 times. That didn't allow for the halves to play well but, i'm not gonna put a positive spin on Mclinden's game as his execution and decision making skills are mediocre for a 1st grade half.

Bay56

First Grade
raiderette_robbo said:
Im in love with robbo...but if it means winning games.......... :( well........we drop him......but if they dont win im gonna fume!!! This is really hard for me to say you guys...

raiderette robbo ... are you sure you are in the right forum :lol: :lol:

Bay56 said:
raiderette_robbo said:

raiderette robbo ... are you sure you are in the right forum :lol: :lol:

wat do ya mean :?:

Um Jammer Lammy

Juniors
I'm not impressed with today's performance, Elliott has lost the plot! Weyman off at half time thats a joke. I am a McLinden fan for sure and today he was very ordinary but so was everyone bar Schifcofske, Gafa, Wiki, Croker and of course Weyman even with the coach holding him back. Nathan Smith has a few times not performed defesivly on the wing and I'm not sure if he is fast enough for a first grade winger position because Donald and co just went pas and around him. It's beyond me how Nathan Smith can get a start when Todd Carney isn't even in sight. Ryan O'hara is playing like a pansy at the moment, Joel Monaghan hasn't cut the cheese since he signed with the tri-colours which to me means he's packed his bag and is only waiting to board the bus to Bondi. So Carney to start McLinden to 6 Gafa to the number 2 jersey. No Drew no Bulgarelli!!!!!! I am fast losing patience with Elliott.

greeneyed

First Grade
I Bleed Green said:
What a s*** performance.

Weyman was the best forward on the park... again.

11 tackles
15 hit-ups
169 metres

And he only had about 35-40 minutes.

Elliot has to bite the bullet and do several things:

- Carney at halfback. I don't care if Elliot doesn't want to use him, he has too. I agree with azza... McLinden ain't a halfback. Even if it means we sacrifice every game this year, in the long run Carney will be better for it.

- Start Weyman. O'Hara is ordinary. Weyman has shown more in 2 games than O'Hara has since he was selected for SoO. I know he provides an impact of the bench but the more you play him the better the side will go.

The season is over so I agree, let's go with putting Carney in at half and Macca in at 5/8th. I am a bit Macca supporter, but god did he have a shocker today. Some of those options..... on the 5th tackle... on the SECOND TACKLE.... ugh.....

I agree, O'Hara is just not having the impact we need from him.