What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locals v Imports

roopy

Referee
Kidley
McManus
S Gordon
Hartman
Uate
Mullen
Walsh
White
Buderus
Tolar
Paterson
Simpson
Bailey

M Tuafua
T Natusch
H Laban
S Dureau

Luluia
Naiquama
Doogs
Doogs
Vuna
Thurston
Karawana
Cross
Hilder
Sargeant
Taia
Houston
Wicks

Fa'aso
Royal
?????
?????

I'm sure i've forgotton someone.
I think the locals would have slightly weaker backs and forwards, but win the game in the halves.

Spike

First Grade
Hession would weaken the exports backline

Karl Johnson?

Tillott

Poleo

roopy

Referee
macavity said:
wellington is local now?
Timmy had only played half a dozen games of league for his school when we signed him.
He is a Rip Taylor creation. I'd bet if you saw him in the shower he has TM Rip Taylor stamped on his arse.
Hanan had played a fair bit and was rated the best young prop in NZ - but he has come on a million miles by playing for our juniors.
IMO a local is anyone who played juniors for the Knights - and Mark Tuafua.

Spike

First Grade
roopy said:
I'd bet if you saw him in the shower he has TM Rip Taylor stamped on his arse.

You have to stop using men and showers as metaphors roopy.....

Hanscholo

Bench
One of the best things Warren Ryan did was bring Ben Kennedy to Newcastle. It changed our pack from good, to great. Locals are the lifeblood of the team, imports are the cream on top. We need to make sure we are in the market for both, and to be honest, the only thing that should ever mater is the quality they bring to the side.