What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lock of the year

Lock of the year

• Tonie Carroll

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Tony Grimaldi

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Alan Tongue

Votes: 61 40.7%
  • Ben Kennedy

Votes: 53 35.3%
  • Dallas Johnson

Votes: 12 8.0%
  • Paul Gallen

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Glen Morrison

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Trent Waterhouse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Louis Anderson

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Ashley Harrison

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Luke O'Donnell

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Kirk Reynoldson

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

PARRA_FAN

Coach
A few good ones here, Paul Gallen, Alan Tongue, Ben Kennedy.

I really think Ben Kennedy will get it again this year, every time he's on the field for Manly he lifts the team, puts in 100%. They'll miss him next year.

Philby

Juniors
Alan Tounge has had a phenomanal year over a 1000 tackles coupled with 9 tries this year

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ben Kennedy, although he should also get biggest whinger of the year as well

t-ba

Post Whore
Twizzle said:
Ben Kennedy, although he should also get biggest whinger of the year as well

Buderus and Johns both have him covered easily in those stakes.

JJ

Immortal
while there has to be some respect for the performances of Tongue, Kennedy is the lock of the year by such a margin it's not funny (IMO)

willvillain

Juniors
While it is nice that Tongue is getting quite a few votes, I think it is sad that it is more likely to do with the hatred of Manly on these boards than what he has actually achieved this year.

legend

Coach
Tongue was the leading tackler in the NRL and leading tryscorer among all forwards and played more games than Kennedy so he would be a worthy winner IMO.

mxlegend99

Referee
willvillain said:
While it is nice that Tongue is getting quite a few votes, I think it is sad that it is more likely to do with the hatred of Manly on these boards than what he has actually achieved this year.
No... it's the Raiders supporters voting for their guy.
Just like they do with Carney as best HB, Shif as best FB, Mogg as best centre etc.
BK for mine. To each his own though.

Parra Guru

Coach
I voted Kennedy, easily.

But what is really starting to sh*t me is his whinging. And I also lost a lot of respect for him last year in Origin when he took a blatant dive to milk a penalty.

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
Kennedy has to get it but i think Tounge deserves special mention for his efforts and hard work this year. Over 1000 tackles in ayear is amazing

MSIH

Bench
legend said:
Tongue was the leading tackler in the NRL and leading tryscorer among all forwards and played more games than Kennedy so he would be a worthy winner IMO.

Hold the phone, Alan Tongue has played more games. Game over, well done Alan.

Tongue has had a top year for his standards, but he is so far away from BK's level it's farcical he is only 6 votes behind as I type.

t-ba

Post Whore
Not only is it amusing that Reynoldson is an option, but it's doubly amusing that he's got a vote!

Disco

Bench
I cannot Believe 13 people have voted for Tongue

i mean the guy has had a fantastic year, but even he would admit that its nowhere near BKs level

lockyno1

Post Whore
Dead set, the 2nd best lock this year has been Dallas Johnson. Tongue has been good but so what, you don't get Dally M awards for being "solid" in terms of play. Kennedy and Johnson are the top 2.

JJ

Immortal
again, while Tongue deserves respect - even being second is a joke.

Lot's of raiders fans, I guess

bullsh*t. He has scored more tries than any forward in the comp, made 150 more tackles than any other player in the comp, and has been consistently good all year. BK is a much better player than Tongue, no doubt, but Tongue has played better than him this year

lockyno1

Post Whore
Absolute rubbish WM. Yes Tongue has been good no doubt. I don't see anyone saying otherwise. But Kennedy has been a standout for Manly and one of the leading candidates for the Dally M Medal. He has been that good this year. Johnson has been superb this year for Melbourne and would be my 2nd pick. Withought him Melbourne's pack would be a lot weaker.