What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lock of the year

Lock of the year

• Tonie Carroll

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Tony Grimaldi

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Alan Tongue

Votes: 61 40.7%
  • Ben Kennedy

Votes: 53 35.3%
  • Dallas Johnson

Votes: 12 8.0%
  • Paul Gallen

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Glen Morrison

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Trent Waterhouse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Louis Anderson

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Ashley Harrison

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Luke O'Donnell

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Kirk Reynoldson

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Disco

Bench
Raider_69 said:
SLIP IN THE TONGUE!

This thread is proving just how under-rated the bloke is. Tonguey, whatta legend!

i dunno at the rate raiders fans are jizzing themselves he'll soon be overated

infact with the amount of votes his gotten i'd say his there

the way it should have gone is

BK - 60%
Tongue - 13%
Johnson - 12%
Matuia - 10%
Other - 5%

Raider_69

Post Whore
id back Tonguey to be lead BK in every stat other then metres gained.

I recon he'd have more tries, more tackles, more assists, more hit ups (my only iffy one) more games, more minutes, he's done it in a lesser team according to the experts. AND he's done it being about 1/8th the size and talent of BK.

Wouldnt trade him for anyone in the comp. We love the tongue!
MARCH ON TO THE DALLY M'S TONGUEY!

Raider_69

Post Whore
plus BK plays for manly. They are scum
Tonguey plays for the greatest sporting club in the world!

BK isnt fit to wipe the arse of the great and honourable, SIR Alan Tongue!

willvillain

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
id back Tonguey to be lead BK in every stat other then metres gained.

I recon he'd have more tries, more tackles, more assists, more hit ups (my only iffy one) more games, more minutes, he's done it in a lesser team according to the experts. AND he's done it being about 1/8th the size and talent of BK.

Wouldnt trade him for anyone in the comp. We love the tongue!
MARCH ON TO THE DALLY M'S TONGUEY!

I think we all agree that Tongue has made more tackles and scored more tries than BK. That's been evident in every Raider post in this thread. They both have one try assist. BK has 5 line break assists to Tongue's 2. Tongue has more linebreaks than BK (9 to 4). Bk has 55 offloads to Tongue's 14.

As of a few weeks ago, BK had 334 hit ups. This obviously won't have changed seeing as he hasn't played since then. Tongue wasn't in the top 20 at that point, things may have changed of course.

You're right that Tongue has played more minutes though. BK has missed five games, and missed big chunks of other games (Tigers game at Leichhardt, Panthers at Brookie, Knights in Newcastle etc), but his stats still stack up remarkably well (excluding of course the tackling stat)....

Disco

Bench
Bk has 55 offloads to Tongue's 14. lol

can someone actually post both there Metres gained stats

willvillain

Juniors
Bk has 2927 metres gained, averaging 154 a game (which again, includes the games mentioned before where he played minimal minutes).

willvillain

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
It's "his godliness, Sir Alan Tongue" to you, Willvillian
:D

It would appear that the LU faithful agree with you, so I'll try to remember it. Can't make any promises though.

Disco said:
Bk has 55 offloads to Tongue's 14. lol

can someone actually post both there Metres gained stats

The sea eagles website does not have a metres gained stat for each player.

Tongue has scored 44 points to BK's 8. Thats a fairly big differential, though BK has a lot more offloads. But in the majority of stats - tongue is more dominant

MSIH

Bench
waltzing Meninga said:
The sea eagles website does not have a metres gained stat for each player.

Tongue has scored 44 points to BK's 8. Thats a fairly big differential, though BK has a lot more offloads. But in the majority of stats - tongue is more dominant

Haha, you're actually serious. Your mates are taking the piss, but you genuinely believe Tongue is better than Kennedy. That's great.

MSIH said:
Haha, you're actually serious. Your mates are taking the piss, but you genuinely believe Tongue is better than Kennedy. That's great.

Read my previous posts. Kennedy is a far better player than Tongue will probably ever be, but Tongue has played better this year.

JJ

Immortal
wow - is this rigged? Are there that many one-eyed Canberra fans? Or do people in this forum (well 50% of them) not understand footie?

Good thing is, the real thing won't over-sample Canberra fans

Raider_69

Post Whore
im taking the piss abit here, but i agree with the above, kennedy is a better player then tongue might ever be, but on this season alone, nothing more or less, tonguey has him IMO

ALL HAIL THE GREAT ALAN TONGUE!

Latest posts