What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locky is #1

Mr Saab

Referee
Knight82 said:
You've got to admit that his been dreadful this year deadset Barrett owns him and even Sutton or Anasta have been having more of an impact.

dreadful? where was also this talk when Lockyer was leading the broncos to 10 straight wins.
Om top of the comp by a clear 6 points at one stage. All of a sudden in the space if 5 weeks he is crap and had a dreadul yr?????? :roll:
I seem to recall people (like me) saying Johns was past it at the start of the yr and he would never be the same again!

ozboy

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
dreadful? where was also this talk when Lockyer was leading the broncos to 10 straight wins.
Om top of the comp by a clear 6 points at one stage. All of a sudden in the space if 5 weeks he is crap and had a dreadul yr?????? :roll:
I seem to recall people (like me) saying Johns was past it at the start of the yr and he would never be the same again!

TC was injured, wasn't he ?

Mr Saab

Referee
TC played about 13 games all yr and most of those at the backend of the yr.
He hardly played when the broncos won 10 in a row

Raider_69

Post Whore
lockyer wont only be picked for the kangaroos at 5/8th but he'll also have the little 'c' next to his name, given what he did last time in the green and gold, fair game

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
on current form he shouldn't be in the Aussie team, but the coach will see that he gets an armchair ride

Mr Saab

Referee
well thankgod they dont pick the team on 5 weeks of form...it is the whole yr and on previous performances for australia, and rightfully so.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Twizzle said:
on current form he shouldn't be in the Aussie team, but the coach will see that he gets an armchair ride

in the same way that on form Johns didnt deserve to be selected for Origin 2, he was and look what happened :)

bluesbreaker

Bench
Raider_69 said:
in the same way that on form Johns didnt deserve to be selected for Origin 2, he was and look what happened :)

Don't compare Lockyer and Johns please, you're just embarrassing yourself.

Mr Saab

Referee
bluesbreaker said:
Don't compare Lockyer and Johns please, you're just embarrassing yourself.

he is just stating a fact. Johns was not playing all that great (not compared to his last 10 rounds) and did the job for NSW tenfold.
So Lockyer is not killing it like he was from rnds 1-20...that should not signal the end of his Australian career.

Razor

Coach
This is the only thing that I agree with Paul Kent. Lockyer shouldn't be in the side at all. Barrett at 5/8 and Mini at fullback.

bluesbreaker

Bench
This is the point where Broncodroid (may he rest in peace) would pop up and write a 5000 word essay telling us that Locky has "_FIVE_... Er... _FOUR_ years at least left in the game to prove he's the best 5/8th ever and a future immortal. At least that's what he told me when I was collecting folicles of his hair from the floor of his barber to add to my collection. As your current Australian captain..." etc etc etc.

Next year it'll be three :D.

JJ

Immortal
Lockyer hasn't done enough to be dropped - he should be 6, and not considered for fullback.

Johns should be captain when available...

I suspect Bennett agrees with me on all of these except the latter...

And BK should be lock, no debate there really

Kiwi

First Grade
So Razor ( and anyone else who wants Lockyer dropped ) are you saying also that Johns should never have been picked for NSW? He was in his own words on the footy show I think it was, in some of the worst form of his career leading up to the game.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
he is just stating a fact. Johns was not playing all that great (not compared to his last 10 rounds) and did the job for NSW tenfold.
So Lockyer is not killing it like he was from rnds 1-20...that should not signal the end of his Australian career.

Lockyer was never "killing it" you clown. He had an international forward pack to work with, and still he could only average less than 1 try assist a game. Look back over your performances and tell me Lockyer was the reason you won. Even when Johns was playing sh*t he was still averaging more try assists per game than Lockyer, and that was with a forward pack full of nuffies. First 20 rounds, hah, what a laugh. Origin killed Lockyer's form this year, just like last year.

Mr Saab

Referee
breaker...what kileld lockyer last yr was a broken rib. Which he played with since the test match in newcastle vs the kiwis. That fact doesnt sit with you does it as it shoots down your argument....you clown.

When someone starts throwing stats at me like "Tackles, try assits, line breaks" then i switch off. Stats dont tell you the full impact of ones game. You might tugg off to them, but i dont.

Kiwi

First Grade
I guess it doesn't really matter what anyone on here thinks about Lockyer and Johns ( with regards to missing a test ). It'll prbably go something like this

- Lockyer will be in the 6.
- Johns will return to the 7 after his stint with warrington, even if he misses the first test.
- Lockyer will be captain.
- Barrett will probably play 7 if Johns is missing and off the bench if Johns is playing.

And there is nothing anyone can do about any of it really.

Mr Saab

Referee
Kiwi said:
I guess it doesn't really matter what anyone on here thinks about Lockyer and Johns ( with regards to missing a test ). It'll prbably go something like this

- Lockyer will be in the 6.
- Johns will return to the 7 after his stint with warrington, even if he misses the first test.
- Lockyer will be captain.
- Barrett will probably play 7 if Johns is missing and off the bench if Johns is playing.

And there is nothing anyone can do about any of it really.

thats right...nothing we say on here will change any of that.