What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer MOTM

innsaneink

Referee
Poor guy, clearly highly embarrassed about it, and then the prick announcer called him back to thank some more people, wasnt surprised to see he had tucked the medal under his jumper.
Never seen a team beaten by 14 before supply the MOTM.
What a joke.

Jono078

Referee
I thought Jeremy Smith or Adam Blair was MOTM.

But yeh that was a bit embarrassing, then the 2nd time he got called up the announcer dude decided to tell him who he should thank...

8Ball

First Grade
He was easily Australia's best, and one of the best on ground. But yeah, there's something hollow about picking the MotM from the team which lost by 14.

Brutus

Referee
That announcer guy (Steve Allan) has weirdo eyes and fact they always get him to talk down the camera lens instead of talking to the crowd makes him look even more weirder.

Robster

Bench
how arrogant is it that a Australian gets MOTM? The Kiwis bloody destroyed the Kangaroos and strongly feel Sam Rapira, Benji Marshall, Jerome Ropati and more so Adam Blair deserve the award.

Jono078

Referee
Didn't they say Colin Love chose MOTM?

Deadset Lockyer is probably the only player he knows.

JB

Juniors
Lockyer had a good first half but i thought the introduction of Rapira was probably the biggest influence on the game (apart from Slater and Monaghan of course). The Kiwi's we're still in first gear until he came on and showed them how to hit a ball up, and how to put on a hit. Rapira for mine.

MKEB...

Staff member
I thought Faalongo and Rapira would have been close, even Marshall...not Lockyer though.

bobbis

Juniors
Lockyer was easily the best for Australia, despite the loss he had a good game. He had a hand in all 20 of Australia's points. He definately looked embarressed receiving the award. He was one of the best on ground possibly not man of the match but he was right up there. Whereas NZ were superb across the park and as a team were better, Lockyer as an individual was still very good.

8Ball

First Grade
Lockyer had a much better game than Marshall...

Should have gone to Rapira imo

Tiger-lord 75

Juniors
I thought Faalongo and Rapira would have been close, even Marshall...not Lockyer though.

Locky was all over Marshall.

He most probably was the best player on the ground, should have scored three tries and set up two as well. However when you lose like that then the MOM should come from the winning side.

Mortar

Juniors
I heard ray warrren say that a panel of 4 people made up of a kiwi, a pom, an aussie and a png official selected the MOM.

Latest posts