What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer out

Hutty1986

Immortal
Dragons lost 2 consecutive finals games, don't give me that "bowed out 1 week before yours" bullshit, you guys were favorites to win the premiership start of the year, didn't even get a home final..

Bronco's were reeling after having their coach sacked which has never happened in Bronco's history, also last year we didn't make the 8 for the first time in a very long time, no one could have expected us to be playing off to be in the GF this year but we are and we've over achieved.

I would like to see a thread full of predictions for this season, see how many put us finishing top 4.

I think it would completely back up what I am saying.

So we're the first premiership favourites not to win the comp? You had one of the all-time greats steering the ship at 6, a brilliant young backline and terrific forwards like Parker, Hannant, etc. Manly have over-achieved more than you guys imo, when you look at the fact their play-makers are just kids!
The Dragons woes have been well-documented & i reckon Bennett's departure at the start of the year and the fact we won the comp last year played a fairly big part. It's always bloody tough to lose the way we did to you guys, but I'm proud of the way we played (more than I could say for most of the 10 weeks or so leading up to that game anyway!)

AuDragon

Juniors
So we're the first premiership favourites not to win the comp? You had one of the all-time greats steering the ship at 6, a brilliant young backline and terrific forwards like Parker, Hannant, etc. Manly have over-achieved more than you guys imo, when you look at the fact their play-makers are just kids!

Really? Maybe you should check the difference between the 2008 and 2011 Manly teams...
Yes, their halves are young, but they're both quality. Pretty much the rest of the team has already won a GF.

Now compare that to a team that carries 10 players in their first or second year in first grade...

Slammin

Juniors
Enjoying this thread about Locky being out...nothing but StMerge people crying over and over again. You'll have more to cry about next year and then some since it will be a long time before you even make the top 8 again.

Tommax25

Bench
Phil Rothfield can't be wrong.

I mean it was his publication that today had Adam Blair and Glenn Stewart in the team lists for the weekend.:lol::lol::lol:

In the paper on Wednesday right? I saw Wolfy with a broken neck on the wing and torn pectroal Jason King at front row too :crazy:

Big Pete

Referee
At the start of the season, nobody would have said our backline was brilliant. Out of our 1-5 only two players would be considered good - Hodges and Hoffman and even then there were serious question marks on Hodges' fitness and whether or not he'd be the same player. Considering both missed a fair portion of the season it says a lot about the way the side has played.

eagles4eva

Coach
At the start of the season, nobody would have said our backline was brilliant. Out of our 1-5 only two players would be considered good - Hodges and Hoffman and even then there were serious question marks on Hodges' fitness and whether or not he'd be the same player. Considering both missed a fair portion of the season it says a lot about the way the side has played.

I would say that about both teams, most people didn't pick either team to be in this position, credit to both teams playing off to make the GF..

Big Pete

Referee
I was just commenting on the Broncos but yes, Manly have played exceptionally well all season and deserve to be where they are.

Yep agreed, Manly have surprised everyone and have had a magical season. I didn't even put them in my pre-season top 8. well done Manly.

analyst

Juniors
there might not be any weight to it but the sports/news on ch10 has reported rumours from the sfs that lockyer may either be a late inclusion or come off the bench, the late inclusion I think is a bit far fetched but he has been training with the broncos ever since he made his announcement, most likely just fake last minute drama but thats the latest.

to_ddeath

Coach
The above posts only demonstrate how many f*ckwits support both teams who played tonight. Nothing else.

T.

Goddy

Juniors
there might not be any weight to it but the sports/news on ch10 has reported rumours from the sfs that lockyer may either be a late inclusion or come off the bench, the late inclusion I think is a bit far fetched but he has been training with the broncos ever since he made his announcement, most likely just fake last minute drama but thats the latest.

I'm actually surprised this wasn't true; his swelling looked like it had improved drastically.