What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer you Boofhead

Big Mick

Referee
I thought it was f**king hilarious!, I thought Lockyer was dull but after this I stand corrected.

simon says

First Grade
Yeah,I had a chuckle...but really,what a thing to say.Gallop must be spewing IMHO...you would have top be pretty silly to think it would be cool to make ight of a very serious situation.Funny but he WASNT at the pub.

Cant wait for the Broncos v Bulldogs game this year,should have a little extra spice ;-) ;-)

Kasper

Bench
Very Funny indeed.

I can't believe the way some people are carrying on, this is very mild compared to what other stars have done.

zulu

Juniors
El Duque said:
Steve Price say Wally Lewis isn't happy he said it.

Good old Steve Price messed up his facts a bit this afternoon didn't he? First he kept on about how Lockyer said " Imagine how many premierships would the Bulldogs win with 8 rapists in the team?", despite Lockyer not saying eight at all. Even after he played the thing over and over again, he kept misquoting Locky. A caller finally pulled him up and he apologised.

He then blurted out that Queensland selector Gene Miles said Lockyer was no chance of playing for Queensland and Australia again when Miles really said, he thought Lockyer's days at fullback for QLD and Aus were numbered and that he would play five-eighth from now on.

Steve - we are aware you have no idea about rugby league, so shut your gob!!! If only he knew what a wonderful role model Locky is to kids in QLD.

In saying that, Locky was foolish/dumb to do what he did, but surely he can be fully excused for what will no doubt turn out to be a one-off.

I also like Steve Price's show, but he shoots off too quick, too often about things he knows nothing about. You are in a rugby league state now Pricey!!

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
:lol: :lol: :lol: Lockyer...that was absolutley brilliant. Thank god someone can add a lil humour to get ppl laughing again b4 the season starts! :clap:

Azkatro

First Grade
I might be overspeculating, but I wonder if certain forces urged him to say it to give the powers that be a clear-cut reason to give the captaincy back to Johns. The first thing I thought when I saw that was.... it's not like Locky to say that. Which is what made me wonder.

Anonymous

Juniors
I think youre over speculating. ;-)
btw, I heard the same joke in the bar at Carrara Stadium on Saturday night.
Only the guy telling it had a better delivery, was more subtle, and most importantly, he chose his audience.

DRRRAGONS

Juniors
I think in regards to the audience and timing it was a stupid thing to say. Rape is a serious issue and he could come across as making light of it.

I have no doubt that he also thinks it is a serious issue, but you need to be a little more sensitive when the media is involved.

Blade

Juniors
Lockyer faces $10k fine

By Chris Stedman, Martin Chulov and Drew Warne-Smith
March 5, 2004

AUSTRALIAN rugby league Test captain Darren Lockyer faces a fine of up to $10,000 for bringing the game into disrepute after telling a joke about the Bulldogs rape scandal at a corporate lunch yesterday.

Lockyer stunned more than 500 guests at Brisbane's Sheraton Hotel when he told a joke about the Bulldogs and legendary St George footballer Johnny Raper.

Lockyer told the function: "You know, St George, they won 11 premierships with one Raper, imagine how many Canterbury are going to win."

With league legend Raper incensed, Lockyer later apologised for his comments. "I've misjudged the situation. At no stage did I intend to demean anyone or trivialise the seriousness of events of the past few weeks."

The gaffe came as police investigating the alleged rape scandal claimed to have come up with a series of new leads yesterday after receiving prepared statements from six more players.

Deputy NSW Police Commissioner Dave Madden said investigators from Strike Force McGuigon, formed to look into the February 22 incident, would now extend their stay in Sydney.

This was partly because five players are yet to be interviewed, but also because new information provided by the players would take more time than expected to investigate.

Mr Madden said six of the nine players interviewed yesterday had "provided prepared statements".

The Australian understands that the first 11 players declined to answer police questions themselves, speaking only through their lawyers.

One player, Hazem El Masri, yesterday refused to submit a DNA sample, or provide a statement under the advice of his lawyer, Adam Houda.

"Arguably, he is the best role model in the game," Mr Houda said. "With his standing, he finds it demeaning to be involved in these types of inquiry.

"He finds it insulting to be questioned over these allegations."

Mr Houda predicted police would today seek a court order forcing El Masri to give a DNA sample but added that this was unlikely to succeed because police did not regard his client as a suspect.

At least 18 of 20 players have now declined to directly respond to police questioning.

An NRL investigator will this morning hand a report to the league hierarchy into the Bulldogs night of revelry in the hours before the alleged pack rape of the 20-year-old woman took place.

Source: The Australian

In my very limited exposure to RL, Lockyer is my favourite player. And from what I've read of him as a person, he seems like a class guy and a good representative of the code, a gentleman. So this poor judgment is very disappointing on his part.

Kiwi

First Grade
Timanaz_Baybee said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i couldnt stop laughin!! he is gonna get knokd da F* out!!

The only thing that keeps getting knocked out are the Knights from the finals when ever they lose one player.

Willow said:
I heard the same joke in the bar at Carrara Stadium on Saturday night.
Only the guy telling it had a better delivery, was more subtle, and most importantly, he chose his audience.

You are right on the money there Willow. There is a time and a place for everything and Lockyer showed very poor judgement indeed. If he is thinking of a career as a comedian after rugby league, he can forget it.

Alba

Coach
Kiwi said:
Timanaz_Baybee said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i couldnt stop laughin!! he is gonna get knokd da F* out!!

The only thing that keeps getting knocked out are the Knights from the finals when ever they lose one player.

bhahaha and yet they hava better record of winning without Joey than rooters hav without Freddy huh :lol: :lol:

Latest posts