What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer you Boofhead

Chook

First Grade
Yes I'm sure the girl at the centre of this, her family and friends had a great little chuckle to themselves. :roll: As would the afl and union masters for a whole set of different reasons :?

Well done dopey, try this concept Darren, THINK before talking!!

Chook.

JJ

Immortal
CanadianSteve said:
In my very limited exposure to RL, Lockyer is my favourite player. And from what I've read of him as a person, he seems like a class guy and a good representative of the code, a gentleman. So this poor judgment is very disappointing on his part.

He's still a great player. But clearly he is not a class guy, nor is he a good representative of his code.

But then he's not alone their, I'm struggling to name a single player I would classify as a "class guy" - they're young guys who play a physical sport, we shouldn't expect much of them. they certainly aren't role models, and well many of them are just low-lifes plain and simple.

Let's just watch them smash each other, and push the mute button when they start talking

choc_soldier

Coach
I heard the "joke" on Sports Tonight, and for a split second, had a chuckle, but then straight away thought that it was the wrong thing, at the wrong place, at the wrong time.

Completely inappopriate, not the kind of thing the captain of a national sporting team should be saying.

It was a brain explosion, but Lockyer is a great bloke and great player, and looked clearly embarrased later on when he apologised.

Hopefully this doesn't come back to bite him hard in the ass later on when it comes to rep selection (i.e. captaincy).

Kiwi

First Grade
Timanaz_Baybee said:
Kiwi said:
Timanaz_Baybee said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i couldnt stop laughin!! he is gonna get knokd da F* out!!

The only thing that keeps getting knocked out are the Knights from the finals when ever they lose one player.

bhahaha and yet they hava better record of winning without Joey than rooters hav without Freddy huh :lol: :lol:

Only just.

Kaz

junior
ROOSTERMAN said:
Absolutely disgusted in lockyers comment. No way a representative of Australia should carry on like that

And being drunk outside a police station & peeing in the harbour while on a boat was. :lol:

hrundi99

First Grade
Call me a party-pooper but I don't find the subject of (alleged) rape funny in the slightest.

miladi

Juniors
hrundi99 said:
Call me a party-pooper but I don't find the subject of (alleged) rape funny in the slightest.
And I don't think the great John Raper would consider such a use of his name funny either!

Pierced Soul

First Grade
miladi said:
And I don't think the great John Raper would consider such a use of his name funny either!

Actually I think I read somewhere that Raper didnt mind too much as he's heard it all before. Interesting that Geoff Carr said that he must've heard that joke 22 times before then anway and wasnt too concerned.....

ibeme

First Grade
Raper said that he wasn't impressed, but knowing Lockyer, he didn't take it too hard.

Razor

Coach
Kiwi said:
The only thing that keeps getting knocked out are the Knights from the finals when ever they lose one player.

Last year they had 5 players out, not 1. And 4 others carrying injuries. The year before they had 4 players out, not 1.

Kiwi

First Grade
Razor said:
Kiwi said:

Last year they had 5 players out, not 1. And 4 others carrying injuries. The year before they had 4 players out, not 1.

But all was fine till a certain player got injured. There was no concerns till that certain player went down in a blaze of glory twice. the Knights could have 4 players out, just as long as 1 is not Johns. If 1 is named Johns, Knights = GOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRN!!!!!!!!!

JJ said:
CanadianSteve said:
In my very limited exposure to RL, Lockyer is my favourite player. And from what I've read of him as a person, he seems like a class guy and a good representative of the code, a gentleman. So this poor judgment is very disappointing on his part.

He's still a great player. But clearly he is not a class guy, nor is he a good representative of his code.

But then he's not alone their, I'm struggling to name a single player I would classify as a "class guy" - they're young guys who play a physical sport, we shouldn't expect much of them. they certainly aren't role models, and well many of them are just low-lifes plain and simple.

Let's just watch them smash each other, and push the mute button when they start talking

Wow - that's quite an indictment of players as a group. Do others feel that way? Canadian hockey players are a young, rough group of guys, but I don't think I'd describe them in as harsh terms as that.

hrundi99 wrote:

I agree. I'm surprised by the number of posts here saying it was funny, but said at the wrong time. I didn't even think it was funny if you ignore the subject matter - it just isn't that clever of a joke.

ibeme

First Grade
Scott Sattler and Steve Price are two players who come to mind as class guys. Shane Webcke seems like a decent guy also.

Bomber

Bench
The main thing to remember, which 99% of us here do, is that rape is a very serious crime and utterly degrading to the victims.

Lockyer's joke was totally out of line and considering the ongoing police investigation, and not to mention the new allegations surrounding Melbourne, very inappropriate.

To all of those to have panned Lockyer as a role model.....how many of you would have said the same thing before this incident? Isn't it funny how we change our opinions to suit the context of the situation so quickly.

Personally, I want the whole Bulldogs saga over quickly, guilty players (if there are any) to be expelled, and for us all to be talking about football again

Bomber

Latest posts