What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer you Boofhead

Foz

Bench
It is being reported Darren Lockyer told a joke about the Dogs will be hard to beat because St George only had one Raper(and they won 11 comps) imagine how many the Bulldogs will win.
AFL and Rugby Union were represented at the luncheon.(Brisbane Broncos Corporate Lunch).
Darren!Darren! what were you thinking? Youve just dropped the Australian Captaincy.

Petey

Juniors
Thats a great call :lol:

But I dont think Darren was going to get the Captaincy . Andrew Johns was always going to get it .

ibeme

First Grade
I imagine he'd be feeling like climbing under a rock right now if this is true. Please don't be true

ibeme

First Grade
Petey said:

But I dont think Darren was going to get the Captaincy . Andrew Johns was always going to get it .

What?????

ibeme

First Grade
He just needs to come out now and say openly that he had a brain explosion. The words just came out before his mind comprehended the gravity and meaning of what he was saying.

I think we've all been in those situations.

Petey

Juniors
ibeme said:
Petey said:

What?????

Joey will be the Captain of Australia this year mark my words .

Darren was a just stand for the Ashes Tour

Foz

Bench
I bet Darren isnt happy he's said it.
I dont think he's meant any harm but in the current climate the media will have a field day.

I remember a similar joke from the early 90s about a Raper, can't remember which player was involved...

Anyway, it seems pretty harmless to me.

ibeme

First Grade
Petey said:
ibeme said:
Petey said:

What?????

Joey will be the Captain of Australia this year mark my words .

Darren was a just stand for the Ashes Tour

I wasn't referring to that part. Stories are already probably being written about this gaff. We don't need other players to join the bulldogs in the media frenzy

hrundi99

First Grade
That's the joke I didn't want to tell in the Fun Bar thread.

I can't imagine why somebody with a supposedly level-head like Lockyer would say it in public...

:roll: #-o

half

Coach
hahaha

the media will paint this as bad, but i think most people enjoy a good joke