What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lodge

Surely we have all sinned and he is allowed to move forward if he has repented and learnt from his.
Not to that level, but he has paid his damages and it's seems he has not been in trouble since.
Needs some PR work with charity's etc to win some people over I'd say.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Surely we have all sinned and he is allowed to move forward if he has repented and learnt from his.

He is more than welcome to move forward, I just don’t believe it should be playing Rugby League.

I wonder how the 9 year old kid is getting on that was hiding behind a door as Lodge was punching holes through it ?

It isn’t just Lodge, I feel the same way about quite a few guys that get the privilege of playing this game, he is just at the more extreme end. I’ll be stoked if Manly get rid of Dylan Walker at the end of the year for similar reasons

Willie Mason was correct a few weeks back when he said there are a lot of shitheads playing rugby league

Rich102

Staff member
Give him a chance for mine. We need someone to light a fuse among our forwards.
He may not be the man going forward but he just may give the others something to think about.
Gives our season a bit of interest too; just when I was falling asleep.

JJ

Immortal
Think Campion has probably nailed it... the great teams in any sport are seldom, if ever, refuges for recovering assholes...

A core leadership of quality characters who are also world class is needed... atm we have RTS and Tohu who tick both boxes... losing one of them... that's a vacuum...

Brisbane are a basket case atm, but looking to get rid of Lodge and Pangai is telling...

Big Marn

Juniors
Going to be interesting to see what direction this ends up going. Could be the deathknell for Brown if it all goes pearshaped. Definitely a polarising decision. Wish O'Sullivan wasnt related. Just stinks of nepotism all over again.

TheDMC

Bench
Think Campion has probably nailed it... the great teams in any sport are seldom, if ever, refuges for recovering assholes...

A core leadership of quality characters who are also world class is needed... atm we have RTS and Tohu who tick both boxes... losing one of them... that's a vacuum...

Brisbane are a basket case atm, but looking to get rid of Lodge and Pangai is telling...

Melbourne systematically cheated as a club for years, so you could call the whole outfit "recovering assholes" including their (recently retired) captain. Still a great team.

Matua

Bench
Going to be interesting to see what direction this ends up going. Could be the deathknell for Brown if it all goes pearshaped. Definitely a polarising decision. Wish O'Sullivan wasnt related. Just stinks of nepotism all over again.
It's a dumb decision. He's not a big enough signing (playing ability) to lose fans over and the Warriors knew that a bunch of fans wouldn't be happy when they last floated signing him.

JJ

Immortal
Melbourne systematically cheated as a club for years, so you could call the whole outfit "recovering assholes" including their (recently retired) captain. Still a great team.
I dislike Melbourne as much as anyone, but I don't see a world in which what they did can be compared to what Lodge got up to in NY

Sanchez

Coach
He did the crime, hes doing the time (1mil in damages not to be scoffed at), societal laws means he should get a second chance. By all accounts, hes worked pretty hard to be better

SmashEmBro

Juniors
I call BS with this nepotism kaka. If we signed Lodge on dumb money or contract length then you could say that. Brisbane are paying almost half of his contract so he’s on about 450k.

Show me any player who’s been around for 4+ years making 140+ meters a game signed at around that much money. It just doesn’t happen. And it certainly doesn’t happen for the Warriors.

Lodge being a polarising signing is probably the understatement of the year. Some will like him, some won’t, but we’re super fortunate to have signed someone of his playing ability for the amount of money we did.

Big Marn

Juniors
I call BS with this nepotism kaka. If we signed Lodge on dumb money or contract length then you could say that. Brisbane are paying almost half of his contract so he’s on about 450k.

Show me any player who’s been around for 4+ years making 140+ meters a game signed at around that much money. It just doesn’t happen. And it certainly doesn’t happen for the Warriors.

Lodge being a polarising signing is probably the understatement of the year. Some will like him, some won’t, but we’re super fortunate to have signed someone of his playing ability for the amount of money we did.
So his Son and his Son-in-law now play for the Warriors and its all above board business decisions by management. I wonder what other Front Rowers out there didnt get looked at properly by O'Sullivan. His son turned out to be rubbish too. To completely wave it off as kaka is a bit naive. Everyone knows League is a jobs for the boys industry. Thats the reason Iro has hung around as long as he has, inept as he is.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ

Sanchez

Coach
So his Son and his Son-in-law now play for the Warriors and its all above board business decisions by management. I wonder what other Front Rowers out there didnt get looked at properly by O'Sullivan. His son turned out to be rubbish too. To completely wave it off as kaka is a bit naive.

What other back up level half could we have gotten? Markets razor thin there

Beavers Headgear

First Grade

They were trying to sign him for big tin last year but he stayed with Brisbane

I’ll wheel out 1 of the my favourite quotes “stats are like mini skirts, what they show is great, but what they hide is vital”. Since Covid and the new rules he has been fairly ordinary most times I’ve seen him, especially with the play the ball speed. Defensively up the guts has left a lot to Ben desired too. Certainly hasn’t led Brisbane out of any hole, then again when he is in the papers bagging the coach he probably wasn’t putting everything in either

Last edited:

SmashEmBro

Juniors
I dunno, stats aren’t everything but we need a meter eater and since he’s returned to the NRL with Brisbane he’s averaged more than 140m per game, with the exception of last year and being injured.

Again, happy for any name to be thrown around that anyone realistically thinks the Warriors could have picked up that has matched Lodges efforts over the last 4 years.

And again, as I said earlier, I think nepotism can be claimed if we lose out some how - long contract or over inflated salary. Lodge has neither. We get something we need at rock bottom price

jaseg

Juniors
O'Sullivan was a 22yo former Junior Kangaroo/NSW and Aus schoolboys halfback who had played less than 10 first grade games when we signed him as a reserve half. Unless it's on stupid money, it's not nepotism - just a failed gamble.

Lodge (ignoring the off field stuff for a second) is a decent starting front rower - not a star, but decent - who is totally reasonable on a 400k or so contract.

Neither case looks like nepotism. One is a failed low risk gamble and the other is a decent player at a fair price who I really wish we hadn't signed because of his past. And while it culminated in that horrible NY incident, that wasn't an isolated thing (for those talking about it as a 'one time' issue). I really hope he's on the shortest possible leash.

waipiro

Juniors
Plenty of assholes out there with premiership rings....more than one ring in some cases too....

Latest posts